Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7968 7969 [7970] 7971 7972 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516195 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119535 on: March 19, 2017, 07:52:06 pm »

"It tastes just like fruit juice!" -Yoink, referring to most any white wine whilst drinking entirely unsafe amounts of it.     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119536 on: March 19, 2017, 09:41:31 pm »

Very off-topic, but Tack, did you get into H&L surgery? :)
Hot damn that's almost a decade ago now.
Short answer no, I dropped out of pre-med.
I'm awful at chemistry and the only available major was nutrition.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119537 on: March 19, 2017, 10:14:24 pm »

Yeah, if you're buying dirt-cheap shit it's going to be shit. Note that sparkling wine != champagne, there's actually a pretty steep list of practices that are required in order for a sparkling wine to be champagne, and it's illegal to call other stuff champagne in some places. We had a bottle once, for New Years, of about the cheapest genuine champagne we could find-it was still $40, but it was also really goddamn good.

Obviously not for chugging by the liter, but neither are lots of other things. To each their place and purpose. Same sort of thing applies to caviar: if you just eat some random fish roe on saltines you're probably not going to be impressed, for the same reason that a $5 bottle of sparkling wine probably won't impress.

I am reasonably sure Champagne is oner them European protected things, basically meaning that only stuff which is made in very specific ways within a certain region is allowed to be called Champagne.

Like the Forfar Bridie.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119538 on: March 19, 2017, 11:34:14 pm »

Yeah, if you're buying dirt-cheap shit it's going to be shit. Note that sparkling wine != champagne, there's actually a pretty steep list of practices that are required in order for a sparkling wine to be champagne, and it's illegal to call other stuff champagne in some places. We had a bottle once, for New Years, of about the cheapest genuine champagne we could find-it was still $40, but it was also really goddamn good.

Obviously not for chugging by the liter, but neither are lots of other things. To each their place and purpose. Same sort of thing applies to caviar: if you just eat some random fish roe on saltines you're probably not going to be impressed, for the same reason that a $5 bottle of sparkling wine probably won't impress.

I am reasonably sure Champagne is oner them European protected things, basically meaning that only stuff which is made in very specific ways within a certain region is allowed to be called Champagne.

Like the Forfar Bridie.

Yes, exactly. Just noting that there are places in the world *cough*China*cough* where that won't be enforced.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119539 on: March 19, 2017, 11:36:07 pm »

Do i found some malteasers at the store today?? And so i bought some thinjing that they would be like americna whopper candy and therefore be a pleasant snacking experience. Well let me tell you, i was wrong
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119540 on: March 19, 2017, 11:46:07 pm »

Why are people in fiction REALLY good at picking out where people are looking?

People aren't even that good at picking out what you are pointing at...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119541 on: March 20, 2017, 12:36:48 am »

...People ARE good at seeing where other people are looking. I think that's most of the point to the great big visible white part of our eye.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119542 on: March 20, 2017, 02:39:09 am »

I put a little button in Armok Vision to submit quick feedback messages, that also takes a screenshot at the same time.

So far, not a single person actually typed a message before hitting submit. So I have a long string of screenshots being sent to me with no context at all.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #119543 on: March 20, 2017, 02:50:32 am »

They might be pressing the button before they type and not quite getting it. Maybe you should require something typed in and give an error if there's no comment?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119544 on: March 20, 2017, 03:14:58 am »

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119545 on: March 20, 2017, 08:58:18 am »

Error: You have neglected to provide any context for the error or really cool thing you have tried to submit.
Submit anyways? Y/N
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119546 on: March 20, 2017, 10:08:48 am »

Error: You have neglected to provide any context for the error or really cool thing you have tried to submit.
Submit anyways? Y/N
Heh, true.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119547 on: March 20, 2017, 11:30:50 am »

Do i found some malteasers at the store today?? And so i bought some thinjing that they would be like americna whopper candy and therefore be a pleasant snacking experience. Well let me tell you, i was wrong

I had the exact opposite experience, thinking Whoppers would be similar to the ambrosial nature of Maltesers. I did not know that chocolate could ever feel like eating plastic.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119548 on: March 20, 2017, 01:04:10 pm »

Try unwrapping it first :P

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119549 on: March 20, 2017, 01:27:02 pm »

Try unwrapping it first :P

I tried to unwrap the chocolate from the whopper and it was good, but then you just get to the horrid plastic center and everything is awful again.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7968 7969 [7970] 7971 7972 ... 11037