Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10133 10134 [10135] 10136 10137 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14551086 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152010 on: June 20, 2020, 04:55:02 pm »

Don't forget how communism destroys cultures. In my country, for example, they outlawed surnames.
Reading about how much damage communism did to Mongol and Chinese culture makes me throat sing in ire

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152011 on: June 20, 2020, 05:05:29 pm »

Oh, How inconsiderate of me!  The Fun Guys of Color have already figured out how to use the amazing properties of melanin to convert high energy ionizing radiation into nutritious biomass.

This stuff is why i hang around these forums.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152012 on: June 21, 2020, 04:54:45 am »

Well by then they'll have organisms that can photosynthesize from the fallout radiation.
Does black fungus count?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus

If so, it already exists.

That... would solve the problem too, yes.
We just have to make sure that only the radiation can reach our farms, not the radioactive isotopes themselves. We would not want our food to be radioactive too.

From what I read, this fungus utilises gamma rays. Thus a thin aluminium plate (I suggest 0.5mm thick) between it and the source of the radiation should not stop them from photosynthesising, but should protect them from being contaminated with radioactive nuclei.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152013 on: June 21, 2020, 08:47:50 am »

Soo... Seeing the recent Oglaf, I googled the term to see some examples, and this video turned up.

(Technically safe for work, but could result in curious looks.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Uk4REyvW0&list=PLx_dYYrmzxWEcj8YkVsRv3GNExDyEjORq

The thought occurs to me though, since I do crochet work...  It could be possible to produce an actual tight-fitting dress bodice with this, using "Barely taught" elastic paracord, and then using that as a scaffold on the mannequin to construct the bodice using crochet and a nice cotton yarn, such as tatting thread. (I would omit the "happy knot" as it serves no purpose other than as a sexual titillation device.)

If combined with normal crochet in this fashion (with loose 'barely taught' elastic cording), this ropework understructure could become completely invisible, and instead serve as little more than a substructure to give the garment shape when worn. 

I find this idea strangely compelling, but WTF because it is totally a bondage thing. LOL.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152014 on: June 21, 2020, 09:09:35 am »

Wait.... you do crochet?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152015 on: June 21, 2020, 09:10:43 am »

Yes I do, why?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152016 on: June 21, 2020, 09:22:38 am »

Manly men only play with swords. Crocheting is for girls. Jeez, don't you know anything?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152017 on: June 21, 2020, 09:31:48 am »

I am asexual male, and own this identity fully.  I do not require some outside mandate to dictate what I should or should not do, should or should not enjoy, or how I should or should not behave.

"Manly man-ism" is unhealthy.  It exists solely as an outmoded and mentally toxic hanger-on that promotes neurotic mental hangups in men, and should be discarded with the rest of a person's shit.

I am able to appreciate how this structure can accentuate a female form, without being sexually titillated by it.  I can see how it could be of potential practical value as a part of garment construction for that purpose, since this kind of structure could be used to simultaneously shape, and still conform with a woman's natural curvature. The double rope stranding in the back could be used to anchor a rear zipper (One strand down each side of the zipper, anchored down with some simple anchor stitches), for easy "Onesie" construction.   Just climb in through the back, then zip it up.  Combination dress bodice and shaping girdle, all in one.  Some modifications to how the ropes move from front to back could eliminate the crossovers in the back completely, allowing this to be perfectly accommodating to such a product.

Rather than being titillated by this video, I have thoughts like the above.  It could be combined with wide satin ribbon and bunting to create a very aesthetically provocative gown, without being unchaste. 

That these ideas are the product of a bondage demonstration video, for a UK sex shop, is the WTF.  Not that a dude could harbor thoughts on practical dress manufacture. Jeeze people, what is wrong with you?

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #152018 on: June 21, 2020, 09:54:04 am »

I see the discussion on communism has already ended... but honestly their ideal society seems completely alien to me. It's part of the reason I don't want communism. I just dislike radical change (except when it's highly for the better) in general and unfamiliar environments like that would cause me great distress.

And about crocheting... I never tried it, really.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 09:56:38 am by TheSteppeWolf »
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #152019 on: June 21, 2020, 09:54:24 am »

As a manly man, all my crocheting is crotcheting. That's why I'm so irritable all the time
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152020 on: June 21, 2020, 09:56:37 am »

LOL

That is quite funny. I approve.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152021 on: June 21, 2020, 10:21:16 am »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152022 on: June 21, 2020, 10:28:15 am »

I see the discussion on communism has already ended... but honestly their ideal society seems completely alien to me. It's part of the reason I don't want communism. I just dislike radical change (except when it's highly for the better) in general and unfamiliar environments like that would cause me great distress.

That's thing that's missing for me. Hardly any of them outline, at all, what their ideal society would even look like. It's just phrased as a negative: capitalism bad so therefore have <my system> without even outlining any details. It's also a false dichotomy. Let me explain. I'm fond of anarcho-syndicalism so an exchange with me could go like this:

Them: "capitalism is out of control"
Me: "that's why we should all become anarcho-syndicalists"
Them: "what about racism?"
Me: "anarcho-syndicalism would fix that"
Them: "...sexism?"
Me: "anarcho-syndicalism would instantly fix that"
Them: "noisy people on the bus?"
Me: "wouldn't happen in the first place if we had anarcho-syndicalism"
Them: "I'm still not sure that anarcho-syndicalism is the right way to go ..."
Me: "OMG you're one of them, you reactionary fascist"

EDIT: Point being a lot of the people who are the most hardline anout push specific systems generally only deal with negatives, i.e. they see problems but rather than having specific policies to deal with those, they always go straight to "my ideal system would fix those like magic". If you asked them to outline in detail what their system would be like to live and work in, most of them couldn't give you a straight answer.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:31:34 am by Reelya »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #152023 on: June 21, 2020, 10:29:44 am »

Do we then get to see the violence inherent in the system?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152024 on: June 21, 2020, 10:31:32 am »

That's a study you can apparently do, and get paid for it. With commentary.
it sucks that people think autistic people can’t feel emotion/empathize. One of my IEPs mentioned me lacking empathy. Why would people think autists lack empathy?
Pages: 1 ... 10133 10134 [10135] 10136 10137 ... 11038