Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7982 7983 [7984] 7985 7986 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14518957 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119745 on: March 24, 2017, 09:02:14 am »

Gaming debate, panties in a twist, black people.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119746 on: March 24, 2017, 09:15:39 am »

Yeah, basically. Jontron said some racist things. Later makes an apology video where he says what he said was misinterpreted. Which, with what he said, is a bit hard to believe.

All in all, it's a big shitshow that honestly, is really weird to watch unfold.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119747 on: March 24, 2017, 09:54:37 am »

Me thinks things were blown out of proportion, internet dweebs are dweebs, nobody with half a brain cares about anything related to it. JonTron confirmed for the new pet target in the wave of youtube user autistic screeching. Nothing of value is lost.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119748 on: March 24, 2017, 09:55:31 am »

Except perhaps his Tronputation.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119749 on: March 24, 2017, 09:57:22 am »

Nothing of value is lost.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119750 on: March 24, 2017, 09:59:28 am »

Well, except your Temputation  >:(
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119751 on: March 24, 2017, 10:04:11 am »

Nothing of value is lost. Wait... Except some backer's money, lets consider this dumpster fire for a minute.
The guys who were making that one kickstarter game thing in which jontron was going to do voice work for, and who kicked him out of the project when neogaf went full autism about it, started locking threads about people asking for a refund on steam forums and threads about people criticizing them for bending over to neogaf. Apparently some of their employees got salty on twitter and may have called the people defending jontron bigots, while at the same time refusing to give refunds.

I guess calling people bigots but keeping their money is ok, lel

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #119752 on: March 24, 2017, 10:48:11 am »

While watching a ProJared review of Two Worlds, I've suddenly realized that I played the game and even kinda enjoyed it (I was a kid back then). I feel embarrassed because I played the game, and I also feel happy because I don't have a CD of this crap anymore.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119753 on: March 24, 2017, 12:05:03 pm »

Nothing of value is lost. Wait... Except some backer's money, lets consider this dumpster fire for a minute.
The guys who were making that one kickstarter game thing in which jontron was going to do voice work for, and who kicked him out of the project when neogaf went full autism about it, started locking threads about people asking for a refund on steam forums and threads about people criticizing them for bending over to neogaf. Apparently some of their employees got salty on twitter and may have called the people defending jontron bigots, while at the same time refusing to give refunds.

I guess calling people bigots but keeping their money is ok, lel

Neogaf was going to go full autism regardless of what happens. Keeping the money is gravy, sure, but this reaction is in itself completely in line with previous behavior.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #119754 on: March 24, 2017, 03:30:43 pm »

Take a look at this

Why is this a WTF to me? Certainly not because he points out that most global warming BS is BS. No, it's because he is willing to say it's BS. Too many people say what they think they should with no regard for truth.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #119755 on: March 24, 2017, 03:33:26 pm »

Bold words for a physics professor talking about the weather.

Edit: To be clear, I'm talking from experience.  My mom is a plant pathologist who did microbiology research, in a lab, and is very knowledgeable about how infections spread.  She also has a lot of opinions about modern medicine and like 2/3rds of them are wrong.  Remember the lessons of Ben Carson: having one STEM degree means you are good at one thing.  Hell one is probably generous, you're probably only good at a niche within whatever your field is.

Double Edit: Its also a thing that conservative intellectuals will sometimes contort their arguments into weird shapes to account for their beliefs.  I once had a super tech savy, college educated dude from Texas tell me that evolution has never been demonstrated to be true.  When I told him that diseases developing immunity to antibiotics is evolution, he fed me some bull about how "micro-evolution has been proven, but not macro-evolution."  Which I believe was the classic "the eye couldn't have evolved because its too precise and complicated to have formed randomly" argument.  I don't know how he explains fossil evidence of raptors developing into birds (what could be more complicated than flight?), or any number of things really, but I'm sure he would have answers if I could ask him.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 03:56:43 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119756 on: March 24, 2017, 03:39:40 pm »

(The huge “sea level rise” seen in Florida is actually subsidence of the land mass, and is not related to global warming.)
Yeah, I'm sure the people who're going to be living on the bottom of the sea are going to be happy because "it's not related to global warming".
._.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #119757 on: March 24, 2017, 04:02:15 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:22:55 pm by Toady One »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #119758 on: March 24, 2017, 04:34:11 pm »

My problem with the linked post was that the guy was using his physics degree to paint himself as an authority, when he wasn't talking about physics.  If it had been an anonymous post that didn't mention his degree or the scientists he knows (which you'll note, he didn't specify their degrees either), then maybe I'd have been more receptive.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119759 on: March 24, 2017, 04:35:50 pm »

My problem with the linked post was that the guy was using his physics degree to paint himself as an authority, when he wasn't talking about physics.  If it had been an anonymous post that didn't mention his degree or the scientists he knows (which you'll note, he didn't specify their degrees either), then maybe I'd have been more receptive.

In all fairness everything is physics :P
Pages: 1 ... 7982 7983 [7984] 7985 7986 ... 11037