Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7560 7561 [7562] 7563 7564 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471005 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113415 on: November 13, 2016, 03:18:58 pm »

Please, share the name of this gem which has captured your (admittedly perjorative) approval.

Meh it was just a small scene in World of Final Fantasy. Where they spent a minute just making a cup of coffee.

After that scene mind you... the game kind of... has issues in terms of atmosphere. It needs more magic.

---

Also it sounds weird but JRPGs really got to keep their anime out of the JRPG.

That sounds weird... But imagine if CRPGs were formatted like Danny Phantom.

Then again... the Tales series USUALLY (or sometimes) does it right. Mostly because they know where to draw the lines and how to blend the two styles.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:54:31 pm by Neonivek »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #113416 on: November 13, 2016, 05:06:02 pm »

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:37:36 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113417 on: November 13, 2016, 05:21:50 pm »

Silly T, sillier everyone that voted for him. Just because someone spews anti-establishment rhetoric doesn't actually mean they're not part of the establishment.

Sadly enough, that probably won't go down as the most screwed up thing about those cabinet picks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113418 on: November 13, 2016, 05:42:01 pm »

There has been a lot of talk about Trump's lukewarm relation to NATO recently. Honestly, it might be for the best. It's well about time we saw to our own defences, and it just isn't fair expecting the U.S. to do all the work and foot the most of the bill. Him pulling back on NATO isn't a danger to global security, that is the effect of expecting Uncle Sam to do most of the work. Well, it sort of is a threat to global security the way we like it, but it is self-inflicted, if anything. Both the Pentagon and the White House has been complaining about that for years, it seems so strange that no one in the European high commands thought to listen to it.

He is also going forward with the wall of his. Well, fence, in some locations. My first thought: weren't there already a fence? The U.S.-Mexico border is very, very long, but I thought the entire stretch had some fencing, at least. Suddenly, it all sounds a bit more reasonable...

Haha, good effort spoilering your beliefs and such. I somehow doubt you would've stepped on as many toes as I might have achieved in the last few pages though.
I mean, here's hoping I didn't particularly offend anyone, but I'm more realistically considering that I probably just irritated Christians and Atheists equally.

What is the matter? There was a pleasant off-topic discussion in the "WTF"-thread. Everyone who liked to said their piece. You haven't stepped on any toes or been flamed down for it, and no one has reason to be irritated. Disagreement doesn't mean offense. Take it easy, it was a bit of fun.
It might be a bit of a hysterical response on my part, this, but I do see a lot of people online that seems to feel as if they've offended or been rude when they really haven't, and I think it's best to say so. No reason for anyone to carry hard feelings that weren't there, after all.

Silly T, sillier everyone that voted for him. Just because someone spews anti-establishment rhetoric doesn't actually mean they're not part of the establishment.

Sadly enough, that probably won't go down as the most screwed up thing about those cabinet picks.

Trumposaurus Keks is a phrase that jumped up in my head and I am very sorry for it.

I do wonder what percentage of the citizens keep an eye on who is who in the president's cabinet, though. I think that a lot of people know and support the president, but is less interested in the more in-depth parts of the government. This appointment might just fly over a lot of people's heads, and I think he knows that it's relatively risk-free to appoint him.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113419 on: November 13, 2016, 05:44:32 pm »

It's nothing next to how a certain other pick is going to completely fuck us environmentally, anyways. Ready for a return to omnipresent smog?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113420 on: November 13, 2016, 05:44:59 pm »

He is also going forward with the wall of his. Well, fence, in some locations. My first thought: weren't there already a fence? The U.S.-Mexico border is very, very long, but I thought the entire stretch had some fencing, at least. Suddenly, it all sounds a bit more reasonable...

It doesn't. The wall is both useless and impossible
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/602494/bad-math-props-up-trumps-border-wall/
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113421 on: November 13, 2016, 05:53:14 pm »

Oh... Oh, dear. Yes, that is not very reasonable. A wall won't do enough to justify that kind of cost. I think I've misjudged exactly how long and difficult the border actually is. Maybe some very basic fencing, but even then, would it be worth it?

It's nothing next to how a certain other pick is going to completely fuck us environmentally, anyways. Ready for a return to omnipresent smog?

Sometimes I wonder if some politicians are actively anti-environmental. Heh, imagine one day, there's a severe hurricane, and a politician gathers support to dump oil and toxic waste in the sea as retribution. Not likely, but regrettably not unlikely enough.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113422 on: November 13, 2016, 05:54:47 pm »

Silverthrone: If you're in Europe, Trump is basically wink wink nod nodding at Putin that he can "invade" whoever he likes and the US will just ignore it. This, to me, is not a good thing. (Not that Obama has been willing to actually try to stop him so far, but I have no doubt Hillary would have)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113423 on: November 13, 2016, 05:58:57 pm »

Uh...

Have your parents looked at his Cabinet?

Also, *hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113424 on: November 13, 2016, 06:00:24 pm »

Oh... Oh, dear. Yes, that is not very reasonable. A wall won't do enough to justify that kind of cost. I think I've misjudged exactly how long and difficult the border actually is. Maybe some very basic fencing, but even then, would it be worth it?
Don't forget the cost of the parapets, the hoardings, the ammunition stores, and manning the trebuchets and ballistae. Although you could probably get some back from the tourism, and Medieval Times might work with us; it'd be pretty lucrative for them, after all, and borders are great places for gift shops.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113425 on: November 13, 2016, 06:01:11 pm »

Since when do Evangelicals support Catholics? I'm pretty sure it was less than a century since they were spreading around scares of "evil Irish Catholics" planning to overthrow the country and serve Vatican...
._.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113426 on: November 13, 2016, 06:01:50 pm »

If you'll forgive me some crossposting:

Make America great again: who needs an environment anyway edition.

Energy Independence

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fun times ahead.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113427 on: November 13, 2016, 06:02:15 pm »

I think probably the biggest long term benefit of the wall will be that we'll finally be safe from a mongol invasion from the south.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113428 on: November 13, 2016, 06:03:06 pm »

@Sergarr:Those parents are 'Catholic', or...Fringe Catholic.  I put that in quotes because they really seem to have missed a lot of the New Testament.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113429 on: November 13, 2016, 06:04:26 pm »

There has been a lot of talk about Trump's lukewarm relation to NATO recently. Honestly, it might be for the best. It's well about time we saw to our own defences, and it just isn't fair expecting the U.S. to do all the work and foot the most of the bill. Him pulling back on NATO isn't a danger to global security, that is the effect of expecting Uncle Sam to do most of the work. Well, it sort of is a threat to global security the way we like it, but it is self-inflicted, if anything. Both the Pentagon and the White House has been complaining about that for years, it seems so strange that no one in the European high commands thought to listen to it.

Because for most nations, against the prime threat of Russia spending more on defence wouldn't really pull dividends, most modern wars haven't required a large military for European nations, and times are hard so it's hard to get more funding for anything.

Take Belgium. It spends something like .92% of gdp on it's military - that's 3.25 billion dollars off the top of my head.
Russia spends 65+ billion dollars on it's military.
Even if a lot of these smaller nations, they'd never be even slightly capable of matching the russian war machine in money, men or materials.

In these hard financial times, politicians don't want to expand the military for something unlikely to be really used - most conflicts have been more peacekeeping roles, part of a coalition - so even if the various European high commands heard, there's not much they can do to expand. People want hospitals and working trains more than they want more soldiers, because being sick or late to work is a much more pressing issue than maybe russia.

At least, that's my thoughts on it.

I think probably the biggest long term benefit of the wall will be that we'll finally be safe from a mongol invasion from the south.

The Chinese built a wall, and how many illegal mexican immigrants do they get?
Checkmate atheists.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 7560 7561 [7562] 7563 7564 ... 11037