Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6905 6906 [6907] 6908 6909 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467231 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103590 on: June 04, 2016, 05:42:26 am »

Spoiler: WARNING: CANNOT UNSEE (click to show/hide)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103591 on: June 04, 2016, 06:52:16 am »

"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #103592 on: June 04, 2016, 07:28:36 am »

In the dark, mysterious days of 2004, there was a flash movie called Fallen Angel: Teaser. It was amazing—not your typical Newgrounds fare, it looked like professional animation. Four minutes of glory, and the promise of more to come. Then, nothing but silence from the mysterious creator.

The next movie wouldn't come out for four more years, with a three-part first episode. Although kinda disappointing, people were just excited to see it again.

The next movie didn't come out for another seven years, with nothing but silence from the author in this time. This time it's 3D animated, with an all-new look for the main character, and once again, nothing but silence since its release.

I'm glad the guy has dedication, but I have to wonder what he's been working on by himself for eleven years since 2004 (and presumably years before that). What kind of mind-blowing story does he have locked away? Why is he so driven to produce this pretty much by himself, to the point that he's only been able to release five short animations in over a decade? Why hasn't he taken it to Kickstarter or Patreon?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103593 on: June 04, 2016, 07:53:22 am »

I'm glad the guy has dedication, but I have to wonder what he's been working on by himself for eleven years since 2004 (and presumably years before that). What kind of mind-blowing story does he have locked away? Why is he so driven to produce this pretty much by himself, to the point that he's only been able to release five short animations in over a decade? Why hasn't he taken it to Kickstarter or Patreon?

Without looking anything up specifically, I assume this is all handily explained by the guy in question having an actual job, with a full production being unmanageable without sacrificing a lot of things he'd really rather keep around, like family and stability and generally being satisfied with how things are working out.

Not to mention that a whole lot of ideas are a lot cooler if they never come to pass and never get the opportunity to fall short of expectations. Like Jodorowsky's Dune, for instance.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #103594 on: June 04, 2016, 08:08:33 am »

So I've noticed a bit of a pattern in some of my recent dreams. Usually something horrible would happen, doesn't matter what exactly, just that it's something you want to run the hell away from as fast as you can. And every time I try I appear to be running in slow motion, like, I feel the sluggishness of my legs, as if moving trough a very thick liquid. Rather unsettling really.

Also I seem to be smoking in my dreams again, not sure what that is about.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103595 on: June 04, 2016, 08:13:45 am »

Oh man I had those maybe a week or few ago. Was not great.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103596 on: June 04, 2016, 09:10:16 am »

I had a dream where i was making a game called Crash and Dash racers (C&D for short) and it was a kart racer with completely random roster of copyrighted characters.
From the top of my head i remember Garrosh Hellscream, TotalBiscuit, Pewdiepie, Crash Bandicoot and Rainbow Dash.

From what i remember i planned to put the game on steam and support steam workshop and attempt to circumvent the copyrights by literally replacing the characters with misnamed MS Paint drawings and having a "Mod" uploaded by a secondary account that replaces them with actual characters.
And to make the copyright infringement complete the racetrack was literally the streets of Stormwind with most of it covered by white bed sheets.

EDIT: Also i finally learned the joys of (mostly) lossless video compression. Now instead of uploadind 6Gb to youtube i only upload 2.3Gb How in hell i managed to miss that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:21:15 am by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103597 on: June 04, 2016, 11:28:34 am »

DANG IT!!! The entire reason I bought a 3ds (other then making sure my brother got to play it) which was Dragon Quest Joker 3 isn't coming to the West. Ok it still can but it is incredibly unlikely and I am not going to rely on "Way of the Samurai" luck.

Now I have a 3ds but what games are even on this system? >_<

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103598 on: June 04, 2016, 11:33:36 am »

Once upon a time Dragon Quest IV was a thing we excited discussed at my elementary school  >.<

And the differences between the japanese and american releases.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103599 on: June 04, 2016, 11:35:25 am »

DANG IT!!! The entire reason I bought a 3ds (other then making sure my brother got to play it) which was Dragon Quest Joker 3 isn't coming to the West. Ok it still can but it is incredibly unlikely and I am not going to rely on "Way of the Samurai" luck.

Now I have a 3ds but what games are even on this system? >_<

I guess you'll just have to learn japanese and buy it overseas! (If it's not region locked, ha ha)

But seriously, I'm sure there are some games. I'm sure there are lots of pokemons. Or maybe play Radiant Historia. I don't know, I don't have a 3ds.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103600 on: June 04, 2016, 11:38:23 am »

It is Region Locked

Radiant Historia is DS.

And I am waiting for "Pokémon Sun and Moon: The Good version"

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103601 on: June 04, 2016, 11:42:19 am »

Just get an emulator and stick it to the man.
And learn japanese of course (unless it's out in the EU that is)
Self promotion below.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103602 on: June 04, 2016, 11:43:01 am »

Nonsense.  Wait for a fan-made translation patch.  Itll only be like 6 years.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103603 on: June 04, 2016, 11:45:27 am »

Can't you run DS games on the 3DS?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103604 on: June 04, 2016, 11:46:43 am »

Just get an emulator and stick it to the man.
And learn japanese of course (unless it's out in the EU that is)

No 3ds Emulator in existence.

Nonsense.  Wait for a fan-made translation patch.  Itll only be like 6 years.

Actually apparently they are making headway. But like HECK I am going to buy a second 3ds just for one game.

Can't you run DS games on the 3DS?

Yes :P but I had a DS before a 3ds :P I'd like to actually get some 3ds use out of it.
Pages: 1 ... 6905 6906 [6907] 6908 6909 ... 11037