Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5995 5996 [5997] 5998 5999 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437807 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89940 on: November 13, 2015, 01:43:44 pm »

Mm, I'm honestly sort of wary of how well Fallout 4 is performing. 45 hours logged so far, zero CTDs, and one freeze that was probably my fault for alt-tabbing between a bunch of stuff while in fullscreen.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89941 on: November 13, 2015, 01:53:07 pm »

Maybe they did a paradox and noticed people get pretty grumbly if you always have buggy launches.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89942 on: November 13, 2015, 01:58:06 pm »

Mm, I'm honestly sort of wary of how well Fallout 4 is performing. 45 hours logged so far, zero CTDs, and one freeze that was probably my fault for alt-tabbing between a bunch of stuff while in fullscreen.

One of my friends was marvelling at having played the game for [however long it's been out for, he had it preloaded and everything] with only two crashes. It seems to just be actually tested.

Edit: with only to crashes! What terrible fate is!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:09:46 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89943 on: November 13, 2015, 03:06:54 pm »

Maybe they did a paradox and noticed people get pretty grumbly if you always have buggy launches.

Oh please.  Bethesda's had buggy launches going back to Daggerfall.  It's just who they are.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89944 on: November 13, 2015, 03:09:16 pm »

But the console version won't have all sorts of mod shenanigans :P
apparently it will
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89945 on: November 13, 2015, 03:11:41 pm »

But the console version won't have all sorts of mod shenanigans :P
apparently it will
orly How?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89946 on: November 13, 2015, 03:22:36 pm »

Apparently.

That's a whole lots of words to basically say "Yeah, mods on consoles."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89947 on: November 13, 2015, 03:32:27 pm »

>_<

Apparently political correctness often means less diversity in television, games, and movies.

I guess it makes sense. When you can only depict someone in the greatest possible light... there is only so much you can actually do with them.

It is this weird paradox where Racism AND Anti-racism can team up together to result in the same thing.

It is just a weird concept to wrap my head around... (also goodness this was a weird TVtropes trip... I started with Lego Genetics and ended with Mexicans Love Speedy Gonzales). It is like people don't really put any thought into their complaints and just put some sort of binary yes or no in their head so they don't actually have to think about WHY they are being politically correct.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89948 on: November 13, 2015, 03:35:48 pm »

Neonivek I find you are being very problematic

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89949 on: November 13, 2015, 03:38:38 pm »

LW I find your face to be quite problematic

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89950 on: November 13, 2015, 03:43:09 pm »

Apparently.

That's a whole lots of words to basically say "Yeah, mods on consoles."
That is an incredibly vague way to say 'we want to do this thing, you see? Its gonna be great. So just wait.'
Edit: also considering how f2p games with console versions don't just get to update whenever they've got it ready (cert testing and stuff gets in the way, at least afaik from warframe), how would you even get the mods to the people?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:48:41 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89951 on: November 13, 2015, 03:45:26 pm »

>_<

Apparently political correctness often means less diversity in television, games, and movies.

I guess it makes sense. When you can only depict someone in the greatest possible light... there is only so much you can actually do with them.

It is this weird paradox where Racism AND Anti-racism can team up together to result in the same thing.

It is just a weird concept to wrap my head around... (also goodness this was a weird TVtropes trip... I started with Lego Genetics and ended with Mexicans Love Speedy Gonzales). It is like people don't really put any thought into their complaints and just put some sort of binary yes or no in their head so they don't actually have to think about WHY they are being politically correct.
Well you see, anti-racism is not the same thing as lack of racism. They're both radical ideologies based on belief that certain races should be treated differently from the other ones, it's just that anti-racism is going the opposite direction.

In other words, people are wired for a certain degree of radicalism and thus there will always be some acceptable-in-society radical ideologies, and if there aren't - there soon will be some new ones springing up from the non-radical ones. The best you can do here is damage-control by promoting the less dangerous ones, really.
._.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #89952 on: November 13, 2015, 03:49:50 pm »

When you can only depict someone in the greatest possible light...
When did this start, anyway? For as long as it's believed that a particular character should be held in good light just because of their e.g. skin colour, discrimination won't end. The correct way would be to create completely normal character, flawed as meant to be, who just happens to be of a particular race, culture, gender or whatever. While said fact can have weight on the plot, it shouldn't be treated as anything out of the usual. Mutual respect doesn't mean pandering.

It's the eternal battle between equality and chivalry. Both worthy ideals but mutually exclusive, yet people try to achieve one through the other: it's simply not going to work.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89953 on: November 13, 2015, 04:03:58 pm »

For Cartoons... 90s... late 80s

I mean in all fairness there was outright racism in cartoons at the time (Just see the "Bad episodes of the Ghost Busters" By Phelous to get basically a documentary). There was a large belief that girls were anti-conflict as well that permeated television at the time and actually was one of the large reasons why even female leads often didn't get involved with the plot in "guy shows" and why "Girl Shows" often didn't have anything of any substance.

Yet whenever I dive deeper I see things like making a villain white because they a evil minority would be seen as bad... All the way to the early 2000s. Or heck characters like Porky Pig and Speedy being flat out removed from future shows because they are considered offensive (but... not from people with speech impediments or Mexicans)

The correct way would be to create completely normal character, flawed as meant to be, who just happens to be of a particular race, culture, gender or whatever. While said fact can have weight on the plot, it shouldn't be treated as anything out of the usual. Mutual respect doesn't mean pandering.

Oddly enough it isn't so cut and dry.

One of the most popular Disney characters flat out without any real competition until Elsa is Belle whose issues are outright tied to her Gender and her gender identity is tied to her character and actions. Yet she is probably the most relatable characters Disney made simply because "she likes books".
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 04:07:05 pm by Neonivek »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #89954 on: November 13, 2015, 04:26:28 pm »

Oddly enough it isn't so cut and dry.

Sometimes it is.

For instance, it should be obvious to any casual watcher that "Fish Police" is Deep One propaganda
Just compare
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 5995 5996 [5997] 5998 5999 ... 11040