Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7907 7908 [7909] 7910 7911 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14504674 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118620 on: February 24, 2017, 05:34:55 pm »

Almost quit my job today. This one girl who worked for us before then left for a few months for school or something, then came back to work this morning. From the moment she walked in the door she was causing problems, all while acting like she was hot shit or something. She's trying to get my sister fired by getting everyone to accuse her of stealing money from them, based on something that happened months ago. There's no evidence, nor is my sister dumb enough to pull something like that, and the only "proof" they have is "well, we're all accusing her, so it must be true". Worse, I'm a little worried the manager might be stupid enough to listen to her, which could put my sister's job in jeopardy.

My sister wasn't even working today.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118621 on: February 24, 2017, 06:58:38 pm »

This thing.

Although I suppose it won't stop them from claiming that theres a magic word to stop the pirate mans when theres still 0.05% legit claims.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118622 on: February 24, 2017, 07:20:42 pm »

Ah... well, far as I could parse from the article there would have actually been less than .05% legit claims. The .05% was just claims aimed at sites that didn't fail to be in google's search index, not necessarily ones that were genuinely infringing :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118623 on: February 24, 2017, 07:23:44 pm »

Double-checked my paycheck since there was close to $100 less than I'm normally paid for 2 weeks. Nearly 13 hours were missing. 8 were certainly from a snow day, I have no idea what the rest was from.

Come to think of it, my manager has been sending us home about half an hour early for several days for the past couple of weeks, despite there still being work.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118624 on: February 24, 2017, 07:35:54 pm »

Ah... well, far as I could parse from the article there would have actually been less than .05% legit claims. The .05% was just claims aimed at sites that didn't fail to be in google's search index, not necessarily ones that were genuinely infringing :V
I'd certainyl assume there is more legal claims than that, just not of the ones aimed at google from an apparently trusted system. You don't become trusted by littering their office until you accept them, after all.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118625 on: February 24, 2017, 08:46:14 pm »

I find myself wishing I had a T-square and a drafting table. Drawing a line orthagonal to the drawing surface is literally impossible.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118626 on: February 25, 2017, 12:13:40 am »

I find myself wishing I had a T-square and a drafting table. Drawing a line orthagonal to the drawing surface is literally impossible.
Huh?

I know what these words mean but they do not make sense.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:15:13 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118627 on: February 25, 2017, 12:17:35 am »

Ortha means mouth right?
It must relate to the mouth of the table
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118628 on: February 25, 2017, 12:20:53 am »

A drafting table is a very flat table with the edges squared off to precision to allow the use of a T-square. A T-square is a precision tool with a long ruler (technically a strait-edge, as it is usually not marked with dimensions) connected to a short one in the shape of a T. Some are fixed at precisely 90 degrees, while more expensive ones are designed to be adjusted precisely to any angle. By running the short straight edge along the side of the drafting table, you get perfectly placed, perfectly angled lines. Without one, it is nearly impossible to draw with precision. With one, you can create drawings to rival any CAD program, if you're willing to put in an immense amount of practice.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118629 on: February 25, 2017, 12:21:08 am »

Huh?

I know what these words mean but they do not make sense.

A right angle is difficult to draw without a proper tool. I'm assuming notlogical meant "orthogonal", which is a right angle, and not "orthagonal", which is a programming language.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118630 on: February 25, 2017, 12:42:05 am »

Hmm... no. No there's not enough mouths in any of these explanations, which means you must be way off base.

The question is, is it "oganal" like "diagonal" or like "hexagonal"?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118631 on: February 25, 2017, 12:44:26 am »

Drawing a line orthogonal to the drawing surface is literally impossible.

Why yes it is, but that's because lines orthogonal to surfaces point in/out of them. And lines are hard to draw in mid-air.  ;)

Joking aside, I agree that right angles are really annoying to draw.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118632 on: February 25, 2017, 12:47:51 am »

Obviously you would then need a 3d-printer pencil.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118633 on: February 25, 2017, 03:53:32 am »

Of course! Ongal must mean "related to the angle"
So it's a right angle, because it's "related to the angle of the mouth"
Because the average human with their mouth fully open forms a right angle yeah
Genius

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #118634 on: February 25, 2017, 06:43:34 am »

This is a rather silly wtf, but I just watched Unbreakable. Fucking amazing movie, I've no idea why I never heard of it, etc etc.

But how in the fuck did Shymalan manage to make both that and shit like Signs and After Earth?

Like, how? Unbreakable's one of the best directed movies I've ever seen - the use of color that actually has a point, the way a lot of the shots are framed, the camera angles, the foreshadowing, the music (oh the music), the twist ending which was actually good ... the fucker made a superhero origin story as good as, or maybe even better than, Iron Man, something like 15 years before the whole superhero movie thing started blowing up the box office.

I just can't reconcile that fucking amazing direction in the movie with ... Signs. After Earth. Last Airbender. How the fuck were those all made by the same guy?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7907 7908 [7909] 7910 7911 ... 11037