Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8377 8378 [8379] 8380 8381 ... 11042

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14579239 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125670 on: August 20, 2017, 09:58:59 pm »

Wait, so you're basing your whole opinion of them off one live performance? ???
That's not terribly fair, y'know. The whole band was probably tripping balls at the time for all we know. Some of their songs are simply brilliant, others not so much. At least check out Let It Be or something before you write them off as "quite dull".   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125671 on: August 20, 2017, 10:10:17 pm »

Nah, I've heard Beatles stuff before, just never live. It's good, just not... I don't know how to describe it, I just wouldn't ever go out of my way to listen to Beatles music. They did play Let It Be, among other popular/famous songs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125672 on: August 20, 2017, 10:22:14 pm »

Context would be useful methinks: it was at an Irish festival, and they were performing the songs with a Celtic twist, so fiddling, bagpipes, and banjos were involved.

Bagpipes are Scottish...... Though I guess if there's evidence that the Celts invented it or the Irish also used it, whatever.

And banjos are, um.... American? Meh, I'm just tired and nitpicking it......

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125673 on: August 20, 2017, 10:28:40 pm »

Context would be useful methinks: it was at an Irish festival, and they were performing the songs with a Celtic twist, so fiddling, bagpipes, and banjos were involved.

Bagpipes are Scottish...... Though I guess if there's evidence that the Celts invented it or the Irish also used it, whatever.

And banjos are, um.... American? Meh, I'm just tired and nitpicking it......

Technically bagpipes aren't Scottish, just heavily associated with 'em.

I am also confused as to why there were banjos, but they were played by Irish folk.

I also s'pose the festival could be considered Celtic, it's just called Irishfest, so I feel obliged to say Irish festival :P last year there was a group called Celtic fiddle festival that involved playing music from Burgundy, which is apparently considered Celtic too. Never knew that, but that was awesome music anyway.

Edit: maybe it was Brittany... northwestern France anyway, I'm also tired so probably recalling things poorly.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:30:22 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125674 on: August 20, 2017, 11:30:44 pm »

Ireland, Scottland and Wales are all celtic lands.

Bagpipes were also used in central europe.
Possibly because they are celtic and Celts (also known as Gauls) were all over Gallia.

Edit: Or they are even older. According to wikipedia, even the ancient Greek people used them.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:32:51 pm by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #125675 on: August 21, 2017, 04:55:18 am »

Don't forget Brittany ol boy.

Also the Greek using bagpipes is clearly just a case of some "traumatic adoption" of the instrument from that time the Celts went all Genghis all over Hellen.

Little known fact: Bagpipes was originally the original "shirt cabnons" - during festivities and competitions the Celts would fill the bags with haggis shtuffing so that when they played it would spray food from the blow holes all over the audience.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125676 on: August 21, 2017, 05:11:28 am »

Well that is... unpleasant.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125677 on: August 21, 2017, 05:21:50 am »

Nonsense its the best use for haggis yet
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125678 on: August 21, 2017, 05:44:08 am »

On a side note I am watching the Netflix Original "Worst Witch" mostly because I was a huge fan of the TV show when it was on (The show is alright, I like it... But I don't exactly have high standards for TV beyond "don't be stupid" and "Follow up on your premise")

And... WOW are Witches the heaviest sleepers. No one has ever been awoken by anything but being nudged directly... One person was able to sleep with a open can of sardines in their room (The stink must have been wretched!)

Is that based on anything?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125679 on: August 21, 2017, 06:13:44 am »

The thing about Beatles' live shows not being that great was because the Beatles hated doing live shows. There's only so much of teenage girls screaming at you that you can take before you want to shoot yourself in the head.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #125680 on: August 21, 2017, 07:10:43 am »

Well, Celts were once all around Europe (lets not forget that "Gaul" once included the northern half of Italy.) They probably lasted longer in Ireland and Scotland, though, I grant you that.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:12:32 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125681 on: August 21, 2017, 07:33:03 am »

Well, Celts were once all around Europe (lets not forget that "Gaul" once included the northern half of Italy.) They probably lasted longer in Ireland and Scotland, though, I grant you that.

For a second there I was going to talk about human sacrifice... But I forgot that they were the Druids and no one knows how wide spread those practices were within the druids anyway (It is still possible the Roman reports were propaganda, but they did end up doing human sacrifice anyway)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #125682 on: August 21, 2017, 08:20:05 am »

Including northern Greece and parts of Turkey.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #125684 on: August 21, 2017, 08:41:33 am »

Thought about posting this in the happy thread but this is more :O and the happy at the justice happening for more understanding, but stuff like this was the cause. First time I saw the content of what was being done, it was horrible to hear or even see >_>
Mostly because of the impact of psychological trauma (and other stuff). But umph.

Also I'm 3 months late apparently! :V
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:49:08 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 8377 8378 [8379] 8380 8381 ... 11042