Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6218 6219 [6220] 6221 6222 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433596 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93285 on: January 06, 2016, 01:37:01 am »

Tabletop, local or online?

The answer varies depending.

Tabletop.
Then the answer is 'don't be a dick'.
Overpowered characters are just as un-fun for players and GM as awful, stupidly-built ones.
Either way it forces them to either scale up or scale down every fight, and if it's a homebrew they're gonna have to go out of their way to get something which'll negate your special thing which makes you awesome.

However, if the thing you're getting is a bunch of useful out-of-combat stuff like lockpicking and whatnot, then hey, why not. It's less about overshadowing and more about having an extra person in case one of you rolls badly.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93286 on: January 06, 2016, 01:42:43 am »

That & most American (or Australian etc.) chocolate isn't legally chocolate (it's confectionary) in a lot of Europe because the % of cocoa is too low. In a sense it's more sugared vegetable oil then chocolate.
Spoiler: Go big or go home (click to show/hide)
90%? Bah. 100% is where it's at. Literally eating baking chocolate. No, I'm not kidding.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93287 on: January 06, 2016, 01:53:44 am »

Firstly, Cocoa butter is sweet sugary king.
Secondly, the last time I got my hands on Belgian chocolate, it basically vaporized in the heat.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93288 on: January 06, 2016, 02:22:11 am »

That & most American (or Australian etc.) chocolate isn't legally chocolate (it's confectionary) in a lot of Europe because the % of cocoa is too low. In a sense it's more sugared vegetable oil then chocolate.
Spoiler: Go big or go home (click to show/hide)
90%? Bah. 100% is where it's at. Literally eating baking chocolate. No, I'm not kidding.
IIRC it was so chalky it was dusty, and intensely bitter.  Kinda interesting to nibble small bits though?  Meh, I'm happy with Hershey's "dark".  Or better yet the co-op stuff my family used to get, which I think was 70-80%.

That reminds me...  Fresh ground peanut butter is to die for.  There were these machines which manually dispensed it like ice cream into your container, no salt or sugar, warm from the grinding.  It was amazing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93289 on: January 06, 2016, 02:23:08 am »

DANG there are a lot of Heidi movies...

and yet I already have my favorite one and which ones I think were lousy.

But I am frankly fascinated because each one REALLY focuses on a different aspect of the story and makes things up.

One focuses on Heidi's relationship with her Grandfather, another focuses on her life in the city, and another has an oddly religious turn that I hope isn't in the real book.

I actually think it is incredibly interesting to take the same piece of fiction, and not one with a billion versions like most fairytales, and see how multiple people made it.

What is kind of funny is most of them try to weasel their way out of the Boring/bad parts of the book in different ways.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:24:53 am by Neonivek »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93290 on: January 06, 2016, 02:27:59 am »

I've eaten baker's chocolate before, it's not a good taste but it is a fairly interesting one. I can see how people experimented with it enough to create the more edible forms.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #93291 on: January 06, 2016, 02:30:09 am »

I've eaten baker's chocolate before, it's not a good taste but it is a fairly interesting one. I can see how people experimented with it enough to create the more edible forms.

You apparently have the second-longest time logged on to the forums.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93292 on: January 06, 2016, 02:37:42 am »

I also like cooking chocolate, chocolate is meant to taste bitter just like coffee. A bit of sugar in it is good but if it tastes sweet you're just hiding the flavour.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93293 on: January 06, 2016, 02:38:54 am »

Yes, I know.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93294 on: January 06, 2016, 02:43:06 am »

Yes, I know.
And then there's fucking Jifodus.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #93295 on: January 06, 2016, 02:46:26 am »

Yes, I know.
And then there's fucking Jifodus.

Obviously cheating at this game! >:(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93296 on: January 06, 2016, 02:53:05 am »

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, for the day to come that Jifodus steps out from the shadows and strikes down our hubris.

On that day, we shall know the true name of Pathos.
No Gods, No Masters.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #93297 on: January 06, 2016, 03:04:18 am »

While I was picking up the mail, a bunch of deer were around the edge of the property. They just stood there, staring at me unblinkingly as I walked to the mailbox and back. While I understand animals well enough to know why they did so, it was pretty haunting to have that feeling of being stared at. By deer.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:05:58 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93298 on: January 06, 2016, 03:12:55 am »

Seriously. Food shouldn't stare. It's not polite.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93299 on: January 06, 2016, 03:36:16 am »

keas

they steal shit

and know how to use tools
Pages: 1 ... 6218 6219 [6220] 6221 6222 ... 11039