Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6087 6088 [6089] 6090 6091 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449000 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91320 on: December 05, 2015, 06:16:12 pm »

When did my gaming time become one never ending farming session?

Play Monster Hunter, farm mats.
Play Guild Wars, farm mats.
Play Fallout, farm mats.
Play Harvest Moon, just farm.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91321 on: December 05, 2015, 07:48:16 pm »

Watched an Anti-Christ movie...

You know... for the Anti-Christ he isn't all that bad... SURE he organized all world religions to worship him

But he also established lasting world peace...

I mean he murders a few people and has mind control powers... But the sheer number of people he has saved alone...

I thought the anti-Christ was supposed to be like... pure evil or something. But currently he is further down the evil scale then Obama.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91322 on: December 05, 2015, 07:49:29 pm »

Obviously that's because Obama is the antichrist.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #91323 on: December 05, 2015, 07:50:06 pm »

Obviously that's because Obama is the antichrist.

Dammit beaten to it. Right down to the italics, too. Hrmmm.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #91324 on: December 05, 2015, 07:54:23 pm »

You know... for the Anti-Christ he isn't all that bad... SURE he organized all world religions to worship him
I mean he murders a few people and has mind control powers... But the sheer number of people he has saved alone...
I thought the anti-Christ was supposed to be like... pure evil or something. But currently he is further down the evil scale then Obama.
Survival is not living, see the alien in 'At World's End.' The aliens create a harmonious civil society of peace at the cost of individual freedom and they should fuck off back to legoland because to err is human and get drank m8

Seriously though watch at world's end

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91325 on: December 05, 2015, 08:00:57 pm »

Well... he also fixes the entire world's economy.

He doesn't mind control EVERYONE into World Peace... Nor make them a hive mind.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #91326 on: December 05, 2015, 08:20:12 pm »

Survival is not living, see the alien in 'At World's End.' The aliens create a harmonious civil society of peace at the cost of individual freedom and they should fuck off back to legoland because to err is human and get drank m8

i don't remember aliens in that pirate movie m8 :P

Although now that I think about it aliens versus pirates would be kind of cool
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91327 on: December 05, 2015, 08:24:45 pm »

what would you call it, avp? :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91328 on: December 05, 2015, 08:35:06 pm »

i don't remember aliens in that pirate movie m8 :P

Although now that I think about it aliens versus pirates would be kind of cool
Add a dash of Lovecraft to it, and I woudl watch the hell out of pirates fighting creatures beyond the stars.

And probably dying horribly, but oh well.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91329 on: December 05, 2015, 08:44:27 pm »

That's pretty much consistent with the biblical account of the thing, neo. Critter's supposed to more or less be indistinguishable from Christ and bring the appearance of world peace (which, let's face it, might as well just be world peace). Would bring more good to the world and commit less sins than your average pope. Somehow this is a bad thing/will lead to a bad thing, and so god comes in and lays waste to everything.

Anti-christ is never really portrayed much as what we'd particularly consider evil, from a human/mortal perspective -- its shtick is supposed to be leading people away from god, not making lives miserable/doing evil things, and a peaceful world and food on the table'll do more to lead people away from the empty blessings of priests than a thousand torture sessions. Would probably be better for humanity as a whole, at least insofar as living ones are concerned, than god, really.

So far as I'm aware, that's considered more or less the most insidious part of th'thing. It comes with the face of the savior, with blessings and good turns greater in scope and substance than any the god or priests has brought in the last few millennium. S'part of the really insidious aspects of an eschatology focused belief system -- it tells you that as things get better, things are actually getting worse. That curing cancer, stopping conflict, and extending lifespans is a preordained sign of the end times. Causes some incredibly self-destructive behavior, heh...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91330 on: December 05, 2015, 08:49:33 pm »

Episode 3. "Better."

at least it doesn't have jar jar stepping in the poopy
I kno-oow, but that's still almost less terrible than watching a group of decent actors having to act according to Lucas' unfettered lunacy.

In terms of familial disasters, Episode 1 is your little cousin smashing his face into the dinner roast, while Episode 3 is crazy uncle Marvin escaping from the attic and murdering grandma with a shovel on the front lawn.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91331 on: December 05, 2015, 08:58:17 pm »

Anti-christ is never really portrayed much as what we'd particularly consider evil, from a human/mortal perspective -- its shtick is supposed to be leading people away from god, not making lives miserable/doing evil things, and a peaceful world and food on the table'll do more to lead people away from the empty blessings of priests than a thousand torture sessions. Would probably be better for humanity as a whole, at least insofar as living ones are concerned, than god, really.

Well yeah he is supposed to eventually get to the EVIL part!

But it never really comes.

In FACT his actions create far more Christian conversions then anything else, he infects Christians with a disease that is cured by being Christian, AND well frankly when the World War does happen (after years)... it wasn't really his doing...

A World War... that was much less violent then a normal war.

That depiction of the Anti-Christ is like... having a Demon take over your country and tries to legitimize his rule by fixing the schools, hospitals, and traffic lights... but he is so busy trying to trick you into accepting him... that he never actually does anything with it.

And once again I'd LOVE a piece of fiction about that situation... Either a evil overlord who is too busy to be evil... or an evil overlord who succeeds, takes over the world, and ends up going legit.

All I know of is an EVIL ruler in Discworld who is basically an evil overlord... in a land where his rule is highly contested. He is eventually disposed and they realize that he is the best ruler they ever had and pretty much ever will have because no ruler can keep the throne long enough... and the Evil Overlord was so busy keeping his throne he never had time to be evil.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:02:03 pm by Neonivek »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91332 on: December 05, 2015, 09:01:48 pm »

he infects Christians with a disease that is cured by being Christian
What the hell is the point of a biological weapon when all of your targets are already vaccinated against it
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91333 on: December 05, 2015, 09:03:37 pm »

That's pretty much consistent with the biblical account of the thing, neo. Critter's supposed to more or less be indistinguishable from Christ and bring the appearance of world peace (which, let's face it, might as well just be world peace). Would bring more good to the world and commit less sins than your average pope. Somehow this is a bad thing/will lead to a bad thing, and so god comes in and lays waste to everything. [added context here]
It's a WTF to me that at times, that I hear people still associate world peace == AntiChristWork D:< {Or 'Existence of Religion = Problemz' for that matter} in the context of God representing an ethical good. As in...What I'm seeing is they're all describing an attitude underlying all those words, but aren't targeting 'the certain attitude that isn't really parallel to those words but "under" those words'.

Because in all my studies...such scripture should be looked at with the purpose of finding wisdom and not...err, face value. xD
{I remember my Theology teacher telling very nice stories and wordplay [with witty humor] on 'if everything was taken literally...', while ensuring the understanding of words with context being of importance. I miss those years.}
._. my wording is messy.

Um...Searchengine results only come up with 'The World's End' or one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
And I do not remember an alien in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. .-. (or legoland. Or a harmonious civil society of peace...unless you meant when the pirate factions banded together but that's off the point entirely).
So...um. Fun with articles and title making?

What the hell is the point of a biological weapon when all of your targets are already vaccinated against it
Evolution of the pathogen and many other biological factors...since vaccinations aren't parallel to what is shown in the common media (in many biological weapon films), at times. :-\ (Though it is very interesting to read on)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91334 on: December 05, 2015, 09:04:51 pm »

he infects Christians with a disease that is cured by being Christian
satan works in mysterious ways
Pages: 1 ... 6087 6088 [6089] 6090 6091 ... 11040