Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6954 6955 [6956] 6957 6958 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471829 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #104325 on: June 15, 2016, 09:39:24 pm »

So, the last time I was here, this thread was about weird animu archetypes and... Being at war with things, or something.

Now I come back and its become mostly a discussion on lolis with no pants and level of pantless in different anime.

Weird times.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vote Temp 2016 to #banallanime
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:41:20 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104326 on: June 15, 2016, 09:54:06 pm »

Yeah, guys, we have an anime thread for that kind of stuff.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104327 on: June 15, 2016, 09:57:21 pm »

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104328 on: June 15, 2016, 10:03:00 pm »

I think my mother confirmed that that girl likes me without my mom actually realizing it :o
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104329 on: June 15, 2016, 10:03:41 pm »

Kden.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104330 on: June 15, 2016, 10:04:55 pm »

I think my mother confirmed that that girl likes me without my mom actually realizing it :o
How? Also, good for you.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104331 on: June 15, 2016, 10:13:04 pm »

My mom ends up meeting a lot of parents due to working at a different school. Apparently, she met someone today whose daughter likes me enough to mention me in casual conversation, and upon meeting my mom she shared this information.

The part where my mom doesn't realize it is that she doesn't remember the woman's name exactly, but the last name of the girl I like is the closest name of a person I know to the estimation given by my mother.

Get hype when I see her in a couple months, I suppose.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104332 on: June 15, 2016, 10:28:31 pm »

My mom ends up meeting a lot of parents due to working at a different school. Apparently, she met someone today whose daughter likes me enough to mention me in casual conversation, and upon meeting my mom she shared this information.

The part where my mom doesn't realize it is that she doesn't remember the woman's name exactly, but the last name of the girl I like is the closest name of a person I know to the estimation given by my mother.

Get hype when I see her in a couple months, I suppose.

why wait?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104333 on: June 15, 2016, 10:30:04 pm »

It's a few years into the war in the first series, IIRC. Plenty of time for any such impact to take place, and I can easily see the folks in charge of uniforms for the exact group of people that they're drawing the Witches from (witches in that universe drop drastically in magical power after reaching maturity, so they need early teen girls for their war) modeling the uniforms on what the Witches wear.

This is all fan speculation anyway, as they never establish it in the show. Makes sense, though.

EDIT: I was wrong. This appears to actually be the official explanation given in the supplemental material. They generally can't wear pants while flying, because their legs are in an alternate dimension while they're wearing their flight unit, and idolization is why it spread to most women.

The question I always had was that, if their legs can go into the alternate dimension in their jet-legs just fine, why can't they wear skintight leggings? Seems like even that would be better than bare skin when you're flying around at high speeds. Must be cold as shit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104334 on: June 15, 2016, 10:38:13 pm »

The show has one of those less interesting 'if you have magic you better use it before you stop looking like a teenager or you're going to run out!' sets of magic, I'd just assume they have some magic effect keeping it not-cold and its one of the things that ends up fizzling out once they hit some age.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #104335 on: June 16, 2016, 03:02:38 am »

Maybe he doesn't know what the word shoujo means in this context.
To confirm: a piece of Japanese media that has girls as its primary demographic? In the generic anime I presented as a set of instructions, I implied that "you" are simply the love interest of the female protagonist, who is one of the harem members. If I wrote that story completely, I'd definitely direct it at girls.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104336 on: June 16, 2016, 03:31:37 am »

Anyone ever see a ultimate weapon in a show or piece of fiction and you took one look at it, saw what it could do, and just go "Are you suuure?"

I mean there is Gundam Wing where yeah they proved exactly why the Gundams were such a huge deal what with one being able to take down the entire mobilized military of a country.

Or heck that... hmm that would be a spoiler...

Yet sometimes I think writers forget that there is still a sort of strength in numbers... and treat a really powerful weapon as if it could somehow be everywhere at once.

I am watching this one series where the heroes are just COMPLETELY outmatched... if the villain would ever send more then one monster at a time... or a fleet... or an army. (I won't fill this in... because it could be anything. Am I talking about Power Rangers? Sailor Moon? Voltron? Batman? who knows!)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #104337 on: June 16, 2016, 03:40:54 am »

Conservation of Ninjutsu. Each side only has a limited amount of Ninjutsu to share between its fighters, so if you send two against one, they both fight at half strength. Send thousand against one, and they'll fall like hay. Fiction (both Eastern and Western) often forgets that in many fights the objective isn't to defeat your opponent, but to reach some objective behind them, which is where an army would prevail over single combatants.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104338 on: June 16, 2016, 04:35:05 am »

Speaking of -deres, https://www.quotev.com/quiz/7843231/Which-Dere-Are-You-ACCURATE

I got "deredere" :V

Have we done this before?
Kuudere. Huh.

Coodere. I guess fairly close, but sure as hell not the "but can burst into tears any moment" part.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104339 on: June 16, 2016, 04:42:01 am »

Maybe he doesn't know what the word shoujo means in this context.
To confirm: a piece of Japanese media that has girls as its primary demographic? In the generic anime I presented as a set of instructions, I implied that "you" are simply the love interest of the female protagonist, who is one of the harem members. If I wrote that story completely, I'd definitely direct it at girls.

But series with a female main character don't have a harem of other girls and one male character. They have the female MC, and a range of men that are interested her. I said "men" here not boys for a reason too. The profile of the character you presented doesn't match the typical shoujo dudes at all. They tend to be rich, good looking and a little older than the girl. i.e. one girl being fought over by half a dozen romance novel heroes. Harems of all girls only exist in publications aimed at male readers, with male MCs.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:53:50 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 6954 6955 [6956] 6957 6958 ... 11037