Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10132 10133 [10134] 10135 10136 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14549131 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151995 on: June 20, 2020, 12:29:48 pm »

"Quickly invaded" isn't exactly the fault of the government there, though? The only way it could be the fault of the government there is if the government was already dysfunctional in other ways that made an invasion appealing to someone else.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151996 on: June 20, 2020, 12:33:45 pm »

Im back! Well, to charge the phone and expect the next (un)programed black out. Its really incredible how much change and abuse can people tolerate with a meager 20 years conditioning.

On the wtf of the day, my eyes almost erupt into fire after going out in the most brigth sun I ever have seen. Oddly considering yesterday was a heavy rainy day and theres a lot of clouds in the horizon.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 12:38:30 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151997 on: June 20, 2020, 12:47:05 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:50:28 am by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151998 on: June 20, 2020, 12:52:28 pm »

We should make a Bay12 junta to rule the world. We migth end up sucking at it but imagine the stack pumps. On the plus side all year round underground farming would be nice.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 12:54:59 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151999 on: June 20, 2020, 12:59:55 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:50:47 am by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152000 on: June 20, 2020, 01:08:12 pm »

So, considering real life is not DF, I’m thinking Legends Mide would be a designated area where all history documents, statues, and servers with digital historic records are kept. Also, we’d need artificial UV lighting for the plants underground, either thst or we could farm parasitic plants that don’t photosynthesize, though they’d need animal hosts, so when the hosts end up dying, that’s when we’d butcher the carcasses and transfer the plants to new, living hosts. Of course, humans won’t be the hosts, we will have to use animals that naturally live underground, such as moles, worms, etc. If we end up not going to the surface at all, probably due to nuclear winter, we‘ll need to have underground variants of the surface animals, such as not needing vitamin D, grazing on the parasitic plants mentioned earlier...such a project will need to be started before the nuclear winter. Why do I think nuclear winter might happen? The fact thst the nations with the most nukes right now happen to be the most war happy

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152001 on: June 20, 2020, 01:14:05 pm »

Its not the first time you have thougth of all that right

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152002 on: June 20, 2020, 01:43:54 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:50:33 am by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152003 on: June 20, 2020, 02:01:50 pm »

Its not the first time you have thougth of all that right
nope, I think about nuclear winter more time than not, the underground parasitic plants thing was a new thought, but the possibility of parasitic plants using animals as hosts was a thing I wondered about

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152004 on: June 20, 2020, 02:13:55 pm »

Problem with parasitic plants is they do not convert inorganic energy to organic (light to sugar).
Since much organic enegy is used by both plants and animals, green plants are needed in every ecosystem. That, or synthetic means of creating sugars out of waste products.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152005 on: June 20, 2020, 02:23:20 pm »

Well by then they'll have organisms that can photosynthesize from the fallout radiation.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152006 on: June 20, 2020, 02:57:03 pm »

Does black fungus count?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus

If so, it already exists.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152007 on: June 20, 2020, 02:59:17 pm »

Or if we find a way to make us radiosynthesis....

But that most probably could work on very simple unicellular organisms, which in turn we eat in the form of gruel.

A closed underground loop is achieavble but very expensive.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #152008 on: June 20, 2020, 04:00:55 pm »

Does black fungus count?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus

If so, it already exists.
They prefer to be called fun guys of colour.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152009 on: June 20, 2020, 04:18:15 pm »

Oh, How inconsiderate of me!  The Fun Guys of Color have already figured out how to use the amazing properties of melanin to convert high energy ionizing radiation into nutritious biomass.
Pages: 1 ... 10132 10133 [10134] 10135 10136 ... 11038