Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9957 9958 [9959] 9960 9961 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14546818 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149370 on: December 27, 2019, 09:11:50 am »

Perhaps you'd be better off ordering through Butterfingers Express, or maybe even Delivertigo. They both do a great favor to the community hiring all the sufferers of impaired balance and chronically poor hand-eye coordination.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149371 on: December 27, 2019, 09:37:49 am »

The package was heavy, remember?  This was probably a case of

Me STRONG MAN!  Me liftum Packuge!!

Oh no! Packuge too heavy!  Packuge hit ground hard! Make bad rattle!

Me puttum down package and hope no-one notice!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149372 on: December 27, 2019, 09:44:58 am »

Sounds kind of like what UPS did with a package my mom got that was marked "keep refrigerated", that they left tied to the gate, in the sun, on a day that it was 100o out side, and then they acted like they didn't do it. UPS workers are the biggest bunch of idiots.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #149373 on: December 27, 2019, 04:39:22 pm »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149374 on: December 27, 2019, 05:11:32 pm »

Sounds kind of like what UPS did with a package my mom got that was marked "keep refrigerated", that they left tied to the gate, in the sun, on a day that it was 100o out side, and then they acted like they didn't do it. UPS workers are the biggest bunch of idiots.
They're generally under a fair amount of stress and general abuse, from what I understand. The freight et al industry is kinda' fucked up at the moment, which, y'know, has its problems.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149375 on: December 28, 2019, 05:40:57 am »

They're generally under a fair amount of stress and general abuse, from what I understand. The freight et al industry is kinda' fucked up at the moment, which, y'know, has its problems.
My mom talked to the guy one day and he was a dick, also none of that is an excuse to put the packages in the trash.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149376 on: December 28, 2019, 07:02:06 am »

Emotions are not reasonable nor rational.  When people are stressed, they lash out inappropriately.  This can take many forms, including being abusive to customers.

It does not mean the person is simply "A dick".  It means that they are behaving like a dick, to people who are perceived to be related to the source of their stress.

The real source of the stress is the management of the package delivery company, making ever more absurd demands of delivery personnel, in tight holiday timeschedules, forcing them to give up their holiday while "these people insist on having shit delivered more and more. "

It is still ultimately the management that is at fault;  Customers will make utility of any offering provided to them.  That is the nature of customer interaction.  Most customers do not contemplate whether or not something SHOULD be possible, or what the consequences of that service being available actually are.  This is in part, due to the actions of the management behind those service, who WANT the customers to feel comfortable using (and abusing) them, because that is how they get market share, and make money. 

The ones being self-serving, money minded, and shamelessly psychopathic dill-holes are management; not the end customers.  However, management is untouchable.  The customers however?  You can fuck with them, by abusing and mistreating their packages. (with the thought that maybe, "if enough packages are ruined in the holidays, maybe they will stop having everything fucking shipped then, Hmm?")

Its a curious thing--- You squeeze that last little bit of humanity out of people, and they stop acting with human dignity or decorum.  What an amazing concept. /s

The "solution", as far as the management of these delivery companies is concerned though, is divided between "We'll replace them all with robots", and or "We will fire them when they finally turn into ravenous blood thirsty murderers-to-be, by abusing our unfair market position thanks to At-Will employment laws."

Really, you should not have packages delivered during holidays unless you absolutely have to.  In my case, the package was international, and *FUCKING SAT IN CUSTOMS FOR A MONTH*, and it happening to get shipped during christmas was not my doing nor my intent; I would not have done that knowingly. These days though, rather than go actually shopping earlier in the year and then hiding presents (like used to happen) people get everything from Amazon and pals like, the day before christmas, then wrap everything in a hurry.  This has real consequences on the people who already suffer in the package mines of mordor--- er... Amazon warehouses.

So, I get it that package handlers are burnt-out, and tired.  Where I disagree is with destroying or mistreating packages; The correct course of action is lighting torches and brandishing pitch-forks at your legislature, so that they fucking fix the unfair circumstances at work in the employment front, and working conditions improve.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149377 on: December 28, 2019, 07:40:55 am »

Here I am at work pulling a double after getting home at 11PM last night because of precisely that kind of thing.

Also if it's one of those meal plan services like Blue Apron that got left tied to a door, we are generally required by the company that sells em to find a way to leave them regardless of circumstance, because we can't deliver them past a day. Some of them technically package the things with enough dry ice or whatever it is to last an extra 24 hours, but they are suuuuuper leery of actually doing that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #149378 on: December 28, 2019, 03:26:48 pm »

I think I might need to stop drinking alcohol altogether. I always drink with moderation, but I never feel particularly free of inhibitions and I always get a headache even before the night is over. I hear some people get headaches from red wine, but I get it regardless of the drink and regardless of if I know it's alcoholic.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149379 on: December 29, 2019, 04:06:57 pm »

Some security camera company had a data breach.  For some reason the data that was leaked included height, weight, and gender of the customers.

WTF does a security camera company need height, weight, or gender of its customers?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149380 on: December 29, 2019, 04:35:54 pm »

A physical description of the person who uses and frequently crosses the LoS of camera sounds. . . useful
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149381 on: December 29, 2019, 06:16:25 pm »

Pressure plate to activate cage trap by weight.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149382 on: December 30, 2019, 02:17:54 pm »

Pressure plate to activate cage trap by weight.

You don't even need to feed em in there.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149383 on: December 30, 2019, 06:38:36 pm »

Off the road a bit on the way home, some dude on what looked like a bicycle that was absolutely pouring smoke everywhere, seemingly right out the seat. No screaming and they looked more confused than troubled, but... still. Goodness gracious.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #149384 on: December 30, 2019, 07:19:40 pm »

So I had to fill a prescription today.
I went to pharmacy A, but they said they didn't take the insurance, but pharmacy B did.
Then the folks at A said that I had to go to B and have them call A and have them fax the info
So I walk to B, and B says that whenever B calls A, they get put on indefinite hold and pretty much refused to call so they told me to go back to A and request that they fax the info to B
So I walk back to A and had to explain that B refused to call and things are just ridiculous.
Eventually A claims that they faxed the info to B.
I return to B and there's nothing there, so they tell me that they'll text me when its filled.
That was hours ago
no text.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 9957 9958 [9959] 9960 9961 ... 11038