Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9443 9444 [9445] 9446 9447 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14530370 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141660 on: January 10, 2019, 06:06:20 am »

Ghana goes full Orktech
I mean, it's equally hillarious, so it should prolly go into the laffs thread
Behold, the mighty iron fist of the imperium, the space marine!

There's more but it isn't nearly as hillarious, mostly kinda sad that people are able to pass such utter insanity for competence :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141661 on: January 10, 2019, 06:10:53 am »

Ghana goes full Orktech
I mean, it's equally hillarious, so it should prolly go into the laffs thread
Behold, the mighty iron fist of the imperium, the space marine!

There's more but it isn't nearly as hillarious, mostly kinda sad that people are able to pass such utter insanity for competence :V
It's a publicity stunt for a Ghana carmaker I think.

Given that you reposted it I think it worked
Edit: then again the owner of said company IS pretty crazy
http://africarm.org/publications/apostle-safo/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:14:26 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #141662 on: January 10, 2019, 06:17:53 am »

As far as I can tell it's 100% serious (owing to him being utterly batshit), it's just fascinating that he's taking everyone else for a ride too. Tho I guess without much education in the requisite fields it's kinda hard to call someone like that on their bullshit.

Edit:

As someone else said, this whole thing reeks of a cargo cult but on a much larger and more advanced scale.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:23:12 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141663 on: January 10, 2019, 06:28:17 am »

Damn, I don't even know what to say about that. The fireworks, man!

And I don't even want to think about how hot it is in that "power armor". Also, 65kg by itself with no actual kit? Yeah, that can fuck right off. I also love how the one "hydraulics" hose just came loose and was dangling around in that first video.

But the dude carving his own circuit board? That was actually pretty neat.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141664 on: January 10, 2019, 06:31:14 am »

Reminds me of a video I watched recently about some third-world nation's attempts at aviation research.
You had to hand it to 'em, they really put their hearts into it... but in the end you had this entertainingly bizarre variety of makeshift contraptions that rarely made it off the ground, and if they did, only briefly. Everyone seemed to be having fun, though!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141665 on: January 10, 2019, 09:23:55 am »

It's going to be one of those days...

Customer wants a proposal tomorrow. They sent us updated requirements at 1am this morning.

Crews are chopping off the tops of my trees along the right of way on my property - I guess when they chopped the tops off 2 years ago they didn't get enough?

Car dealer quoted me $1300 to replace my front shocks.  I mean, I know dealers are on the expensive side, but when they quote literally 4x the price for the parts alone to what I can buy online... non-dealer shop it is!
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141666 on: January 10, 2019, 03:24:13 pm »

I have two days operating at full speed doing some work moving construction materials with just a meager breakfast on my stomach, both days.

I still stand that I'm becoming Super Hunger or some shit.

Also the prices of everything have doubled, tripled or evene increased fourth or five times from Monday to today, and it's not even Friday. A very shitty week indeed.

On the nice side water service is steady now, and might have our fridge fully operational back next week.

The true wtf is the rumours that the internet service is going to have a price adjustment of the +25000%, if that's so, I will depend only of the cellular plan to reach the internet
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:27:58 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141667 on: January 10, 2019, 05:21:55 pm »

And here I was just getting annoyed that my trash service is only 13% more expensive than it was a year ago...  :o
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141668 on: January 10, 2019, 06:37:28 pm »

I plugged in our new propane tank and the valve leaks like a fucking sieve. Fuck.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141669 on: January 10, 2019, 07:52:37 pm »

Fucking shit Hans, is that in a vented area? Close that crap and remove the tank from there. Get a qualified personnel to change the valve.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141670 on: January 10, 2019, 11:41:58 pm »

Thanks for all the help with the computer guys!  It did stay off just fine last night, which is good.  But the replacement power supply arrived today so I would be able to shut down the pc properly again after replacement.

I went into the computer to replace it....and found the main motherboard power rail was loose.  It starts up and shuts down fine now.  Though oddly my tools still say 12v is underpowered, but I'll post that oddity in the computer help thread.  I'll hold onto the replacement supply until I'm absolutely sure it's running fine.

Though for not noticing the power rail was loose to the motherboard on a lit up clear case PC for over a month, I feel I need to turn in my computer nerd licence. Do I take it to the DMV or do I have to find a Radio Shack?

P.S. And yes Hans if you have not already get a professional gas person to fix that, that is completely unsafe and is enough to condemn the house if an inspector sees it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141671 on: January 11, 2019, 05:20:03 am »

Back in RDR2, I was trying to think about how you could even go about avoiding mass murder, as the game kinda forces it on you either specifically ("kill the rest of the enemies" objective in a mission) or implicitly ("we put you in a rough spot because the wanted mechanics are borked, and you have no chance of running from these enemies"). But then I thought "well, I suppose you could just be awesome and disarm them all", but as it turns out... no, no you can't.

I thought I was just completely misunderstanding how disarming worked and that I was shooting the wrong spot on their arm... you can tag their guns specifically in deadeye mode, but that just caused the bullet to ricochet off their weapon while they maintain their grip.

Turns out you simply cannot disarm certain enemies, such as: lawmen, certain mission enemies, anyone riding a horse.

So really, don't even try to rob people out on the country roads... If they pull a gun on you the only thing you can do is kill them, since they can't be disarmed, outside of switching to your lasso and pulling them down off the horse. And threatening someone to rob them, having them pull a gun on you and you defending yourself will cause more honor loss than just wasting them from a distance and looting the corpse.

Dammit game, I *want* to like you!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, all of the shopkeepers in one town are now heavily bandaged and are all furious with me. I've never touched any of them, either with hands or with bullets.

There was a plot mission shootout in that town just before this happened though, but all the enemies were a specific faction of plot enemies, not the townsfolk. If the game somehow screwed up and flagged those mission mooks (or at least their bodies) as the town's actual populace, I will be irritated.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141672 on: January 11, 2019, 05:35:06 am »

Do I take it to the DMV or do I have to find a Radio Shack?

Don't worry, if you can actually find a Radio Shack, you're qualified to still hold onto your nerd license.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141673 on: January 11, 2019, 06:06:26 am »

I'm sorry, I can't help but to read R2D2 and think about a rolling astromech abusing its moral system in the wild west every time you post about it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141674 on: January 11, 2019, 06:13:10 am »

I'm sorry, I can't help but to read R2D2 and think about a rolling astromech abusing its moral system in the wild west every time you post about it.
Great, now I won't be able to shake that mental image, either. He's got a li'l stetson on and everything!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9443 9444 [9445] 9446 9447 ... 11037