Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5999 6000 [6001] 6002 6003 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14431712 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90000 on: November 14, 2015, 01:59:56 pm »

This might come off as insensitive given recent events, but whatever. Ye gods, first world countries are sheltered. France has a murder rate of one in a hundred thousand. Wow.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90001 on: November 14, 2015, 02:07:12 pm »

I'm not sure if you realize this, but the implications behind "sheltered" generally mean "and this is a bad thing."

... Or do you want there to be more murders? o_o
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90002 on: November 14, 2015, 02:12:00 pm »

I'm not sure if you realize this, but the implications behind "sheltered" generally mean "and this is a bad thing."

I don't think they need more murders, but possibly more awareness. Maybe I'm just bitter. I'unno.

There's just something that rubs me the wrong way about the terrorist attacks gathering so much media attention (don't get me wrong, they're horrific) but... that's less than a week's worth of murders where I live.

I'm not saying the terrorist attacks aren't a terrible thing, by the way. They are. It's just... urgh.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90003 on: November 14, 2015, 02:38:00 pm »

I'm not saying the terrorist attacks aren't a terrible thing, by the way. They are. It's just... urgh.
It's okay. You just live in a place where grass is purple from a first world perspective.

Similar to people saying they're poor but still live in a house, have clothes, food, work, and entertainment. Talking to someone where missing any of the first 4 means poverty.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90004 on: November 14, 2015, 02:40:36 pm »

Ingress, at Abaddon...
We came to a blue portal and tried to "flip" it, immunizing it, but it's been flipped too recently. We suspect they immunized it early such that it'll stop being immune slightly before the measurement period. Then they'll flip it, stealing it essentially for free!

Our team captain agreed with me that this is a concern. His solution is for us to hold it until just before the measurement... Then flip it ourselves! wait...
Yes he wants to flip it to the enemy side, then we're supposed to capture it back. Losing our defensive advantage for no gain that I see...

I'm sure he knows better than me though, he's a veteran player and I barely play anymore. The meta of this game is just so weird.

Can't wait for the pokemon version... seriously
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90005 on: November 14, 2015, 02:44:22 pm »

It's interesting. I understood all of the words in that post, but the whole thing put together just doesn't register.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90006 on: November 14, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »

It's interesting. I understood all of the words in that post, but the whole thing put together just doesn't register.
That's pretty much the same for me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90007 on: November 14, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »

Like me reading about WoW haha

Live action mobile game. Hundreds of us are in Charlotte fighting over real locations. Our team is 12 people, I'm one of the drivers. We're camping a historic well at the moment, it needs to be ours at some random point between 3 and 3:10

Oop gotta go, I was right about their ploy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90008 on: November 14, 2015, 02:55:28 pm »

Live action mobile game.  fighting

Ingress cross Armoured Combat League, who's with me?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90009 on: November 14, 2015, 07:51:12 pm »

I'm in.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90010 on: November 14, 2015, 09:44:59 pm »

So I started playing around with Game Maker today. It's simple enough, but it looks like it'd be a pain in the ass to use code from languages other than their proprietary scripting dealie. Which, I mean, sure, what did I expect. I'm just hoping it turns out I can do everything I'd ever want to do natively, because otherwise I'd need to find some way to compile all the external stuff into a DLL, and that's just for Windows. Kind of a pain since my favorite languages are all interpreted >____________>

It'd be a great learning exercise, though, so maybe I'll do it anyway.

please excuse any gross errors in terminology or understanding in the above, as i really don't know what i'm talking about yet

feel free to point them out, though
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90011 on: November 14, 2015, 09:59:46 pm »

Good luck with that. I haven't bothered to start with GMStudio, but I have used really old versions of Gamemaker.

...Unfortunately, I can't remember half the stuff I did with it's code. Or any of it. ... Learning how to use GMStudio should be fun!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #90012 on: November 14, 2015, 10:05:47 pm »

your terminology is impeccable

gamemaker seems fine, Undertale was made in it but didn't have the promised manual that changes as you go through the game due to limitations of the engine

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90013 on: November 14, 2015, 10:06:53 pm »

your terminology is impeccable

gamemaker seems fine, Undertale was made in it but didn't have the promised manual that changes as you go through the game due to limitations of the engine
What do you mean...?
I thought that was a thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90014 on: November 14, 2015, 10:07:37 pm »

it but didn't have the promised manual that changes as you go through the game due to limitations of the engine
But that existed in the demo. I remember it well.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5999 6000 [6001] 6002 6003 ... 11039