Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6142 6143 [6144] 6145 6146 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452142 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92145 on: December 17, 2015, 04:26:12 pm »

So, the most common response I've heard re: The Force Awakens is "It's like the original trilogy."

Without spoiling anything, is that true? Yes/No will do. Or, I'unno, sliding scale of similarity?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92146 on: December 17, 2015, 04:37:08 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI
And meanwhile in china.
OH CHINA! How we love you.
Maybe the whole thing is a hoax made by western media but the concept is amazing either way.

The other descriptions I've been able to find of it only spund a little more sinister than existing credit report and background check and data aggregation entities.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92147 on: December 17, 2015, 04:43:58 pm »

edit: nevermind
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:53:35 pm by MrRoboto75 »
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92148 on: December 17, 2015, 05:09:38 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI
And meanwhile in china.
OH CHINA! How we love you.
Maybe the whole thing is a hoax made by western media but the concept is amazing either way.

The other descriptions I've been able to find of it only spund a little more sinister than existing credit report and background check and data aggregation entities.

One of the comments under the video:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I obviously don't have much to do with china myself but it looks legit enough. Also even if it's not exactly the thing EC talks about it might be a stepping stone towards a system like that.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 05:26:03 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92149 on: December 17, 2015, 05:29:02 pm »

Huh I just realized...

One of the major reasons that most games only let you carry two weapons... is likely less that "8 weapons is less realistic"

But because it would force them to make 8 unique weapons that have their own purpose and niche... Instead of about maybe 3 unique weapons with alternate versions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92150 on: December 17, 2015, 05:29:25 pm »

So I see this headline on Yahoo News.  Let me know if I'm the only one who thinks this sounds weird:

"Despite popularity, pope turns 80 amid criticism"
Welcome to Yahoo! Herp derp I'mma newz sauce.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92151 on: December 17, 2015, 05:34:06 pm »

Found a spider hanging from the ceiling today, poked it, and it started spinning itself around in circles. What kind of defense mechanism is that?

Huh I just realized...

One of the major reasons that most games only let you carry two weapons... is likely less that "8 weapons is less realistic"

But because it would force them to make 8 unique weapons that have their own purpose and niche... Instead of about maybe 3 unique weapons with alternate versions.
slowpoke.lenpeg
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92152 on: December 17, 2015, 05:37:50 pm »

Found a spider hanging from the ceiling today, poked it, and it started spinning itself around in circles. What kind of defense mechanism is that?
The kind where you're trying to bleed off several times your body weight of momentum because a giant poked you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92153 on: December 17, 2015, 05:38:43 pm »

my youtube comments and some stuff i've seen on reddit suggests that a lot of people just, uh, don't know that leitmotifs were a big thing way before undertale
like yes undertale has great usage of it, very great
but like
i've seen people complain about it, accuse it of being lazy
i really want to do a few leitmotif videos for, like, final fantasy X or something, like one for suteki da ne and one for to zanarkand etc.
just to be like
"dude undertale didn't invent this"

oh, and at least undertale mostly actually has new pieces of music for different situations, how many times does organization XIII or sora's theme show up in kingdom hearts goddamn
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 05:40:30 pm by Putnam »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92154 on: December 17, 2015, 05:39:22 pm »

The kind where you're trying to bleed off several times your body weight of momentum because a giant poked you.
No, it was self-propelling. I thought that too at first but I barely touched it and its movement wasn't damping at all.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92155 on: December 17, 2015, 05:59:41 pm »

They do that a lot, for some reason. Just start spinning like crazy whenever they get nervous. I really do wonder what its purpose is.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92156 on: December 17, 2015, 06:07:40 pm »

It's harder for something to kill you if you're moving really fast in a random pattern, perhaps?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92157 on: December 17, 2015, 06:26:17 pm »

Huh I just realized...

Last game that really did it well was half-life 2, as far as I can remember. Which makes sense, HL2 did everything fucking well.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92158 on: December 17, 2015, 06:39:28 pm »

Huh I just realized...

Last game that really did it well was half-life 2, as far as I can remember. Which makes sense, HL2 did everything fucking well.

There were quite a few others that went under the radar.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92159 on: December 17, 2015, 07:00:40 pm »

every halo?

Edit: Well, except for the ones by 343, I don't know about those.

Edit: Oh, you mean games that did "You can carry ALL THE WEAPONS." I'd somehow forgotten how Half-Life 2 played. :V
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:19:13 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 6142 6143 [6144] 6145 6146 ... 11040