Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5997 5998 [5999] 6000 6001 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437696 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89970 on: November 13, 2015, 08:48:39 pm »

Probably more a matter of political correctness than offending teh childruns at this point.

Also "boob slider" made me imagine a waterslide made of giant boobs. WTF brain.

Edit: I should clarify that, as much as I dislike rampant censorship for the sake of political correctness, I am in no way a proponent of boob sliders.
Those are always silly and wind up looking hella unrealistic. When a game comes out with a boob slider that models realistic boobs with a customizable degree of sagginess etcetera, then perhaps I shall be converted. Jamming a bike pump into your character's chest to inflate their volleyballs just leads to me making them flat-chested.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:51:00 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89971 on: November 13, 2015, 08:54:21 pm »

In what world does the concept of boob sliders not sound like hilarious fun?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #89972 on: November 13, 2015, 08:59:59 pm »

When you can only depict someone in the greatest possible light...
When did this start, anyway? For as long as it's believed that a particular character should be held in good light just because of their e.g. skin colour, discrimination won't end. The correct way would be to create completely normal character, flawed as meant to be, who just happens to be of a particular race, culture, gender or whatever. While said fact can have weight on the plot, it shouldn't be treated as anything out of the usual. Mutual respect doesn't mean pandering.

It's the eternal battle between equality and chivalry. Both worthy ideals but mutually exclusive, yet people try to achieve one through the other: it's simply not going to work.

It is more of a deliberate attempt to avoid stereotypes, often by non-minority executives that don't fundamentally understand what minorities are finding offensive in the first place. The most famous example is - of course - Speedy Gonzales, a character that was nigh-universally popular in the  Latino (and especially Mexican) communities, but executives came to the conclusion that he and his supporting cast (particularly Slowpoke Rodriguez) were fundamentally offensive because a few of them were lazy (extreme laziness being one of the most common stereotypes of Hispanics) and that there was a certain lawless vibe to the show. Thus, to avoid offending Hispanics, the show's been effecively erased from syndication, and none of the characters has been used in a very long time.

Other well known examples are the extensive pressure for the Florida State Seminoles to change their name because it's offensive to American Indians, ignorant of the fact that the university's use of the name is sanctioned and endorsed by the Seminole tribe, and was chosen to honor the tribe's stance of "We're not fucking moving" during the forced relocations of the early 19th century; the reluctance to show Asians as anything but geniuses, and Asians in the media are almost NEVER shown wearing eyeglasses (because a common stereotype of Asians in the early-to-middle parts of the last century was that they were too blind to learn anything due to the shape of their eyes), and the extreme rarity of dresses on female leads for a very long time (because wearing a dress implies femininity, and femininity implies enslavement.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89973 on: November 13, 2015, 09:29:46 pm »

I am feeling pretty stinky right now.
* Orange Wizard stuffs Yoink into a washing machine along with a bottleful of detergent.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89974 on: November 13, 2015, 09:32:28 pm »

I honestly don't know how anyone could stand that. I mean, jeans are good for a week or two, but everything else needs regular washing or it starts to feel really gross. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #89975 on: November 13, 2015, 09:38:16 pm »

I honestly don't know how anyone could stand that. I mean, jeans are good for a week or two, but everything else needs regular washing or it starts to feel really gross. :x
Yeah, I don't understand how one could not bathe every day unless in an area with water scarcity or extreme cold. Or keep wearing dirty clothes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89976 on: November 13, 2015, 09:44:33 pm »

Everyone's different, I guess.
I do prefer the feel of clean clothes, but I think it's the sort of thing you only notice when putting fresh clothes on/taking a shower. The main problem is the smell... it's coming into Summer and I guess I'm sweating more than usual, 'cause I keep catching whiffs of my shirt and oh man. :P

Haven't been sleeping in my clothes though, so that's something.
I remember the days when I used to do that all the time, to save myself the effort of getting dressed in the morning.
Man, past-me was pretty goddamn grotty. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89977 on: November 13, 2015, 10:54:46 pm »

...Dude, hygiene. Practice it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #89978 on: November 13, 2015, 10:59:15 pm »

Indeed. Some simple bathing/cloth washing things (not even every day, every 3 days or so is totally fine in most cases) does wonders for both your personality and your life expectancy.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #89979 on: November 13, 2015, 10:59:42 pm »

I do prefer the feel of clean clothes, but I think it's the sort of thing you only notice when putting fresh clothes on/taking a shower. The main problem is the smell... it's coming into Summer and I guess I'm sweating more than usual, 'cause I keep catching whiffs of my shirt and oh man. :P

I remember the days when I used to do that all the time, to save myself the effort of getting dressed in the morning.
Deodorant is your best friend.  Cheap, little effort, big effect.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89980 on: November 13, 2015, 11:08:55 pm »

Indeed. Some simple bathing/cloth washing things (not even every day, every 3 days or so is totally fine in most cases) does wonders for both your personality and your life expectancy.
Yeah, and showering in the morning is always a great wakeup call, if you don't mind spending more time on hair combing.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89981 on: November 13, 2015, 11:56:51 pm »

Deodorant is your best friend.  Cheap, little effort, big effect.
Just not something that could suffocate you if you sprayed for more than 2 seconds in a small room.
Yeah, this.

Also, I have it on good authority that if you use a strong cologne or such, you should spritz it in the air and then walk through it instead of directly applying it to yourself.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #89982 on: November 14, 2015, 12:01:27 am »

Alternatively, just try to avoid strong colognes/perfumes altogether. I honestly have never encountered a time when I could actually detect a small on a person and it improved my opinion of them. I'll take a subtle fragrance that lingers at the edge of the subconscious over something I can consciously smell any day.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89983 on: November 14, 2015, 12:06:59 am »

Alternatively...

One
Of
These
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89984 on: November 14, 2015, 12:14:26 am »

Alternatively...

One
Of
These

Combine them to smell like the lost tome: a book that was thrown out of a burning library by a monk who was then decapitated by a viking.  The book was then forgotten in the dirt, which turned into mud when it was rained on.  Tell a story with your scents!
Pages: 1 ... 5997 5998 [5999] 6000 6001 ... 11040