Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9426 9427 [9428] 9429 9430 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544234 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141405 on: December 26, 2018, 07:27:45 pm »

I probably made the same request in-thread.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #141406 on: December 26, 2018, 07:55:09 pm »

In the past I went and did all the choices not present in the main run thanks to the magic of multiple save slots.

Thanks to the mild pressure from the two of you, it's going to happen. Currently I'm making a godsdamned chart to make sure I end the game as close to neutral as possible.

EDIT: Also I will probably stop being stupid like I used to be and copy dialogues from an online script of the game instead of transcribing everything manually like a maniac.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 07:57:06 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141407 on: December 27, 2018, 12:27:15 am »

EDIT: Also I will probably stop being stupid like I used to be and copy dialogues from an online script of the game instead of transcribing everything manually like a maniac.

Wait, that's a thing?! Well, I guess I can find solace in that Age of Decadence probably doesn't (or didn't) have an online script up. I still feel like I did my whole LP wrong now, though.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141408 on: December 27, 2018, 12:39:29 am »

Close as I can get to "things that left you mentally scarred today thread" I just read about the creator of sonichu

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141409 on: December 27, 2018, 12:44:36 am »

Terraria. Terraria mods. Design is a choice, a choice you both seem to keep making. Why do I keep finding myself idly wondering why my character has glowing nipples.

I can't quite figure out if it's intentional or they just somehow missed that dye interaction when stuff was getting tested...

Wait, that's a thing?! Well, I guess I can find solace in that Age of Decadence probably doesn't (or didn't) have an online script up. I still feel like I did my whole LP wrong now, though.
Yeah, it's a thing. Saves a lot of time and effort you could be spending doing something else, like making the LP more <whatever>.

It's not necessarily doing it wrong to not, but... it's definitely doing more work.

... and yeah, sometimes there's no online script. Intrepid LPers delve the game data one way or another when that happens. Often enough you'll be lucky and the text will be easily human readable somewhere in the thing's code, and in a format that takes less effort to fix than manually transcribing everything would.

E: Signs you may be becoming ill, when this is an exchange you have with yourself:
Get on me balls, arsemonger!

Arsemonger?

What are pants, if not mongers of arses?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:19:39 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #141410 on: December 27, 2018, 11:22:49 am »

In the past I went and did all the choices not present in the main run thanks to the magic of multiple save slots.

Thanks to the mild pressure from the two of you, it's going to happen. Currently I'm making a godsdamned chart to make sure I end the game as close to neutral as possible.

Ah hey, good hunting! I need to update my own LP attempt from... What is now months ago I think. I have one update partially done, but I definitely stalled hard. :(
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #141411 on: December 28, 2018, 02:27:58 am »

I have just recieved news that there is at least onenspecies of spider that produces milk. Kinda-sorta milk. Its got proteins, sugars and fats in it. Im just stealing this from a national geographic article but;

"In one illustrative experiment, the researchers glued shut the spider mothers' epigastric furrow, the egg-laying organ that also secretes milk. The hatchlings all died within their first 11 days."

So literally, take the "milk" out of the equation, and the spiderlings die, theyre dependent on this.

"Even after hatchlings are old enough to find food on their own, the researchers discovered that spiderlings will continue to take advantage of their mom's milk for an additional 20 days. And daughters (but not sons) were allowed to continue nursing even after reaching sexual maturity."

Seems odd at first. But maybe theres a risk of inbreeding if now-sexually-mature males are allowed to stick around too? I recall research has shown that mice specifically avoid mating with other mice that smell too closely related to them (proved by breaking the mouses' sense of smell; they immediately started fucking their siblings from the sound of things.)

Theres several other articles talking about it, the sciencemag.org one says "The “milk” may be liquified eggs that are passed out of the birth canal prematurely, Quan says. Some amphibians and other invertebrates lay similar “trophic eggs” for offspring to eat, he notes, although only when those offspring are really young."

So thats nice. Either milk or premature eggs.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141412 on: December 28, 2018, 02:36:18 am »

Well it's spiders we're talking about, so we already know it's liquid nightmares.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141413 on: December 28, 2018, 02:39:44 am »

Arachnophobes are weird. It's cute.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141414 on: December 28, 2018, 02:44:01 am »

Spider-gelato.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141415 on: December 28, 2018, 02:44:20 am »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #141416 on: December 28, 2018, 03:24:23 am »

Boy howdy do i love drinking liquid fetuses
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141417 on: December 28, 2018, 07:06:57 am »

Well it's spiders we're talking about, so we already know it's liquid nightmares.

Spiders have nightmares about Tarantula Hawk Wasps and I have some living on my house.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141418 on: December 28, 2018, 07:28:34 am »

I still think Tarantula Hawk Wasp should be named after the Tarantula Hawk which would be bird named after the Tarantula
Love, scriver~

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #141419 on: December 28, 2018, 12:13:38 pm »

Ach! Der Schpooder. Der Schpoodery Schpoodery Schpoo. Schpooding Schpoodering Schpoodly Schpoo.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 9426 9427 [9428] 9429 9430 ... 11037