Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6779 6780 [6781] 6782 6783 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14422318 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101700 on: May 03, 2016, 09:14:34 am »

Umm... it kinda is.
It's the overall aesthetic as well as a fairly nebulous style of music. Think rickroll with more annoying sound effects. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101701 on: May 03, 2016, 09:25:05 am »

Uhh, I don't think I can vaporwave. As an old-school punk, I've done my share of terrible music, I like things that sound good now.

Have one of the all-time Australian greats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYbh8hXpQqY

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101702 on: May 03, 2016, 09:48:16 am »

Animal blood is not kosher and human blood is not exactly kosher (or it is), unless (or never) the blood is lost in some other substance and is lost in some other food. Therefore a Jewish vampire would not be able to drink human blood without violating the Halachah, or without arguing that since blood and milk from humans is kosher but meat is not, that the fact that specific exception is drawn to them overrules all things coming from forbidden beings being a thing. Depending on how to play this on the interpretation that it is kosher or that it is only kosher if lost in food, a kosher vampire would either be pretty much the same as a normal vampire only they would feed exclusively on people (no Cullen vegan bullshit) or the other way to have an unambiguously kosher Vampire would presumably to have it eat human black pudding or some other kind of blood sausage. Or it could be a bad kosher vampire D:<
Admittedly I do find something rather endearing about such a character. Also of note is that any meat in the black pudding would have to be cow beef as human flesh is not kosher.
Right I was basically taking that technically that human blood is kosher, and ignoring the intent (because, I'm playing a vampire).
We didn't actually consider the animal blood thing, thanks!  That's definitely nonkosher, and might come up since I'm trying to be niceish to humans for now.

At one point the GM argued that only humans who ate kosher (and possibly avoided dairy) would be kosher themselves, so I would need to feed off other Jews to be safe.  I successfully argued against that, though...  The rule seems intended for animals I raise myself, not "wild" ones.  More importantly, preying exclusively on Jews would be strongly against the 10 commandments (I'd be stealing from and possibly murdering other Jews, big no-no).

Though now I'm beginning to cultivate an unsuspecting herd in our condo building, and will be subtly manipulating them to be kosher as possible.  We are effected by intoxicants in blood, so I think taking this initiative shows the greatest respect for Jewish law (through the lens of being, you know, a fricken vampire).

Also one of our party members is a fishmalk who is sometimes possessed by a millenia-old personality named Lilith...  Yeah...

She claims that the Abrahamic origin story is nonsense but what the hell does she know, she's crazy.  Or at best an evil temptress...  Definitely crazy though.  (In this setting, New World of Darkness, she's probably right.  Cain and all are no longer canon.  Only Baba Yaga survived the reboot, heehee)

If it seems weird that a vampire would care about any of this, it's because he's trying desperately to hold on to his humanity.  He's been complicit in a lot of savage shit already, and observing his faith (particularly inconveniently) seems like a natural way to retain self-control.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101703 on: May 03, 2016, 11:22:52 am »

I might one day survive long enough to be entrenched in 'old values' that are counter to the new-fangled values of the next few generations down the line.

@Newer Kairosoft games.  Holy crap, they've gone heavy on the pay to play model.  Previous games, you just pay one time and get to binge on as much as you like.
High Seas Saga:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:30:08 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #101705 on: May 03, 2016, 11:49:08 am »

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=209563

welp
but then they couldn't call it eurovision since more than europeans can see it

right?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101706 on: May 03, 2016, 01:05:36 pm »

Er, apparently "4" is no longer a person.
Black lives matter.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #101707 on: May 03, 2016, 01:08:16 pm »

But was he a person in the first place?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #101708 on: May 03, 2016, 01:18:50 pm »

But was he a person in the first place?
He is not a number, he is a free man!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101709 on: May 03, 2016, 02:32:40 pm »

"4" was the new account of Nunzillor, who has now unpersoned themselves twice, for mysterious and somewhat nebulous reasons.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101710 on: May 03, 2016, 02:34:04 pm »

I'm worried about Nunzillor...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101711 on: May 03, 2016, 02:59:18 pm »

Meh. People choose to leave for whatever reason. Spending eight hours a day on Bay12 isn't terribly healthy so you can sort of understand why some people would favour the amputation approach.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101712 on: May 03, 2016, 03:36:43 pm »

"4" was the new account of Nunzillor, who has now unpersoned themselves twice, for mysterious and somewhat nebulous reasons.
This makes as much sense as neonivek saying he can't do something with the b12 discord because his secret account is not his secret account. Or something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #101713 on: May 03, 2016, 03:49:29 pm »

Your job description is 4 dense pages, maybe a little of 5 legitimately. Only one page resumes accepted.

??? Figures.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101714 on: May 03, 2016, 03:51:26 pm »

I have a resume that I notate as "abridged." Maybe that'll help?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 6779 6780 [6781] 6782 6783 ... 11039