Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11036 11037 [11038]

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14409118 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165555 on: Today at 12:58:39 pm »

It's also highly illegal to post pictures of offenders on a public place. Privacy laws are a thing.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #165556 on: Today at 01:02:56 pm »

Like... to push back on this one a bit, reporting I could find is saying there were a few hundred pagers sabotaged, but a few thousand people injured. Or in other words, that very good, mostly non-lethal action would have been inflicted predominately on just random people in the general vicinity of whoever was carrying one of those things.

That sounds a hell of a lot less like a very good action and more like a very literally indiscriminate attack on a primarily civilian population :-\
I have to correct you there. About 3000 beepers were distributed, and a similar number of people injured, of whom sadly a few were children / civilians. The vast majority of injured / killed were Hezbollah fighters. Very precise targeted strike with minimal collateral. Better ask yourself why parents would let their children safekeep their military communication device.

I am not gleeful for the blood shed. I am gleeful for the lives saved by this attack, and in admiration of the well executed security operation. A lot of those hurt or killed won't be lobbing dumbfire missiles (and high tech Iranian missiles) at random targets anytime soon.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:15:30 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #165557 on: Today at 02:20:32 pm »

I mean, based on the footage, I doubt they were letting their kids hold on to the devices for them. More likely is that they were caught in the blasts when they were detonated on their persons.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #165558 on: Today at 03:32:08 pm »

Yeah, coordinated detonations across civilian environments (markets, family homes, wherever else 'targets' happened to be) with no way to restrict the 'targeted' areas to military installations can't be honestly described with just the words "security operation" or "precisely targeted."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #165559 on: Today at 03:34:59 pm »

Hezbollah are also going to respond to this happening, so it’s probably not going to save many lives in the long run either.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 11036 11037 [11038]