Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8714 8715 [8716] 8717 8718 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14546889 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130725 on: February 08, 2018, 10:57:20 pm »

The only thing I'm proud of is how much better I am than everyone else.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130726 on: February 09, 2018, 12:13:34 am »

Such naked conceit! :P

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130727 on: February 09, 2018, 05:26:38 am »

Well he is a bolywood super star...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130728 on: February 09, 2018, 07:36:57 am »

He has such an important part in Deliverance.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #130729 on: February 09, 2018, 01:56:31 pm »

I am!

Of course, that may stem from an innate stubbornness provoked by repeated attempts by Scots nats to tell me I'm not British. Mais c'est la vie.

Why do they say you’re not British? Just ‘cause your off on your own in a wee corner of a different island?

Pretty much. Also they're just jealous.

He has such an important part in Deliverance.
So long as "Deliverance" is the delivery of alcoholic beverages.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130730 on: February 09, 2018, 05:07:02 pm »

I swear I'm slowly vanishing off of the university's computer systems. One of my practicals was missing marks for a part I submitted, I emailed the person about it, and three weeks later no reply (Sent a chase up earlier, though). I'm supposed to have marks for an exam/practical thing, and they're nonexistant too.
Sounds worrying, speaking in person might be necessary... Anyhow, welcome to the forum! Haven't seen you before in GD, at least  :)
One wheel short of a wagon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130731 on: February 09, 2018, 05:37:08 pm »

... y'know, you'd think at some point during the last probably dozen times I've pulled something from the outside fridge since the stuff was likely to have been there, I would have noticed one of the bottom drawers that's usually not even in the thing was about a half full of blood and mammal flesh, and the other half ice. But apparently it took 'till today, when I finally passed the spot check for the fridge drawer full of blood and meat. deer meat, mind, or at least that's what people are telling me
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130732 on: February 09, 2018, 05:40:32 pm »

Does someone in your family hunt or something?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #130733 on: February 09, 2018, 05:42:43 pm »

Or perhaps theyre like us, and one particular neighbor nearby barrels over the hill at 60mph in the middle of the night and occasionally takes out a deer, which the forest service doesnt actually clean up, so you get some free meat
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130734 on: February 09, 2018, 05:46:47 pm »

Mostly the latter (least so far as it's non-family nearby area people), rarely the former. Actual family hunting happened more when I was a good bit younger, nowadays it's mostly a friend or two of the family that brings some by when they make a kill or two. Basically means some venison every year or two, but sometimes it comes by less... processed. So not packaged or wrapped or anything, just hunks of deer meat.

It's arguably less offputting, to the extent it is at all, than the quail that occasionally gets dropped off. Those tend to still have the feathers and everything, so you get your first notice there's dead game fowl in the house when you open the fridge to beady eyes or happen to walk by when someone's started or finished dressing some and you're greeted with a bucket full of bloody feathers.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:51:12 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130735 on: February 09, 2018, 06:04:14 pm »

The situation at my current job is starting to remind me of why I left my previous job. I'd say it's almost worse, except at this job I don't have an ex-girlfriend stalking me(that I know of; it's unlikely she'd shop here since another store is closer), so it's not.

Still, I get worked to exhaustion, zero respect, and constant danger from safety violations. Also, about 50% of our staff are Hispanic women, most of whom cannot(or just won't) speak English(another one was hired today). Communication between team members, even from management and them, is a problem. In particular, whenever there's a dispute between me and one of the pricers(one of the few who can speak English), the supervisor will immediately agree with her unconditionally, even when they're entirely wrong(this happened today before leaving). Why even ask me if you're never actually cared about what I was going to say?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #130736 on: February 09, 2018, 06:20:01 pm »

I swear I'm slowly vanishing off of the university's computer systems. One of my practicals was missing marks for a part I submitted, I emailed the person about it, and three weeks later no reply (Sent a chase up earlier, though). I'm supposed to have marks for an exam/practical thing, and they're nonexistant too.
Sounds worrying, speaking in person might be necessary... Anyhow, welcome to the forum! Haven't seen you before in GD, at least  :)
Hang on, I need to get all offended by this.

*ahem*

HOW DARE YOU!? You young whippersnapper, I've been down here since before your account was a thought forming in your head! I was here back when we had to trudge uphill, in the snow to type one single letter to a post we wanted to make! AND WE ENJOYED IT!
Shall I summon the Ancients, my fellow crusty old poster?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130737 on: February 09, 2018, 06:20:40 pm »

Hang on, I need to get all offended by this.

*ahem*

HOW DARE YOU!? You young whippersnapper, I've been down here since before your account was a thought forming in your head! I was here back when we had to trudge uphill, in the snow to type one single letter to a post we wanted to make! AND WE ENJOYED IT!
Shall I summon the Ancients, my fellow crusty old poster?

I HAD TO TRUDGE UPHILL BOTH WAYS IN THE SNOW WITH NO FEET

Is what my grampa used to say for a long time before I finally said hey wait a sec
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:34:59 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130738 on: February 09, 2018, 06:22:19 pm »

I don't think I count as ancient enough, but I remember having to hold my breath to leave the primordial soup to cross a mountain pass to engrave my words onto a rock that eventually got transcribed to the internet by future generations in order to reply to topics.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130739 on: February 09, 2018, 06:26:55 pm »

I actually do walk uphill both ways if I go to town and back. There is a little dip between the hill the city centre sits upon and another hill about halfway between me and there.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: 1 ... 8714 8715 [8716] 8717 8718 ... 11038