Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6901 6902 [6903] 6904 6905 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468279 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103530 on: June 02, 2016, 10:43:17 pm »

...You know, with Trump, I'm surprised more people haven't.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103531 on: June 02, 2016, 10:53:38 pm »

I added some diagnostic command line output to figure out why an iterator wasn't counting up and it started writing smiley faces.

You tried to cast an integer to a char, yeah? Use itoa or printf or cout or w/e instead.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #103532 on: June 03, 2016, 12:02:28 am »

American politics is constant WTF, I can easily understand someone making that mistake
This presidential election year is pretty batshit crazy even for American politics.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103533 on: June 03, 2016, 01:26:00 am »

My WTF is that the Ameripol thread got confused for this very thread...
Heh, yeah oops...  I guess I'm used to this occasionally becoming the social issues thread, whereas Ameripol focuses more on politicians or ironically foreign issues.  Usually.

My new WTF is that someone noticed and bothered to comment on it :P  Though I haven't caught up with the thread, so for all I know I bizarrely derailed the steaming argument into something else.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #103534 on: June 03, 2016, 03:10:23 am »

I'm watching Samurai Jack and I came upon that one episode where Jack runs into some villagers who had their village destroyed by robot bandits.

Man, who thought of that one? I wanna shake their hand.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103535 on: June 03, 2016, 04:14:11 am »

I added some diagnostic command line output to figure out why an iterator wasn't counting up and it started writing smiley faces.

IBM compatible machines might use this character set to draw things cast to char in a console:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_437

Note the smileys for ascii values 1 and 2. The issue was definitely some numbers improperly cast to display as char.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103536 on: June 03, 2016, 07:03:31 am »

The new AMD GPU is going to be a cheap-ish 1 6pin made for use with SLI setups.
meaning AMD is pushing multi GPU setups as an answer to GTX 1080.

Still 1 6-pin with what probably is 75% of the power a 1070 is going to have priced at $199.

The hardware wars are not the complete curb stomp i expected after the 1080 came out.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:05:40 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103537 on: June 03, 2016, 08:07:16 am »

I see Mercenaries in fiction often getting bribed to either stop or switch sides... but often for something paltry like "double what your being paid"

I have to seriously question though the business sense it would be to basically advertise that you will betray your employer for more money.

At least offer a ridiculous sum that will let them live the rest of their life in luxury... Not "Double what they are being paid" which is essentially the price of two jobs... which they will need once people stop hiring them.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103538 on: June 03, 2016, 08:44:57 am »

If they're already being paid an exorbitant amount, or if their employer has already shown traits which would make them want to switch sides, then it could be a decent idea.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #103539 on: June 03, 2016, 09:02:49 am »

There was a time when paying mercenaries to switch sides was fairly common, and all major mercenary groups were known to do so occasionally. This was considered an expected risk of using them. Once a few major groups earned a reputation for not betraying their employers, the rest started to fade away.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #103540 on: June 03, 2016, 09:18:56 am »

A smarter mercenary would tell their employer about the offer and get them to pay triple.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103541 on: June 03, 2016, 10:27:35 am »

Heh, yeah oops...  I guess I'm used to this occasionally becoming the social issues thread, whereas Ameripol focuses more on politicians or ironically foreign issues.  Usually.

My new WTF is that someone noticed and bothered to comment on it :P  Though I haven't caught up with the thread, so for all I know I bizarrely derailed the steaming argument into something else.
I see all.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103542 on: June 03, 2016, 10:30:03 am »

My WTF is that I have 26 pages of being quoted in the WTF Thread.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #103543 on: June 03, 2016, 10:31:09 am »

I see all.  ;P
Now all you need is to know all and be all. Soon you will be the pat-God.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #103544 on: June 03, 2016, 11:00:35 am »

Thing is, in past times it was not just mercenaries switching employers, the contrary happened as well. Look at what happened to Roger de Flor, for instance (with hilarious consequences)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 6901 6902 [6903] 6904 6905 ... 11037