Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5840 5841 [5842] 5843 5844 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473306 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87615 on: October 13, 2015, 06:03:25 am »

I had a mouse in my bedroom once. Bastard didn't want to leave and kept nomming on my bedsheets instead of that delicious piece of apple in the trap. Eventually managed to kill it, after about a week of constantly being woken up by mouse noises. Noisy little sod.

Host mother? Is that some sort of genestealer thing?
Probably means he's on some kind of exchange and staying with a host family.

Yah, I'm in Russia.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87616 on: October 13, 2015, 06:19:31 am »

I had a mouse in my bedroom once. Bastard didn't want to leave and kept nomming on my bedsheets instead of that delicious piece of apple in the trap. Eventually managed to kill it, after about a week of constantly being woken up by mouse noises. Noisy little sod.

Host mother? Is that some sort of genestealer thing?
Probably means he's on some kind of exchange and staying with a host family.

Yah, I'm in Russia.
In Soviet Russia, you exchange program!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87617 on: October 13, 2015, 07:03:12 am »

that's called software piracy
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87618 on: October 13, 2015, 07:26:58 am »

So my brother in law is a trucker, he and his cousin got assaulted by what we call locally "road pirates" while transporting a precious cargo of mother's milk construction materials (yeah, Venezuela is a wonderful place to live, if you are really into Mad Max).

Anyway the scum bags that mug them told the both of them to stay quiet and lay low, that's it, don't give any information to the police about the crime, not even report it, or report it on another city. They went ahead and reported it on another city, there they were joined by the owner of the truck and my father in law. Then the local authorities told them they had to report it back on the place it happened, so they did. Then they showed them a few pics of some suspects, and they identified one of them, and it seems it got arrested. I guess for most of you all this would be pretty normal (this reporting the crime part), however if you live in Venezuela you should already know that you can't do that.

Basically 100% of the policemen in the country are corrupt, and even criminals themselves in their free time (and sometimes even while on duty), so reporting a crime and explicitly identifying a criminal might land your ass in trouble because it's super very likely you are identifying the very same parter of the police officer showing you the pics. Yeah we live on a detective movie from the 80's, with all the clichés and even the mullets...

So yesterday my father in law got a call saying that today there will be a hearing for this piece of shit that got arrested, and that if he's going to jail then they are going to kill the cousin and the owner of the truck, and their wives since they already know where they live.

Some friends that are in the police told him that this is pretty standard because they simply want to scare them so they don't go there and serve as witness for the trial, which would mean there will be no trial and the criminal would go free. Thing is that they got the number and God knows if indeed the addresses from the fucking police itself (read the corrupt percentage above) so we are all officially scared. Hoping it really doesn't come to anything but here you can't really know.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:30:09 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87619 on: October 13, 2015, 07:36:19 am »

That's basically the history of the Venezuelan police force right there. Successive presidents talk about doing something about this but it's just too big to fix.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87620 on: October 13, 2015, 07:53:40 am »

that's called software piracy
No. Is like exchange student.  Only exchange program, not student.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87621 on: October 13, 2015, 09:27:48 am »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87622 on: October 13, 2015, 09:32:00 am »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34450057

0_o that's weird for Florida
Augustus Sol Invictus

Jesus tittyfucking Solars, does he think he's living in Creation?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87623 on: October 13, 2015, 09:39:50 am »

He called his law firm Imperium Law, how cool is that? Anyway here's his political platform as of 2013:

I do not want you to vote, so much as I want you to wake up. I want you to drop out and tune in. I want you to take LSD and practice sorcery. I want you to listen to trap music and black metal, to learn the law and to break it deliberately, to find your own religion. I want you to learn the use of firearms and subject yourselves to rigorous physical training. I want you to treat your bodies as Holy Temples and to take your girlfriend to a strip club so you can seduce a dancer in the back room. I want you to worship Nature and dance naked in the moonlight ‘round the fire, screaming in ecstatic joy. I want you to revolt. Raise Hell. Break your limitations. Renounce your life and go into the Wilderness, that God may speak to you of things to come.

Considering that he's still licensed to practice law, I'd say he's considered less insane than Jack Thompson :D (who was disbarred in Florida), which gives you an idea how cray cray and annoying Jack Thompson is.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:44:56 am by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87624 on: October 13, 2015, 09:51:25 am »

... he's a neo-nazi fellating massively narcissistic jackwad. There's basically nothing cool about what that particular madman does, and his naming scheme has been a great sadness for anyone with any appreciation for Exalted. Dude's bugnuts as all hell, just in a way that doesn't get you disbarred (yet).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87625 on: October 13, 2015, 10:04:01 am »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34450057

0_o that's weird for Florida
Augustus Sol Invictus

Jesus tittyfucking Solars, does he think he's living in Creation?
Wait, why does that name sound so familiar?
Oh yeah...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87626 on: October 13, 2015, 10:25:45 am »

Yes, the vaguely authoritarian Latin handles tend to be popular among certain crowds in much the same way that vaguely Norse names are.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87627 on: October 13, 2015, 10:35:55 am »

Wow, Playboy to stop showing nudes in the magazine. Remaning circulation expected to nosedive, fast.

Some people are baffled by this but it makes a lot of sense. Most of their profits comes from licensing the logo now. The magazine is the flagship but actually loses a lot of money ($3 million per year in losses). It was written off as a necessary marketing expense. But the nudity association was harming their other marketing. Their website profits skyrocketed after removing nudity, because they could link into Facebook and Twitter.

Basically the new format sounds like "Maxim, but for gentlemen". In terms of the magazine, removing the most crude element means you are only left with the relatively "classy" readers, who are likely to be more affluent, meaning you sell less, but you can charge your advertisers more $$$$ per copy sold. Anyway since it actually loses money but is there to act as a symbol of the company, selling less copies will save millions.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87628 on: October 13, 2015, 10:39:54 am »

That's. Quite WTF. Also, pretty cool.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87629 on: October 13, 2015, 10:40:12 am »

It looks like people were buying it for the articles after all.
Pages: 1 ... 5840 5841 [5842] 5843 5844 ... 11037