Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9441 9442 [9443] 9444 9445 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14531758 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141630 on: January 09, 2019, 12:48:48 pm »

The little text on the lock screen for my computer today read "People with ALS are sharing their data in an extraordinary effort to end this disease."

Yes, Microsoft.  Its so noble when people share their data, isn't it?  Truly worthy of celebration.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141631 on: January 09, 2019, 03:52:31 pm »

Playing RDR2, saw a little questionmark in camp and decided to check it out. Sat down to have a proper little conversation with Tilly, which is nice because she's been kinda occupied with being the dominoes game starter rather than someone I can talk to lately.

Then Arthur comes out with this nonsense:

"I've just, lately I've been going on these killing sprees, murdering people... I can't help myself, I just start killing folks."

No, Arthur, that's a lie. It's naughty to tell lies. You haven't been "going on killing sprees" you dumbass, you've been defending yourself against the hundreds of blockheaded bounty hunters who keep shooting and stabbing you and trying to kill you, along with every other idiot who starts trying to give you your daily lead supplement because they decided you were blocking the light on the patch of dirt they happened to be looking at. You're not running into town and coldly murdering a bunch of innocent bystanders, you've been returning fire at the asswads who are hellbent on throwing bullets at your damn fashionable hat. Don't even think about giving me shit about what an evil homicidal maniac you are.

You've saved two people from torture and death at the hands of their demented captors, gave life-saving aid to a fatally ill man on the side of the road, and stopped two thugs from raping a woman. And that's just from earlier today.

Listen, this game's great, but you get so much completely unwarranted bullshit thrown at you that it's insane. One thing is trying to be a good samaritan and bring the body of a poor sap who got mauled by wolves back home so he could be buried, and instead immediately getting charged with murder in the first degree because you were seen next to a dead person... Another thing is losing "honor points" because you didn't see or hear the thing that was happening way off over the other hill and therefore were complacent in whatever travesty happened there... But fuck trying to give me a narrative about me being a senseless killer who delights in ending lives, rather than the poor sap who is just trying desperately to get through a day without being shot, stabbed, bitten, or strangled.

EDIT: While we're on the subject of WTF, how the fuck does a horse manage to step on and kill a crow mid-flight? This thing just has an aura of death around it, which would explain why that entire village started shooting at me after one of their goats kamikaze-rammed into the side of my horse and triggered the aura effect.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141632 on: January 09, 2019, 04:01:47 pm »

I typically put my computer to sleep instead of fully shutting it down these days what with the funky power supply.  The computer is near my bed due to a lack of living space (not that I usually mind cuz it's less to clean).  Lately the computer has been waking itself from sleep mode in the middle of the night and the screen turning on has been waking me up.  I have no idea what's been waking it from sleep mode, because literally nothing but the power button should be able to do that.

The computer is like a partner that wakes up in the bed in the middle of the night and then asks you if you are up too until they wake you up.  "Hey honey, I'm up, are you up?".
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141633 on: January 09, 2019, 04:04:57 pm »

Dang. The moral system in RDR2 is a bit off eh?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141634 on: January 09, 2019, 04:06:37 pm »

It's haunted. The ghost wants your wifi password.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #141635 on: January 09, 2019, 04:06:59 pm »

I typically put my computer to sleep instead of fully shutting it down these days what with the funky power supply.  The computer is near my bed due to a lack of living space (not that I usually mind cuz it's less to clean).  Lately the computer has been waking itself from sleep mode in the middle of the night and the screen turning on has been waking me up.  I have no idea what's been waking it from sleep mode, because literally nothing but the power button should be able to do that.

The computer is like a partner that wakes up in the bed in the middle of the night and then asks you if you are up too until they wake you up.  "Hey honey, I'm up, are you up?".

Try unplugging the network cable before putting it to sleep.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141636 on: January 09, 2019, 04:16:31 pm »

Try unplugging the network cable before putting it to sleep.
The network adapters are all set to not be able to wake the computer in device manager.  But I'll give that a shot, Windows 10 likes to do a lot of crap I don't want it to do, I suppose it would not surprise me for it to be ignoring settings again.  And the back of the computer is in easy reach from the bed.

It's haunted. The ghost wants your wifi password.
The wifi password is written on a sticky note on the fridge.  But if they needed wifi they could just steal the neibors.  That house has been abandoned for like 6 months now ever since the owner died, but apparently someone is still paying the power and internet bill.  I'm surprised their wifi router is still running.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 04:27:08 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141637 on: January 09, 2019, 04:49:46 pm »

Dang. The moral system in RDR2 is a bit off eh?
A bit, aye. I've been a goody-goody the whole game (up until a certain psychological break I experienced after getting so damn fed up with the wanted system, which is its own entire post's worth of ranting), helping people and saving lives all over the place, but that's never what people remember.

People remember the time that fellow punched me in the bar because I'd apparently looked at him for too long (or hadn't looked at him for long enough), and I responded by punching the next person down the bar from me because the melee controls are a bit wonky. When someone else throws a fist, it's a good ol' brawl and fine entertainment. When I throw a fist, it's a crime and crime is wrong. Crime is also cause for panic.

Weeks later, and passing through the streets I'll still get people saying "We don't need your kind of trouble around here!", "Haven't you caused enough harm?", "Just stay away from me", but nobody mentions "Oh hey, there's the fellow who saved my cousin from certain death TWICE, donated the equivalent of $1500 to a homeless shelter, has cuddled half the dogs in the entire city, and also freed that one officer when he was about to be executed as a political prisoner".

To be fair though, trouble really does follow Arthur everywhere he goes. The NPCs can't get up to this kind of shit on their own.

Oh, right, there's also the honor system, which tracks your "good deeds" vs. "bad deeds", much like the original. Like the original, there are special buffs/effects for reaching milestones on either the good or bad honor sides of the bar, except in RDR2 you only get buffs on the good side. The bad side gets... Well... Your life gets a lot easier by not worrying about the god damn honor system anymore.

Killing lawmen is bad for your honor, as is killing, robbing, and even insulting innocent civilians. Thankfully bounty hunters don't count as Lawful Good lawmen, so you don't get a hit to your honor for killing them. Unfortunately, bounty hunters bring dogs to track you down, and the dogs will also attack you with their instakill animations. And dogs, being the goodest boys, will always cause your honor to drop if you dare to fight back against them.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141638 on: January 09, 2019, 04:52:11 pm »

I can pet a dog in RDR2, so its a 5/7 game imo.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141639 on: January 09, 2019, 05:00:29 pm »

Pretty much.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141640 on: January 09, 2019, 05:01:28 pm »

Another WTF. Apparently, Destiny 2 had a puzzle in it. Emphasis on had. People got pissed off that this puzzle was "locking them out of" the content that they paid for. Now there's no puzzle.

When I was younger, completing puzzles to unlock new bits of a game was called... playing the game.

Source

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #141641 on: January 09, 2019, 05:53:33 pm »

I’m not so sure that’s a bad thing, since it was locking people out of DLC in a... 1st-person shooter? Maybe some RPG elements? Not a fan of Bungie, ‘cause I don’t enjoy FPS’s.

If it was an optional thing people could’ve done to get deeper lore or whatever that would’ve been different, but adding puzzles that can’t be solved without replaying the same levels over and over again to figure out if your idea is correct is kinda sucky, particularly in action-oriented sci-fi shooter.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141642 on: January 09, 2019, 05:54:51 pm »

Your experience may differ, but I found several units of WTF herein: https://www.youtube.com/feed/history/comment_history
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141643 on: January 09, 2019, 05:55:04 pm »

Another WTF. Apparently, Destiny 2 had a puzzle in it. Emphasis on had. People got pissed off that this puzzle was "locking them out of" the content that they paid for. Now there's no puzzle.

When I was younger, completing puzzles to unlock new bits of a game was called... playing the game.

Source
Depends a bit on the puzzle, you ask me... Such as how many sly gypsies have spry trysts near crypts. Sometimes "puzzles" are just "bullshit" that don't follow the rest of the game's established rules and then punish you for not having known that ahead of time.

But seeing as this has to do with Destiny 2 and its playerbase, I dunno. I'm guessing everyone is wrong.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141644 on: January 09, 2019, 06:14:29 pm »

Then Arthur comes out with this nonsense...
That sounds friggin' terrible, oh man. They went to such lengths to put in a sappy morality system and then didn't check if its outcomes made sense or if it was prey to the most glaringly obvious bugs. To be honest that seems like it would be right up there with the unkillable loudmouth NPCs of Bethesda games in terms of the "WTF screw this game I'm playing something else"-factor.       

It was annoying enough in what little I played of RDR2 Online, where you had this especially irritating NPC hounding you as you try to make your way through the 'story-lite' missions, whinging and moaning about the supposedly bad path you're going down - where in almost all cases the "evil" options on a mission are more of a grey area (if they made sense at all), and whether you were a bad guy or not you would realistically have gotten fed up and put a bullet in this creep by now anyway. Plus, those incredibly clunky and scripted "choices" were decided by a vote anyway. ::)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9441 9442 [9443] 9444 9445 ... 11037