Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6903 6904 [6905] 6906 6907 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468140 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103560 on: June 03, 2016, 08:16:09 pm »

Seriously though, I just chuckle whenever anyone mentions History Channel.
History Channel has a bunch of good stuff too, it's just mixed in with the kooky stuff. I remember once watching a thing about the Battle of Britain, only to come back half an hour later to some guy saying that random stone structures in Canada were evidence of super advanced pre-Indian civilisations and government coverups.

If you believe we were seeded by aliens in some sort of endeavor to create crossbreds/experiments/clones of themselves, than suggesting that we could crossbreed enough to have their dna is ... not the most batshit thing ever.
Sounds pretty batshit to me
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #103561 on: June 03, 2016, 08:19:31 pm »

History Channel has a bunch of good stuff too, it's just mixed in with the kooky stuff. I remember once watching a thing about the Battle of Britain, only to come back half an hour later to some guy saying that random stone structures in Canada were evidence of super advanced pre-Indian civilisations and government coverups.
In all fairness, their WW2 stuff is actually quite solid. I guess there's less room for ayys there. Hitler was in league with nazi aliens!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #103562 on: June 03, 2016, 08:21:26 pm »

Today I discovered that one of the doctors at the local urgent care clinic is, well...

He's a bit of a kook. He asked me what book I was reading (Ciaphas Cain: HERO OF THE IMPERIUM, for those curious), and when I explained that it was sci-fi he recommended that I check out the Ancient Aliens program on the "History" channel. I thought he was recommending some science fiction of his own, but he, in all apparent seriousness, informed me that the show had several PhDs on it (so they must be telling the truth) and described how modern humans are alien hybrids.

I'm going to be as charitable as possible and assume that he's competent enough in his own field and that his "theories" are relatively harmless nuttiness.
...did he happen to be named Ben Carson?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103563 on: June 03, 2016, 08:32:57 pm »

If you believe we were seeded by aliens in some sort of endeavor to create crossbreds/experiments/clones of themselves, than suggesting that we could crossbreed enough to have their dna is ... not the most batshit thing ever.
Sounds pretty batshit to me

So does invisible matter purely created to satisfy current hypothetical physics models.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103564 on: June 03, 2016, 08:37:28 pm »

So does invisible matter purely created to satisfy current hypothetical physics models.
There's a difference between making something up to explain evidence and making something up in the absence of evidence
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103565 on: June 03, 2016, 08:37:59 pm »

Hey, Im just being the devil's aide
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103566 on: June 03, 2016, 08:42:32 pm »

My science teacher had a cold last week. He sneezed once. Not twice, once.

I'm pretty sure that's conclusive evidence of the existence of undercover aliens. Only an extremely highly advanced life-form could fend of the second sneeze.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103567 on: June 03, 2016, 08:47:07 pm »

Hah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103568 on: June 03, 2016, 08:48:08 pm »

A smarter mercenary would tell their employer about the offer and get them to pay triple.
That is if there isn't a risk of their employer killing them instead of paying more.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103569 on: June 03, 2016, 08:49:36 pm »

A smarter mercenary would tell their employer about the offer and get them to pay triple.
That is if there isn't a risk of their employer killing them instead of paying more.
The that employer is murdered in the night by another mercenary in their lay because they cease to be trustworthy. Otherwise, no more mercenaries ever. 't ain't worth it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #103570 on: June 03, 2016, 08:52:16 pm »

Usually, employer needs mercenaries because they can't do the fighting themselves for some reason.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103571 on: June 03, 2016, 08:55:00 pm »

I thought we're still talking fiction. In which, you know, the employer is some reincarnated dark emperor who can only be slain by a child of pure heart.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103572 on: June 03, 2016, 08:57:21 pm »

I thought we're still talking fiction. In which, you know, the employer is some reincarnated dark emperor who can only be slain by a child of pure heart.
A child of pure heart is one untouched by greed. Money is their kryptonite. The employer simply needs to wear armor made of money, it's a full proof plan!
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103573 on: June 03, 2016, 08:59:58 pm »

A child of pure heart is one untouched by greed. Money is their kryptonite. The employer simply needs to wear armor made of money, it's a full proof plan!

I like to say that the bare minimum to have a pure heart is to be without hatred (well hatred of anyone).

Though goodness there are quite a few definitions... From being "Pure", untempted by sex, which is incredibly rare (ACES and Children)... To being "Untempted" which is outright impossible.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:03:32 pm by Neonivek »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103574 on: June 03, 2016, 09:05:14 pm »

I like to say that the bare minimum to have a pure heart is to be without hatred (well hatred of anyone).

Though goodness there are quite a few definitions... From being "Pure", untempted by sex, which is incredibly rare (ACES and Children)... To being "Untempted" which is outright impossible.
That's more or less fiction for you. It's like Goku apparently being pure back when he was a kid, even though he hurt a lot of people. Though I suppose prior to him growing up he didn't really kill any of them.

Alternatively, he was animalistically dumb. Now, I want to see a fantasy story where the bad guy gets killed by a dog.

Pages: 1 ... 6903 6904 [6905] 6906 6907 ... 11037