Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6778 6779 [6780] 6781 6782 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14421830 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101685 on: May 02, 2016, 05:58:32 pm »

Rome gave us city planning and Biggus Dickus.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #101686 on: May 02, 2016, 06:46:54 pm »

What about latin as a common language between those exposed to/formerly a part of the empire?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #101687 on: May 02, 2016, 06:51:14 pm »

Yeah, but besides the rule of law, water sanitation, culture, education, public safety, roads, and civil engineering, what have the Romans ever done for us?
Banterus
Bam, bas, bat, banter, bantis, bant
I somehow managed to post this wrong thread

Rome gave us city planning and Biggus Dickus.
Is city planning a euphemism for deleting people

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101688 on: May 02, 2016, 07:46:31 pm »

Is city planning a euphemism for deleting people

No it's an euphemism for bombing Poland and leveling Warsaw so good that hydrants were the tallest buildings for quite a while.
All just to make space for the largest Kaufland in europe 50 years down the line.

Those wacky nazis.
Oh wait we're talking about romans right?

Umm...
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101689 on: May 02, 2016, 08:41:37 pm »

Things I learned from Bay12: Romulus founded the Nazi Party.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101690 on: May 03, 2016, 02:57:12 am »

Ugh, after a day of binge-playing Resident Evil 5, I find myself with a nasty sinus infection. It's bad enough that I couldn't sleep. Also, it seems a day of binge-playing Resident Evil 5 has also transformed me into a bit of a RE fanboi, and that's a worse disease I'll need to cure myself of.

Goddamnit, I have to go to work in a few hours.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101691 on: May 03, 2016, 03:44:22 am »

I had a nice nap from 1AM to 2AM at which point I woke up to persistent Skype beeping.  Turns out my tabletop group was discussing my assertion that human blood is kosher, for my Jewish vampire in VtR.

We ended up talking about that for 90 minutes, with several references, and found a fascinating set of audio lectures that our GM is determined to listen to.
we kinda didn't answer the actual question but i think i argued it well enough to pass?

So then around 4AM I spent some experience points on a brilliant, *always* a great idea, gosh I wonder why it's taking me so long to save up for Obfuscate 4 :P

And now we're reading the free Dudes Of Legend expansion book.  Which is basically White Wolf going full tsundere on april 1 and taking the piss out of their game and their fans.  And look, I know these are professional writers who can effect an affectation... or uh, whatever...  but I'm actually convinced they wrote this drunk.  It's very well written, actually!  But the rambling meter of it is just extremely familiar to me.  The outrageous sense of "humor" too.

If they weren't constantly claiming to be drunk, I'd be entirely convinced they were.

"It's time to drop curtain on your uncertain" is definitely something I'm going to find opportunity to quote.  And soon.  Er, maybe I just did?
Anyway I am really tripping on sleepiness right now, so I should probably go back to sleep.  Just...  Wow though.  I never needed alcohol, the trip was within my circadian rhythm all along.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:13:12 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #101692 on: May 03, 2016, 04:17:07 am »

Animal blood is not kosher and human blood is not exactly kosher (or it is), unless (or never) the blood is lost in some other substance and is lost in some other food. Therefore a Jewish vampire would not be able to drink human blood without violating the Halachah, or without arguing that since blood and milk from humans is kosher but meat is not, that the fact that specific exception is drawn to them overrules all things coming from forbidden beings being a thing. Depending on how to play this on the interpretation that it is kosher or that it is only kosher if lost in food, a kosher vampire would either be pretty much the same as a normal vampire only they would feed exclusively on people (no Cullen vegan bullshit) or the other way to have an unambiguously kosher Vampire would presumably to have it eat human black pudding or some other kind of blood sausage. Or it could be a bad kosher vampire D:<
Admittedly I do find something rather endearing about such a character. Also of note is that any meat in the black pudding would have to be cow beef as human flesh is not kosher.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #101693 on: May 03, 2016, 04:27:54 am »

Quote from: A drunk writer finally letting go, or a genius of the craft
Lesbian strippers whipping off their trenchcoats
only to reveal a katana tucked delicately in a garter or g-string?
Is that a reference to that quest in VtM: Bloodlines where a peep show dancer turns out to be a vampire hunter and pulls a katana out of her lingerie?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #101694 on: May 03, 2016, 04:56:12 am »

VtM was a leg game

Leg as in legendary, not leg as in limb

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101695 on: May 03, 2016, 05:09:00 am »

Ledge?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101696 on: May 03, 2016, 06:30:24 am »

My leg seems to cramp often. Nothing like waking up feeling like your calf is trying to rip itself right off your leg.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #101697 on: May 03, 2016, 08:54:16 am »

I am continuously amazed by how deeply people read in to vaporwave. It's like a parody of the entire concept of literary analysis.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101698 on: May 03, 2016, 09:01:17 am »

What do you mean?
A bunch of my friends have been infected with the vapourwave virus. I don't think they exactly read deeply into it, I think it's just an amusing thing that was started off by one friend, who was already into comically tacky retro stuff, and has now become a habit for them and a bit of a running joke.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101699 on: May 03, 2016, 09:12:10 am »

Vaporwave sounds like it should be the name of a music genre.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 6778 6779 [6780] 6781 6782 ... 11039