Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6221 6222 [6223] 6224 6225 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14436575 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93330 on: January 06, 2016, 12:00:11 pm »

I just plain don't get why board section rivalry is a thing. I mostly hang out in the FG and RTD sections, but I still play DF and fiddle around with minor modding to add races I'm interested in playing or mechanics that I think would be fun. ((Ever make the boiling point of blood 1 degree?))
Elitism is fun.

To be fair, there is a lot of awful stuff in FGRP, but maybe that's just my elitism talking.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93331 on: January 06, 2016, 12:31:57 pm »

Does it really count as RP if most of the players are either using unabashed self-inserts or vehicles for their fetishes? :^)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93332 on: January 06, 2016, 12:33:44 pm »

Does it really count as RP if most of the players are either using unabashed self-inserts or vehicles for their fetishes? :^)
I thought that was the definition?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93333 on: January 06, 2016, 12:39:18 pm »

That comes under the aforementioned "awful stuff".

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93334 on: January 06, 2016, 12:39:27 pm »

If that isn't role-playing then what is it?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93335 on: January 06, 2016, 12:50:46 pm »

As far as i cna tell people either RP as someone they are not or... well a self insert. The latter being naturally amplified to be sexier, smarter, stronger and whatever else.
Also of course you have the kind of RP you can find on sites like f-list... but... those things boggle my mind and it's not something you'd speak about openly.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93336 on: January 06, 2016, 01:14:36 pm »

Much of the RP on bay12 is self-inserts, mary sues, etc etc, just plain odd or ridiculous, or catgirls. As far as I can tell.
One wheel short of a wagon

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #93337 on: January 06, 2016, 01:19:16 pm »

At least there are no Chakats around, as far as I can tell.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93338 on: January 06, 2016, 01:29:44 pm »

Given that even the local bronies swear by armok and mod unnecessarily-difficult succession games, it's not hard to understand. Thank all the gods.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93339 on: January 06, 2016, 01:30:21 pm »

As far as i cna tell people either RP as someone they are not or... well a self insert. The latter being naturally amplified to be sexier, smarter, stronger and whatever else.
Well, that's kinda... tautological, isn't it?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #93340 on: January 06, 2016, 01:31:55 pm »

Yes & no. My spelling used to be pretty good back when I was writing regularly with pen & paper. These days I don't write, it's either typing on a phone or computer & my spelling is atrocious (for instance I just wrote "writting" & "atroscious"). The fact that I don't have to write in a professional (ug. proffessional) or academic setting, likely makes a difference too.
Hehehe. My spelling improved dramatically once I started mostly typing. S'a lot easier to see and correct errors for me with a computer, and most of the errors these days are just finger fumbling (or intentional) rather than actually not knowing what the zog I'm spelling. Considering I was at one point diagnosed as learning disabled in spelling (and writing, for what it's worth), it's been a helluva' change. Typing saved my english/communication grades :P

Well, typing, online gaming, and fanfiction. Counter to what many would probably say would be the likely results of that combination, I blame the three for the majority of my gains in regards to written (and spoken, to a degree) communication over the years. Practice with intent towards accuracy/effectiveness and exposure to a massive amount of examples of both good and bad go a long, looooong way.

Though to the generational thing... no. Not so much. Seems to vary just based on non-age stuff -- hobbies/work activities, educational background (with most definitely no bias towards the older generations, ahaha, or if there is, the cognitive degeneration that comes with age offsets it), etc. Person to person thing rather than something you can meaningfully generalize out to a generational group. Sorta' helps on that front that most folks seem to be honestly kinda' shitty at spelling :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93341 on: January 06, 2016, 01:51:33 pm »

Well, that's kinda... tautological, isn't it?
Yes but there is a slight difference between "Me but better." and "Someone better than me."
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93342 on: January 06, 2016, 02:14:05 pm »

There have been things that come close, to be honest, down to being hermaphroditic furry abominations.
They were pretty terrible.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #93343 on: January 06, 2016, 02:15:55 pm »

Hardcore vore doe never fails to crank me up.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93344 on: January 06, 2016, 02:27:19 pm »

There have been things that come close, to be honest, down to being hermaphroditic furry abominations.
They were pretty terrible.
>.>
Although I am unaware of the actual thing arising, I may or may not know of exactly what you're talking about.
No, I don't play them, because they're boring, but I may or may not have peacefully coexisted in a forum game with them.
then again, I have several characters that would fall under the category of odd, which requires a high level of openness in character creation for me to field them. So... yeah. I admit I can be found in the land of weird a lot of the time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 6221 6222 [6223] 6224 6225 ... 11040