Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7162 7163 [7164] 7165 7166 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475699 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107445 on: August 10, 2016, 06:46:59 pm »

Gah. Bad day. Over 250,000 tattoos due to ship tomorrow. Absolutely have to be at their destination by Friday. Not a single sheet printed yet. Large sheets, too. Only 2 full tattoos per sheet, so over 125,000 sheets are needed in total.

And I have nothing to do until there are enough printed to start cutting. I have to come to work until it is done. There's nothing else for me to do, and I'll probably not get a weekend this weekend.

Hot as balls, too. I'm soaked by the end of the day. Have been ending every day with swamp-ass for weeks now. I can't get a shower right after work, since my mom picks me up to go to my nan's. Every damn day for pretty much this entire year. Sitting around for hours, baking in my own sweat.

I'm just tired and exhausted. By everything.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:56:10 pm by BlackFlyme »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107446 on: August 10, 2016, 06:53:31 pm »

Just realized...
Normal Triple A games.  /reaction meh
Hyped Western games in category I like. /reaction Eh, I'll buy it on discount/after all the DLC are in.
Non-hype game series/developer that I've had history of buying from.  /reaction ermahgawd, I'm buying it now at full price

I'm still just as bad in the end.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107447 on: August 10, 2016, 08:09:54 pm »

If the human population is large, the market for people who can't or don't wash themselves properly for whatever reason is likewise large. At some point, they will be recommended to or forced to visit a hygienist.
Ew
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107448 on: August 10, 2016, 08:57:19 pm »

Has anyone ever stumbled upon one of those "Mysteries that have never been explained even to this day" that... are only "not explained to this day" because pretty much the mystery is more popular then the answer?

There is this whole game based on the mystery of these Russian Hikers who ended up freezing to death on a mountain and how MYSTERIOUS it is... Even Wikipedia goes "it is a mystery" (or so I am told... My Sister defends "based on a true story" games and movies to the death... even when they lie like crazy).

Yet... what happened has been answered years ago... In fact to my knowledge there are no mysteries left in that case...

and man I am sure the game is good and everything... but I HATE "Based on a True Story" when it is nothing but a barrel of LIES! Which I wouldn't mind except people believe them... I had to spend years telling people that the Devinchi Code wasn't real.

Mind you maybe I should have watched the game... maybe I am being paranoid and it actually goes in depth with what "actually happened" and doesn't spin some crazy BS story or leave it as a spooky mystery.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:03:30 pm by Neonivek »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107449 on: August 10, 2016, 09:17:53 pm »

Kholat?  I forgot it was supposed to be based on a true story, heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107450 on: August 10, 2016, 09:22:42 pm »

Kholat?  I forgot it was supposed to be based on a true story, heh.

All I know is that the Intro is accurate... MOSTLY (Mystery to this day is inaccurate... but given you are probably meant to solve the mystery in the game... that is an excusable stretch)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107451 on: August 10, 2016, 09:47:37 pm »

I'm still just as bad in the end.

For buying games you want at full price? Nothing wrong with that.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107452 on: August 10, 2016, 09:55:41 pm »

Yeah, if you don't pirate all your games you're literally causing the death of the medium. /s

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107453 on: August 10, 2016, 10:44:20 pm »

Another mouse has died to the mousetrap in my closet. These things seem to value peanut butter over life, which I can empathize with. First WTF is that the mice seem to prefer dying to being caught in the humane mousetrap we also have. Second WTF is that we have more mice then I thought. Third WTF is how the mice keep coming to die in literally the same place and the same way as other mice have.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107454 on: August 10, 2016, 11:11:31 pm »

When the pinnacle of a species' intelligence is being able to be trained to respond to Skinner box stimuli and solve simple mazes, don't read too much into their decision-making skills.

Besides, there are plenty of stories of humans going into a situation one after another to die with a great deal more evidence that it's deadly than a mouse encountering a thing which smells like food, other mice, and a little bit like death. They just can't associate "little block of metal and wood" with "this will kill me" unless (maybe) they've encountered and survived one before.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107455 on: August 10, 2016, 11:17:29 pm »

Besides, there are plenty of stories of humans going into a situation one after another to die with a great deal more evidence that it's deadly
Let me tell you about my friend Napoleon
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107456 on: August 11, 2016, 12:17:20 am »

Besides, there are plenty of stories of humans going into a situation one after another to die with a great deal more evidence that it's deadly
Let me tell you about my friend Napoleon
Death is meaningless compared to glory

Viva la Texas
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107457 on: August 11, 2016, 06:48:50 pm »

Frustration plagues me. I am trying to find the trailer of a game (?) that was really cool, depicting a month by month countdown to the Able Archer that nearly started a nuclear war, but I can't for the life of me find it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107458 on: August 11, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »

... there is apparently nothing on this computer able to run video content off of twitter. What the hell, twitter.

Opera classic, no. Firefox, no. Friggin' IE, no. Nothing. Chrome can go stuff itself, not on this computer and won't be. What the blue hell did that damn website do between the last time I played something animated on it and now?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107459 on: August 11, 2016, 07:38:50 pm »

try reinstall java?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7162 7163 [7164] 7165 7166 ... 11037