Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9955 9956 [9957] 9958 9959 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547980 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149340 on: December 25, 2019, 09:32:47 am »

Again, I ain't Catholic, but I did think the whole point was to like, make a complex, symbolic ritual out of the process. Purell dispensers are effective and time saving but I'd probably not describe them as having an aura of reverence.

My church’s thing was a fancy little holder attached to a wall within which was a small saturated sponge you touched and blessed yourself.

Isn't that a little unhygienic? Or was there also a little Dawn Dish Soap along with that holy water?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149341 on: December 25, 2019, 09:37:13 am »

Maybe it's like the communion wine and holds a little alcohol. Add holy spirits to water, get fairly antiseptic grog.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #149342 on: December 25, 2019, 01:04:41 pm »

I've noticed that I have been spending less and less time browsing (let alone posting) in B12. And that saddens me a bit since this is a place in the internet that I can feel comfortable with and that I know I won't be attacked simply for existing.

The thing is, I don't want to leave this place. So I'm kind of in a bit of an emotional bind.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #149343 on: December 25, 2019, 01:16:32 pm »

I've noticed that I have been spending less and less time browsing (let alone posting) in B12. And that saddens me a bit since this is a place in the internet that I can feel comfortable with and that I know I won't be attacked simply for existing.

The thing is, I don't want to leave this place. So I'm kind of in a bit of an emotional bind.

I myself has begun to be more on Discord rather than B12. I still browse it every day, but nowadays, I'm pretty much here for an occasional forum game.

I don't think you have to leave this place permanently, but if there's one thing that I've always knew about B12, is that everyone here will be welcomed, new or old*, so if you disappear for too long, people here will always be glad to have you back.

In any case, I do hope you'll find a similarly comfy and welcoming place.

*Well, if you're not a spambot, that is.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 01:18:59 pm by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #149344 on: December 25, 2019, 02:09:42 pm »

Have you tried the forum games in the lower boards? There's a lot to see down there, it could give you more to keep the forum interesting.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149345 on: December 25, 2019, 02:10:58 pm »

We're all spambots here.
This entire forum is clearly just a gaggle of highly advanced AI trying to convince each other that they're actually human beings
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #149346 on: December 25, 2019, 03:05:26 pm »

Again, I ain't Catholic, but I did think the whole point was to like, make a complex, symbolic ritual out of the process. Purell dispensers are effective and time saving but I'd probably not describe them as having an aura of reverence.

My church’s thing was a fancy little holder attached to a wall within which was a small saturated sponge you touched and blessed yourself.

Isn't that a little unhygienic? Or was there also a little Dawn Dish Soap along with that holy water?

Maybe it's like the communion wine and holds a little alcohol. Add holy spirits to water, get fairly antiseptic grog.

Heathens! Don’t you know that it is physically impossible for holy water to contain contaminants of any kind?

If you don’t want us we don’t want you either.

T’be fair I tend to lurk for the most part, but it’s in the emotion threads and on the mafia forum. I sometimes go through the FGRP forum and then kick myself for missing the start of a game that sounds interesting.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #149347 on: December 25, 2019, 03:35:13 pm »

I feel like that is the direction of all old style forums.
Dammit, need to check if one of the xcom games is recruiting.
In a time before time, I had a name.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149348 on: December 25, 2019, 07:39:26 pm »

Yeah, involvement in something is the thing that gets you returning to the forums. Days were when I could spend hours on bay12 without playing a forum game or succession fort, reading any particular bit, or having a definite purpose... now I'm older, I'm less interested in every little thing on here. There's still nowhere I'd rather do RTD, mafia or DF-related stuff.
One wheel short of a wagon

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149349 on: December 25, 2019, 10:21:32 pm »

I bought 2 furnitures from Ikea yesterday.  Spent the day assembling them.  I have an extra wooded (dowel) after from each.  Like. wtf, did I miss a step in this minimalist picture instruction manual?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149350 on: December 26, 2019, 09:07:15 am »

I don't post much on the Bay12 forums these days, I feel, but I'm also a little weary of the Naxza moniker and the years of posts I have behind me under it. Little too much history, right? I've been here for some decade or so and I'm still not soured on the community, but maybe I do a little more for it in my next incarnation.

I've debated changing my email address to a temporary throwaway, setting my password to something I don't know and can't guess, and then just silently starting again. I'd pull a GreatOrder but I don't want to make the quote link shit show even worse.

Alternatively, I'm sort of surprised I haven't seen a dwarf make a SMF-equivalent of that Reddit script that edits all of your posts and then deletes them, obviously minus the delete bit.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 09:09:08 am by Mephisto »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149351 on: December 26, 2019, 09:34:21 am »

Okay I'm gonna ask, why do you guys want to delete your past posts, did ya say something embarrassing or are you guys wanting a fresh start?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149352 on: December 26, 2019, 09:44:35 am »

You've never had a long-running account from when you were a young-un? I've had this one for so long that it's experienced one forum migration and the "date registered" stat is no longer functional.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149353 on: December 26, 2019, 10:01:49 am »

Haven't had it quite that long, but it's still been twelve years or so. Not even a little urge to change names or whatev', though. Hell, I think I've had the same signature longer than a fair few of my family members have been alive...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149354 on: December 26, 2019, 10:02:31 am »

I don't post much on the Bay12 forums these days, I feel, but I'm also a little weary of the Naxza moniker and the years of posts I have behind me under it. Little too much history, right? I've been here for some decade or so and I'm still not soured on the community, but maybe I do a little more for it in my next incarnation.

Honestly, you can change your name and/or picture, and nobody would know who you are.
Pages: 1 ... 9955 9956 [9957] 9958 9959 ... 11038