Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7316 7317 [7318] 7319 7320 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481038 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109755 on: September 26, 2016, 08:28:08 am »

Daaaamn, you know you're listening to some good music when the sheer brutality makes you feel physically nauseous. :o
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:38:10 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109756 on: September 26, 2016, 10:03:55 am »

I have been using Foxit viewer for many years now, very fast and light. On a whim I decided to upgrade to the latest version, and they messed it up something fierce. It's like they are trying to be worst than Adobe, and that is a very high standard of bloatness.

It's fine that they are trying to monetize some specialized tools, but why break they very viewer that made you popular in the first place? I really don't get how you can get so out of touch with your user base. Oh well back to the old version...

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109757 on: September 26, 2016, 10:15:26 am »

Oh! I just realised something! I haven't heard anyone say or refer to YOLO for the whole year! I mean, it's been in a pretty clear decline recently, but I think it can be officially declared deceased by now. I rather wish I could've been bothered to take notes. Could have calculated its half-life, for fun and interest.

Related to that, I have come to truly regret my actions some ten odd years ago. You know kek? Yes, that awful little piece of "you could probably do yourself a service and stop listening here" that slithered out of World of Warcraft and has been steadily swelling and growing more hideous by the year. I played WoW back when, and I confess that I helped it along, used it as an in-joke, like a secret Horde/WoW handshake. Then, we started using it on forums and whatnot, sometimes when out and about, too. Little by little, it caught on. And here we are. It's grown into one of the most cringeworthy online phenomenoms of the decade.
We could have strangled that horrid, stupid fucking shit in its filthy little crib. I didn't. I doubt my individual contribution mattered, but if people like me hadn't been aping it and spreading it along, I think it would have shrivelled up on the vine, like it should have. It always feels a bit worse when you know you've been part of something like that.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109760 on: September 26, 2016, 12:22:34 pm »

You people sicken me sometimes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109761 on: September 26, 2016, 12:23:57 pm »

Please... Please. It's just monday. Don't make me drink. I beg of you...

But honestly, with all that said, it will be quite interesting to see just how deep the rancid kek-hole will go. I mean, a lot of people who pay it forward today were likely toddlers when the whole mess began (and isn't that a bit of a memento mori in and off itself?). It's got staying power, popularity and seems to be gaining a bit of a rebel status, as well. It's difficult to say, but it'll be a very curious ride. And it's a final fingers up at the Alliance. I mean, kek is what lived on, who gets it when you say bur? Lol, from the halls of Ragnaros to the shores of Tanaris, I guess, and that is at least a tiny bit of comfort.

(And no, keks doesn't honestly bother me quite that much. But they do make me cringe inwardly. Every time.)

Does this all make any sense? I do hope it makes sense. I've got a fever, and whingeposting is the only thing I can think of doing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109762 on: September 26, 2016, 01:21:27 pm »

I didn't even real8ze kek originated from WoW.

So yeah, we're probably stuck with it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109763 on: September 26, 2016, 01:45:34 pm »

It doesn't. Its the korean onomatopeia for laughter
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109764 on: September 26, 2016, 01:49:46 pm »

It's both. Shared lineage. Twice the fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #109765 on: September 26, 2016, 01:56:30 pm »

Didn't the original ㅋㅋㅋ (kekeke) incident happen in a Starcraft game? I think it was in 2005 or something, in response to the other player complaining about a Zerg Rush.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109766 on: September 26, 2016, 01:59:34 pm »

Yes, I believe so. When proper Korean Starcraft tournaments made a big splash abroad. I oversimplified earlier, there's no doubt kekeke has something to do with it, with WoW being a significant vector for the whole thing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109767 on: September 26, 2016, 02:38:31 pm »

Whelp now I know that gravity is just a superfluid gravy that vacuum cleans everything together at speeds of 200m/s.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109768 on: September 26, 2016, 03:12:05 pm »

Whelp now I know that gravity is just a superfluid gravy that vacuum cleans everything together at speeds of 200m/s.
Link?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109769 on: September 26, 2016, 03:16:14 pm »

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7316 7317 [7318] 7319 7320 ... 11037