Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10633 10634 [10635] 10636 10637 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558080 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159510 on: March 19, 2022, 01:42:36 am »

My lil' boy has made a nest and tent out of his new wagon that he got for his birthday. He is napping in it on the porch.

Be careful. One moment's lapse of watch and suddenly he'll be forcing the Colorado on his way to Oregon
Love, scriver~

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #159511 on: March 20, 2022, 12:37:28 am »

Went to the store today and saw a $1700 dollar laptop with a integrated graphics card. I know that graphics cards are expensive right now, but seriously?
Ugh, you really get ripped off if you don't know what goes into a good computer. (And yes, obviously many people have use cases that don't need a good graphics card, but if you are shelling out 1700 bucks for a computer a proper one should be included in that price point anyways).

Also, you know the word gaol, which is obviously pronounced gaol and means a prison? Well, no, as I learned today thanks to a character in Elden ring its just flat out pronounced the same as the word jail because they are actually the same word except gaol is british.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159512 on: March 20, 2022, 01:49:41 am »

The new integrated cards are actually pretty good. I have one in my new laptop.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159513 on: March 20, 2022, 03:52:23 am »

Well, a good laptop should have BOTH an integrated graphics card and a more advanced graphics card.  Sometimes computer games don't like the more advanced graphics cards.  But yeah, just an integrated graphics card sounds like some manufacturer is trying to scam some customers.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #159514 on: March 20, 2022, 04:30:21 am »

Well, a good laptop should have BOTH an integrated graphics card and a more advanced graphics card.  Sometimes computer games don't like the more advanced graphics cards.  But yeah, just an integrated graphics card sounds like some manufacturer is trying to scam some customers.
Uh, no?

A laptop is for more things than gaming (let alone 3d gaming). To boot, very portable laptops (ultrabooks) are specially pricey, and seldom have nonintegrated graphics cards. Those that do tend to be pricier and somewhat heavier (not a lot these days, it used to be a whole fucking lot). So, not a scam.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159515 on: March 20, 2022, 05:04:56 am »

Also, you know the word gaol, which is obviously pronounced gaol and means a prison? Well, no, as I learned today thanks to a character in Elden ring its just flat out pronounced the same as the word jail because they are actually the same word except gaol is british.

I learned this years ago from American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns, which is set in the late 19th century.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159516 on: March 20, 2022, 07:25:08 am »

A laptop at that price is a ripoff for other things than not having a dedicated video card, but that would be one of them sure, unless it has other perks that justify the price.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159517 on: March 20, 2022, 04:06:47 pm »

G is often pronounced J

Except in the case of gif, in which it is very much pronounced G
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #159518 on: March 20, 2022, 05:01:28 pm »

i pronounce "gif" like "jif" because it immediately looked like "gib", a word I was already familiar with, which is pronounced the same as "jib", as it's short for "giblet", which is, in fact, pronounced "jiblet"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159519 on: March 20, 2022, 06:06:57 pm »

You know, I just wondered today, why is "It is" abbreviated to "It's" but "Is it" not abbreviated to "is't"?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #159520 on: March 20, 2022, 06:21:29 pm »

It's though if your names Gavin Free, id'n't
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159521 on: March 20, 2022, 06:21:42 pm »

I don't think that people generally drop the i in 'is it' while they do in 'it is'. So it's just written the way that people speak it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159522 on: March 20, 2022, 06:43:09 pm »

Ill settle for people learning when to throw the apostrophe into it's wordage
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159523 on: March 20, 2022, 08:09:28 pm »

i pronounce "gif" like "jif" because it immediately looked like "gib", a word I was already familiar with, which is pronounced the same as "jib", as it's short for "giblet", which is, in fact, pronounced "jiblet"
Except when it isn't :P

I've heard giblet pronounced like it's spelled plenty often. Similarly most of the time I've heard gib pronounced, it's not been the jib (which is unsurprising, considering the harder sound fits the action much better).

... also jib is an entire different word, so.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #159524 on: March 20, 2022, 08:50:08 pm »

it wouldn't be right if they were joopy jrotesque junky jross giblets, now would it?

I like the cut of your gib, Frumple.
Pages: 1 ... 10633 10634 [10635] 10636 10637 ... 11039