Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10630 10631 [10632] 10633 10634 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14559835 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159465 on: March 08, 2022, 10:15:48 pm »

I mean. I'll level with you, I've never actually figured out what the hell the G is supposed to mean to begin with. I understand it more or less in relation to gravity and whatnot, but wireless networks, or whatever the blazes it is? No damn clue.

What I do know is that doing crap like doubling the number as a marketing trick is horseshit that makes it even less meaningful as a term and should rightfully be responded to by throwing rotten fruit at them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159466 on: March 08, 2022, 10:21:39 pm »

When do we get 100G, that promises wireless connectivity in a bomb shelter?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #159467 on: March 08, 2022, 10:59:19 pm »

I mean. I'll level with you, I've never actually figured out what the hell the G is supposed to mean to begin with.
The G stands for Gangsta
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159468 on: March 08, 2022, 11:27:14 pm »

The G stands for Generation, so it's a completely made up term by the cellphone companies.
It also explains why 3G was the first "G" mentioned.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159469 on: March 09, 2022, 01:43:55 am »

So when do we get to the point where the 5G networks become sentient and kill us all?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159470 on: March 09, 2022, 03:33:09 am »

When we get the bright idea to integrate various special purpose AIs into the signalling specification, so that the towers and devices can intelligently overcome interference, and then several generations of neuromorphic inspired ICs make it into the phones.

(allowing the 'network' to become aware, rather than the indinvidual phones and towers on it--- the network has baked in processing, from the intelligent signal processors)

That wouldnt happen for a very very long time though.  We are nowhere close to that.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #159471 on: March 09, 2022, 09:43:04 am »

'your testing is ALL WRONG and one of your test users doesn't exist and the account you picked isn't in our system and the other user is misaligned between corporate and website so that doesn't qualify either and you really should know better when you test and tell specifically which browser you used'

my instructions were 'everyone can click this button and do the thing'

Just... goddamnit. I'm over here getting reamed and made the mistake of even mentioning the browser because I half-remembered old bugs related to the button and had the ill-formed assumption that 'all personas have access to this button' actually meant than all personas have access to the button and not that there are specific individual users approved to use it and I'm privy to none of them.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159472 on: March 09, 2022, 12:39:00 pm »

Despite everything, my posting average on these forums is still 3 per day...

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159473 on: March 10, 2022, 06:59:32 am »

In absolute numbers the days or hours contained in your life expectancy are pretty sobering.

A friend's father (whom she doesn't want to have anything to do with anymore) shot himself in the head with a shotgun... and survived... this might be peak awkwardness.

And on a lighter note the roads were so clear this morning I made like a few reality checks to ensure I am not lucid dreaming, my stresslevels were not between grating and enraged.
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #159474 on: March 10, 2022, 09:56:38 am »

Does she not want anything to do with him because of the attempted suicide, or was she not seeing him before that too?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159475 on: March 10, 2022, 10:06:39 am »

Im guessing that this was a pre-existing arrangement, and the suicide is probably the culmination of the estrangement and other issues.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159476 on: March 10, 2022, 10:42:22 am »

She has been avoiding him for at least 15 years... Knowing her she'll still want nothing to do with him. I don't know if it bothered him at any point he had another family.
let

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159477 on: March 10, 2022, 12:10:25 pm »

Avoiding seems like a good move.
The hard part is going to be the natural curiosity about the father's condition.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159478 on: March 10, 2022, 01:33:46 pm »

Eh, take from frumple, if you've spent over a decade with that sort of thing in the background it stops actually being a thing somewhere along the line. Curiosity only goes so far, family related or not. You eventually internalize they're really not your problem and you genuinely just don't care anymore, heh.

Can be a bit of a relief when you notice it, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #159479 on: March 10, 2022, 08:45:29 pm »

Eh, take from frumple, if you've spent over a decade with that sort of thing in the background it stops actually being a thing somewhere along the line. Curiosity only goes so far, family related or not. You eventually internalize they're really not your problem and you genuinely just don't care anymore, heh.

Can be a bit of a relief when you notice it, really.

I can concur, I have not spoken to my dad in over a decade, and I’m cool with both that and not knowing what’s going on with him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10630 10631 [10632] 10633 10634 ... 11040