Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10389 10390 [10391] 10392 10393 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14555547 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155850 on: February 20, 2021, 06:41:17 pm »

hahaha what

I can get a reprint of the full cyber samurai mini-series thing in through the state ILL.* Frumple has found something to spend a dollar on!

*For anyone curious and in florida, give a search for FLIN SHAREit; forth quarter 2020 or thereabouts florida finished rolling out a state-wide ILL service after mostly dropping OCLC a couple years ago, and it's searchable by the public, so if you have a local participating library (and maybe even if they're not; there's other ILL methods operating in FL, too) and you're after something specific it doesn't have, well. You can see if it's somewhere else in the state that's sharing!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155851 on: February 20, 2021, 06:44:03 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:41:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155852 on: February 20, 2021, 06:44:56 pm »

My wife hit a tree at 55mph (88.5kph). Tree parts came through the windshield, which shattered. Car had to be hauled off for maybe repairs, maybe junk.

She is utterly unscathed. Came inside the front door and was like yo I hit a tree, we got any tacos left over? Minor sprains from when she tensed up and got jostled about by the whole-ass tree she destroyed. Possibility that wife is some kind of x-man (x..... woo-man?) under investigation.

Cannot believe how lucky we are. Today I'm thanking God for keeping my wife with us.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155853 on: February 20, 2021, 06:47:10 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:41:26 pm by dragdeler »
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155854 on: February 20, 2021, 06:49:04 pm »

NEW REPLY POSTED WHILE TYPING INTERRUPT:  wow Dunamisdeos - glad to hear that only the plant and machinery appear to be damaged.  Vehicle collisions are seriously stressful.

RETURN FROM INTERRUPT:

Hey now, the "WTF" is because that was my response after that combo... ;D

More on immediate topic, I agree that "nice" and "charitable" are on orthogonal axes.  I would state the difference as that "nice" is akin to "pleasant to be around" while "kind / charitable / etc." are "does things for the benefit of other people without any expectation of return."
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155855 on: February 20, 2021, 06:53:26 pm »

My wife hit a tree at 55mph (88.5kph). Tree parts came through the windshield, which shattered. Car had to be hauled off for maybe repairs, maybe junk.

She is utterly unscathed. Came inside the front door and was like yo I hit a tree, we got any tacos left over? Minor sprains from when she tensed up and got jostled about by the whole-ass tree she destroyed. Possibility that wife is some kind of x-man (x..... woo-man?) under investigation.

Cannot believe how lucky we are. Today I'm thanking God for keeping my wife with us.

I'm pretty certain that is how Unbreakable begins, isn't it?

Aren't generosity and charitability just subsets of niceness though?

Some people have already said it but I will add -- think of it like this way, it's perfectly possible to imagine a person being really fucking not nice and still giving that guy on the bus the cash to get home. It's very nice to be generous, but you don't have to be nice to be a generous person

And the million-dollar question is: do I come off as an asshole on here?

Lol no, sometimes you're so nice it makes me mad
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #155856 on: February 20, 2021, 06:58:22 pm »

If I even understood half of what you said: public library overrides copyright? That is actually brilliant.
Nah. Or well, not exactly. They do have a lot more leeway on some fronts when it comes to copyright, but it's not an override or anything. ILL is just an inter-library loan, one library shipping an item to another. The shareit thing is just a statewide platform so that basically any library in the state has an easy way to request items from any other library in the state. The lending library (usually!) won't like make a copy of the item or nothing, just ship what they have (either through purchase or someone donating it) on over, generally without a shipping fee or nothin' (at least between the libraries -- the patron might have charges to cover processing and potential damage and whatnot). It's super convenient sometimes, if often pretty slow.

... any case, via darkest of library worker magicks, the request has been submitted and the miniseries collection will hopefully show up in a week or two :V

And, uh, yeah, congrats on your wife not dying in a mangled wreck of hurtling steel, dun. That's... something. Good isn't quite the right word because "good" would have been not wrecking at all, but something similar in intent!
Ask not!
Ask!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155857 on: February 20, 2021, 07:03:18 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:41:15 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155858 on: February 20, 2021, 08:21:11 pm »

@drag
We DID have tacos left over! Silver Lining!

@scriver
True! Technically it's also how the first x-men movie starts, with wolverine and his truck. I'd like my wife with a side of [Immortal Antihero] please.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #155859 on: February 20, 2021, 08:24:25 pm »

I mean, just remember the Immortal Antihero package also comes with giant sideburns and lumberjack tier chest hair.
Ask not!
Ask!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155860 on: February 20, 2021, 09:04:55 pm »

I mean, just remember the Immortal Antihero package also comes with giant sideburns and lumberjack tier chest hair.

... my body is prepared
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155861 on: February 20, 2021, 09:12:55 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:41:02 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155862 on: February 21, 2021, 03:25:23 am »

I have a friend who at one point indicated that, were money not a concern, he'd like to conduct something of a social experiment by investing heavily in setting up free housing centers for the homeless.

When the public cheers his name and asks what spurred this outburst of charity, he would respond "I didn't like having to see them whenever I was out and about".

Basically just to see how people would respond to a good act done for very wrong reasons.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155863 on: February 21, 2021, 04:42:18 am »

Basically just to see how people would respond to a good act done for very wrong reasons.
I do not know how most people would react, but I can see how not wanting to see homeless people would lead one to set up housing for them. However, I do not like that this friend would be lying about it. He would have actually have done it to test public reaction about it.

And "I wanted to see how public would react to me giving a wrong reason for it" is an even worse reason.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155864 on: February 21, 2021, 05:20:18 am »

I do not know how most people would react, but I can see how not wanting to see homeless people would lead one to set up housing for them. However, I do not like that this friend would be lying about it. He would have actually have done it to test public reaction about it.

And "I wanted to see how public would react to me giving a wrong reason for it" is an even worse reason.
Why, what's wrong about it?
Pages: 1 ... 10389 10390 [10391] 10392 10393 ... 11039