Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9442 9443 [9444] 9445 9446 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14531835 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141645 on: January 09, 2019, 07:06:29 pm »

The BIOS can enable the lan cards to wake up the pc too.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #141646 on: January 09, 2019, 07:21:11 pm »

With your credit history you qualify for a pre-approved credit card with a low monthly interest for the first 6 months!  Press 1 to be connected to an operator and any other button to be connected to an operator.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141647 on: January 09, 2019, 07:31:04 pm »

At least is not from maizefence? Those are the worst.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #141648 on: January 09, 2019, 07:46:50 pm »

Probably a spoofed number.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141649 on: January 09, 2019, 08:04:00 pm »

I've no idea who it was. It wasn't a number I recognised so I never picked up, just checked the area code and it was a Cornwallian one.
Cornwalling
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141650 on: January 09, 2019, 08:05:24 pm »

With your credit history you qualify for a pre-approved credit card with a low monthly interest for the first 6 months!  Press 1 to be connected to an operator and any other button to be connected to an operator.

Please press "End Call" to be connected to an operator.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141651 on: January 09, 2019, 08:43:05 pm »

The hot tap on the water "cooler" at my employment agency has been out of order all year.
How tf they expect me to operate at even my usual levels of dysfunctionality without the amount of black coffee I normally guzzle down to get me through these seemingly endless, soul-crushing, entirely pointless appointments?! :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141652 on: January 09, 2019, 09:00:14 pm »

Perhaps you can magic into existence the spare "cold-brew tea" my mom has, constantly, available from the cooler behind the driver seat.
like wtf it's always there
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #141653 on: January 09, 2019, 09:22:45 pm »

Every night you have to make it.  Every night I pack my gym bag into my car, and prep a lunch bag, full of fruit if I'm not eating a lunch or a lunch if I am.

Its so bad that days I don't do this I forget and rely upon it anyway.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141654 on: January 09, 2019, 09:36:06 pm »

"Magic" is simple rituals.  Especially so when people are surprised.  Oh, a refreshing drink!  Oh, my baby's alive!  Oh, the swelling went down!

Oh, the Spanish Inquisition!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141655 on: January 09, 2019, 09:50:47 pm »

*reaches behind your ear and grabs a mason jar of cold-brew*
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141656 on: January 09, 2019, 10:46:05 pm »

Weeks later, and passing through the streets I'll still get people saying "We don't need your kind of trouble around here!", "Haven't you caused enough harm?", "Just stay away from me", but nobody mentions "Oh hey, there's the fellow who saved my cousin from certain death TWICE, donated the equivalent of $1500 to a homeless shelter, has cuddled half the dogs in the entire city, and also freed that one officer when he was about to be executed as a political prisoner".
No matter what goods you do, you need fuck but one goat to forever be first and foremost a goatfucker. The principle apparently applies.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141657 on: January 09, 2019, 10:58:28 pm »

But if they needed wifi they could just steal the neibors.  That house has been abandoned for like 6 months now ever since the owner died, but apparently someone is still paying the power and internet bill.  I'm surprised their wifi router is still running.

Nah, that’s the ghost’s house now. He crashes over at your house when he gets lonely.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141658 on: January 09, 2019, 11:13:21 pm »

*reaches behind your ear and grabs a mason jar of cold-brew*
I cry "Mother" :P
She/they

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #141659 on: January 10, 2019, 05:44:09 am »

I typically put my computer to sleep instead of fully shutting it down these days what with the funky power supply.  The computer is near my bed due to a lack of living space (not that I usually mind cuz it's less to clean).  Lately the computer has been waking itself from sleep mode in the middle of the night and the screen turning on has been waking me up.  I have no idea what's been waking it from sleep mode, because literally nothing but the power button should be able to do that.

The computer is like a partner that wakes up in the bed in the middle of the night and then asks you if you are up too until they wake you up.  "Hey honey, I'm up, are you up?".
I had the same issue once, and was able to fix it with help from the command prompt.

For Windows 10, however, it looks like the fix could be a bit more complicated.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 9442 9443 [9444] 9445 9446 ... 11037