Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7967 7968 [7969] 7970 7971 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516134 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119520 on: March 19, 2017, 11:48:09 am »

Last night my stepdad was having seizures possibly induced by using both an emergency inhaler and nebulizer at the same time. Exactly why he needs either one of those, I don't know, and he is in flat denial that he has any problems. He also tried to pick a fight with two drug-dealing teenagers(?) who were camping the fence across the street(the recently moved-in neighbors were arrested yesterday for selling drugs after the two tried to break in), by shouting racist slurs at them. He may or may not remember doing this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119521 on: March 19, 2017, 01:26:03 pm »

Quote from: Akura
[snip]
T posted something yesterday, actually.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119522 on: March 19, 2017, 02:28:48 pm »

Quote from: Akura
[snip]
T posted something yesterday, actually.

Must've missed it.

In other news, bought Far Cry 3(through Steam). Did not realize it requires UPlay.
...I want a refund now. Or at least a bypass.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119523 on: March 19, 2017, 02:38:15 pm »

Noooo but it's such a good game!  Was just playing it again yesterday, trying to beat my brother's scores on the challenges.  The Uplay barely matters unless you're playing multiplayer.

Though *sigh* it doesn't automatically close itself.  And you're probably within the Steam refund window.  Seriously though...  One of the few games I keep going back to for a bit of fun.
Particularly with this mod, which removes the story-progress limits on upgrades, and makes enemies a bit more lethal.  And a lot of other neat stuff.  http://www.nexusmods.com/farcry3/mods/22/?

Maybe not ideal for new players, but I don't think those limits really added anything.  Mainly, it lets me play "Start just after the intro and capture as many outposts as possible before dying, upgrading as I gain XP".
Because you're pretty OP at the end of the game...  Which kinda fits the story, but isn't the best part of the gameplay.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119524 on: March 19, 2017, 02:54:13 pm »

And you're probably within the Steam refund window.

It's probably just a lot less of a hassle to find a crack. Screw them, they already got their money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119525 on: March 19, 2017, 03:38:28 pm »

Ok here is a WTF...

There are a lot of people who actually think you are SUPPOSED to shake a Champaign bottle until it explodes and foams everywhere.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119526 on: March 19, 2017, 03:49:29 pm »

Meh, Champagne wine (wine from Champagne) is all about presentation.  Just like expensive cuisine.  It serves a purpose...  The purpose of being a high-class or just celebratory ritual.
Heck I think a few kids I knew growing up were allowed to taste champagne, even *I* was (I wasn't offered *soda* growing up), specifically because it tastes awful.  Unless you have a "refined palate".

It's alcohol but not for getting buzzed.  It's a delicacy but not for the taste.  It's just a symbol of celebration or affluence, that's all.

It's always about Paris /Fallen London
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119527 on: March 19, 2017, 03:57:33 pm »

Champagne varies in quality, as everything. I'm prone to guessing that you've not tasted actually good champagne.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119528 on: March 19, 2017, 04:11:40 pm »

Yeah, if you're buying dirt-cheap shit it's going to be shit. Note that sparkling wine != champagne, there's actually a pretty steep list of practices that are required in order for a sparkling wine to be champagne, and it's illegal to call other stuff champagne in some places. We had a bottle once, for New Years, of about the cheapest genuine champagne we could find-it was still $40, but it was also really goddamn good.

Obviously not for chugging by the liter, but neither are lots of other things. To each their place and purpose. Same sort of thing applies to caviar: if you just eat some random fish roe on saltines you're probably not going to be impressed, for the same reason that a $5 bottle of sparkling wine probably won't impress.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119529 on: March 19, 2017, 04:14:27 pm »

There are a lot of people who actually think you are SUPPOSED to shake a Champaign bottle until it explodes and foams everywhere.
It's a cultural thing, I guess - much more common in the states than in Europe.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119530 on: March 19, 2017, 04:40:38 pm »

Wait, you're supposed to drink champagne? I literally thought that it was only for shaking and spraying.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #119531 on: March 19, 2017, 05:00:09 pm »

I thought it was just for smashing on boats.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119532 on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:07 pm »

I thought it was for lubricating rich business men so they give you a better deal.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119533 on: March 19, 2017, 07:41:46 pm »

Nah, that's what petroleum jelly is for.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119534 on: March 19, 2017, 07:46:17 pm »

Nah, champagne is for underestimating the combination of alcohol with carbonation and accidentally getting smashed off your tits.
At least that's what people seem to do with it all the time.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 7967 7968 [7969] 7970 7971 ... 11037