Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7164 7165 [7166] 7167 7168 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474042 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107475 on: August 11, 2016, 09:17:26 pm »

Ooooh, that's one thing that always gets to me. xD
Why is Nurgle called Papa Nurgle?! It's...strangely darkly humorous. ._.
'Cause he's a father figure that loves 'is children, no matter what -- he's called Papa Nurgle because he loves and supports his followers, as any parent should. Nurgle is the Chaos god of Familial Love, basically... among a few other things.
He spreads gifts to all the children!
Also his daemons are hyperactive children, golden retrievers and chubby new-orleansians respectively.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #107476 on: August 11, 2016, 09:21:15 pm »

Today I saw a sign put up by some...I don't know if I can call them secessionists...people who want to form a 51st state right in the heart of California. I hope they fail in their endeavor; partly because of the economic problems that would ensue, partly because of logistic difficulties, partly because it would probably make my job more of a pain...

But mostly because "Jefferson" is a pretty stupid name for a state.

Huh, apparently this movement goes back to 1941.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107477 on: August 11, 2016, 09:23:56 pm »

Today I saw a sign put up by some...I don't know if I can call them secessionists...people who want to form a 51st state right in the heart of California. I hope they fail in their endeavor; partly because of the economic problems that would ensue, partly because of logistic difficulties, partly because it would probably make my job more of a pain...

But mostly because "Jefferson" is a pretty stupid name for a state.

Huh, apparently this movement goes back to 1941.
And two other proposed states in different areas have been named Jefferson. Not sure what their obsession is with naming a state Jefferson, here.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107478 on: August 11, 2016, 09:27:40 pm »

He's not even that good a basketball player.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107479 on: August 11, 2016, 09:35:47 pm »

If Jefferson actually succeeds in becoming a state, I'm moving to Jefferson and creating a 52nd state called Omega California Prime.
I will live the FUCK out of Omega California Prime. And I will build a town there, and call it "Elbow Sex Explosion".
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107480 on: August 11, 2016, 09:44:10 pm »

If Jefferson actually succeeds in becoming a state, I'm moving to Jefferson and creating a 52nd state called Omega California Prime.
I will live the FUCK out of Omega California Prime. And I will build a state there, and call it "Elbow Sex Explosion".
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107481 on: August 12, 2016, 12:06:04 am »

Man, adventures in updating. Brought firefox to the latest version, hoping it'd fix a problem I was having with Twitter. Didn't, but then the weird shit. Not only did the update somehow fuck flash performance sideways (we're talking the cpu use at 360p was double what it was at 720), but it also managed to somehow convince itself the browser/OS combination was incapable of playing HD content, when it was perfectly happy to with an older version. I don't understand what the hell happened, here.

I didn't need to to promptly turn around and reinstall the older version, but still. Still.

This keeps sodding happening. There was a point in the past browser upgrades actually tended to make things better for me, or at least not bend the program over for a reaming. Somehow that time appears to be passing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107482 on: August 12, 2016, 12:11:00 am »

We are reaching critical mass.

First Google with the backspace shortcut, and now Firefox.

I also discovered Microsoft doesn't like winhlp, the program for opening windows help files, anymore.

When will it end!?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107483 on: August 12, 2016, 12:51:16 am »

I was curious if the new update top Edge fixed its crappy broken tab system. I dragged a tab back and fourth and it crashed the browser...
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107484 on: August 12, 2016, 12:52:50 am »

Isn't Edge basically Internet Explorer pretending not to be Internet Explorer?

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107485 on: August 12, 2016, 12:57:20 am »

Yes, Except IE11 was much more stable.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107486 on: August 12, 2016, 01:20:03 am »

Kind of an ironic name huh?

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107487 on: August 12, 2016, 03:33:01 am »

Someone threw a water bottle at me while driving down the road, not totally sure why. Also they clearly work somewhere in the same building as me.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #107488 on: August 12, 2016, 03:45:43 am »

There's been a few odd cases of water bottle throwing lately hasn't there...

Two weird things keep happening to me right now though, to be a bit on topic. First off... I keep seeing light from under the door like someone is turning the light on in the living room, it's... Weird and unsettling, especially since owlga says nothing is going on like that. So I'm seeing things right now, greaattt.....

Second, I was playing Tyrian and appeared to be approaching an ultimate showdown of sorts, and then there was another, and another. What exactly is going on, is this some kinda marathon session?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107489 on: August 12, 2016, 04:38:35 am »

Two weird things keep happening to me right now though, to be a bit on topic. First off... I keep seeing light from under the door like someone is turning the light on in the living room, it's... Weird and unsettling, especially since owlga says nothing is going on like that. So I'm seeing things right now, greaattt.....

Could be a light from outside. I've got a problem with a light from the house across the street from the house behind ours that shines directly onto the head of my bed(ie my face).

I also discovered Microsoft doesn't like winhlp, the program for opening windows help files, anymore.

That's been like that for the better part of a decade or more. Going as far back as Vista, it was never included with the operating system. Still not sure why, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 7164 7165 [7166] 7167 7168 ... 11037