Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7318 7319 [7320] 7321 7322 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481905 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109785 on: September 26, 2016, 05:10:06 pm »

Someone apparently got their hands on what was left of Innawoods and wants to make his own copy.
Like 20 times before, but eh, I want to belive.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109786 on: September 26, 2016, 05:24:54 pm »

Didn't the original ㅋㅋㅋ (kekeke) incident happen in a Starcraft game? I think it was in 2005 or something, in response to the other player complaining about a Zerg Rush.

It was already very frequent prior to that. At least that was my late nineties Battle.net experience...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #109787 on: September 26, 2016, 05:48:55 pm »

So they convinced you to get naked in public and then didn't even draw pictures as you were told they would?
Did you call your attorney?

Nah, what actually happened was better. Though I realize now this story is a bit inappropriate and only barely related to the topic. Whoops.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109788 on: September 26, 2016, 05:56:26 pm »

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109789 on: September 26, 2016, 06:00:14 pm »

Stories about naked monsters of dubious gender aside, I think I may have just found the new timecube.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109790 on: September 26, 2016, 06:04:40 pm »

So they convinced you to get naked in public and then didn't even draw pictures as you were told they would?
Did you call your attorney?

Nah, what actually happened was better. Though I realize now this story is a bit inappropriate and only barely related to the topic. Whoops.

* Descan gets out a notepad.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109791 on: September 26, 2016, 06:56:48 pm »

It doesn't. Its the korean onomatopeia for laughter
Past time and already mentioned, but no it isn't.

kekeke is. "kek" is what appeared to Alliance players when Horde players said "lol", because they used simple substitution to scramble text between factions.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109792 on: September 26, 2016, 07:53:48 pm »

Oh man, reminds me of when we'd all hang on the sex stories of Sofia.
The wheel of time keeps turnin'.
I mean, doesn't make me any less curious.

On a personal WTF.
I've hit the age at which all my friends are monday-friday workers and I'm the only one still doing a degree, so it's rather difficult to get favors in the middle of the day.
Which is a pain 'cos I kind of need a lift to go pick up my new car. The dealership is only accessible through public transport in an overly convoluted route, so I'm trying really hard to bum a ride... unsuccessfully.
Furst Wurld Problums.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109793 on: September 26, 2016, 09:07:59 pm »

Guess maybe you'll have to use Uber?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109794 on: September 26, 2016, 09:14:41 pm »

My friend, who is currently training in the army, had recently been really trying to sell me on enlisting. Get in the best shape of your life, get great pay, get great benefits and retirement, travel and adventure and find meaning in life...

And I'm not just hesitating cause I'm a soft marshmallow man, because I am, but I don't want to accidentally obligate myself into doing morally dubious things, like killing or being the hired muscle for whatever corrupt politicians or overemotional reactionaries are leading the country.

He's really enjoying it, so I'm not judging him, but I'm still thinking about it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109795 on: September 26, 2016, 09:18:28 pm »

You will probably have to do morally dubious things in the army, if "killing" is a morally dubious things.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109796 on: September 26, 2016, 09:23:07 pm »

You will probably have to do morally dubious things in the army, if "killing" is a morally dubious things.

You are basically taught that if your target is holding up a pregnant woman as a shield... You should shoot through her to kill him.

If he is in a crowd of people... you need to go full auto! in fact bomb the place

And DANG IT I WISH I was joking -_-

There are also people, in the government, who want to shut down restitution officers (not their correct name): basically shut down the people whose job it is... to give someone money because the military killed their husband, wife, child or grievously injured them.

So yeah my opinion of the military is not extremely high. There is a serious double standard...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:26:45 pm by Neonivek »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109797 on: September 26, 2016, 09:41:40 pm »

You are basically taught that if your target is holding up a pregnant woman as a shield... You should shoot through her to kill him.

If he is in a crowd of people... you need to go full auto! in fact bomb the place

And DANG IT I WISH I was joking -_-

There are also people, in the government, who want to shut down restitution officers (not their correct name): basically shut down the people whose job it is... to give someone money because the military killed their husband, wife, child or grievously injured them.

So yeah my opinion of the military is not extremely high. There is a serious double standard...

Your opinion of the military is also grievously misinformed.  As an ex-U.S. Soldier I can inform you without any attempt at deceit that what you are saying as absolutely categorically untrue of any NATO military, as I have interacted with nearly all of them.  Further, the behaviors you are describing date to one singular conflict that has been blown massively out of proportion, the Vietnam conflict (war in all but name.)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109798 on: September 26, 2016, 09:51:24 pm »

That's a woefully inaccurate picture of how a modern military from any semi-civilized state conducts itself, yeah. I wouldn't expect shit that nasty from fuckin' Blackwater goons, you need to go all the way to nothing-to-lose militarized radicals and third world autocracies to find behavior that reprehensible being condoned or supported institutionally.

Doesn't mean that U.S. troops on the individual/small unit level weren't killing civilians/attempted surrenders (or raping teens in occupied territory, natch) in the Gulf, but people who get caught doing that tend to become cautionary tales on why you don't act like a fucking barbarian.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109799 on: September 26, 2016, 09:54:24 pm »

Only if you're lucky enough to actually get deployed. :v
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7318 7319 [7320] 7321 7322 ... 11037