Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6220 6221 [6222] 6223 6224 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438670 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93315 on: January 06, 2016, 10:21:15 am »

I know only of one use for ceiling mirrors.

Wait, the upper boards look down on us? Why?
Because, we're no longer about the Game.
Whilst we scorn them for not yet having discovered the People.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:22:56 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93316 on: January 06, 2016, 10:24:54 am »

I just plain don't get why board section rivalry is a thing. I mostly hang out in the FG and RTD sections, but I still play DF and fiddle around with minor modding to add races I'm interested in playing or mechanics that I think would be fun. ((Ever make the boiling point of blood 1 degree?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93317 on: January 06, 2016, 10:29:34 am »

Because FGRP is a cancerous mass of spamming posts and unnecessary drama which spills over to here, and the upper boards are full of shit forced memes.
LB master race, foreigners go home.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93318 on: January 06, 2016, 10:46:29 am »

I spend a decent amount of time on the upper boards when a new version is out.  FGRP doesn't appeal to me.  Never cared for role play stuff.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #93319 on: January 06, 2016, 10:51:50 am »

Because FGRP is a cancerous mass of spamming posts and unnecessary drama which spills over to here, and the upper boards are full of shit forced memes.
Except mafia board. Mostly by virtue of being self-contained and don't needing no other boards.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93320 on: January 06, 2016, 10:52:36 am »

keas

they steal shit

and know how to use tools

...have you never played a fort with keas as part of the wildlife?

Keas have literally ended more of my fortresses then any other thing (other then maybe boredom). Those hellish bastards are far worse then all the other animals that have supposedly plagued DF over the years. At least things like elephants are land bound.

Also on the board thing, yeah. The hate is funny. I've heard bad things about nearly every board: GD has awful drama and political threads that are filled with assholes being assholes to each other.(you might say that FG&RPing has drama, but most of the people who get banned or pulled toadies attention do so in GD). FG&RPing is a shitshow of people doing poorly written rping (or erping) with each other at 100 posts per minute (burying any content of actual worth). RTD is like a worse FG&RPing for people who aren't able to understand complex things like 'rules' (except for the new horror of the 'freeform' rpgs). Mafia is just assholes arguing about nothing. The upper boards are full of children sprouting shitty memes. Other projects is ded except for other games. I don't know if there's anything stereotypical awful about other games, but I suppose not knowing it just means I'm part of whatever wrong with it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93321 on: January 06, 2016, 11:10:03 am »

I feel like I'm receiving peer pressure from two fictional (well, semi-fictional) characters right now. It's kind of odd.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93322 on: January 06, 2016, 11:14:17 am »

I haven't noticed any real problems with Other Games.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93323 on: January 06, 2016, 11:18:59 am »

I like FGRP less now than I did once.
Which is amusing because it used to be mostly roleplay, and now it's mostly suggestion games.
But also probably because I'm a sentimental old coot.

Except mafia board. Mostly by virtue of being self-contained and don't needing no other boards.
ER is nice too, usually.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93324 on: January 06, 2016, 11:31:58 am »

I have about 1k posts in the upper boards, but then I stopped because people yell at each other over the dumbest shit. Lots of "Stop Having Fun Guys" up there. I have less than 1k posts in FGRP, and I plan on keeping it that way. A couple of times, I've tried to run forum games for them to eventually die off. The vast majority of my posts in "Play With Your Buddies," are Halfway Haus and XCom related.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93325 on: January 06, 2016, 11:33:41 am »

I mean, they're ignoring punctuation while roleplaying, writing speech: punctuation is used to convey stuff that can only be done verbally!
well you only sometimes actually need to convey that stuff

of course when you do you really do

for instance that time i helped my uncle, jack, off a horse
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93326 on: January 06, 2016, 11:37:57 am »

I mean, they're ignoring punctuation while roleplaying, writing speech: punctuation is used to convey stuff that can only be done verbally!
well you only sometimes actually need to convey that stuff

of course when you do you really do

for instance that time i helped my uncle, jack, off a horse

But you can forget about semicolons; nobody uses them properly.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93327 on: January 06, 2016, 11:53:12 am »

I'm starting to notice some pretty hectic spelling going on with this forum recently.

Is that a generational thing?

Yes & no. My spelling used to be pretty good back when I was writing regularly with pen & paper. These days I don't write, it's either typing on a phone or computer & my spelling is atrocious (for instance I just wrote "writting" & "atroscious"). The fact that I don't have to write in a professional (ug. proffessional) or academic setting, likely makes a difference too.

Edit: Hmm, okay. I just tried an experiment. My spelling is still fine if I write with pen & paper. I wrote about half a page & then copied it into a word processor. Zero spelling errors.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:12:41 pm by wobbly »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #93328 on: January 06, 2016, 11:55:29 am »

I dont get what your all about i dont notice a single eror anywhere
This is what I imagine you were saying as you wrote that.
I'm an evil, evil being. After all, I like cats for being dicks so I am proably a dick myself.
Though honestly, it was more of this, even if I don't claim to actually be good at it, I learned the language from internet, ffs.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93329 on: January 06, 2016, 11:56:23 am »

But you can forget about semicolons; nobody uses them properly.
Indeed, the worst misuse of a semicolon is when you are doing tech support and need to get someone to a certain website and you end up with the dreaded "http;//".

I never really did much RP.  I played dnd back in the day, but we were more about the stats.  I did play in the old Battle of the Gods threads twice If I recall, but I doubt I was even remotely close to being the most interesting player, and I think that was before FGRP was a thing.

@Spelling:  I try to get my point across, but I am no professional writer.  If I make a mistake and it's not caught by spellcheck, it probably stays.  I figure that if you don't write for a living there's no reason to fret over it too much.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6220 6221 [6222] 6223 6224 ... 11040