Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5838 5839 [5840] 5841 5842 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471413 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87585 on: October 12, 2015, 03:25:54 pm »

So apparently my tapwater is filled with smoke.

I get some water from the tap, see that it isn't exactly transparent, pour it out, get some more water, rinse and repeat. So I accidentally wait a second and notice that some sweet smelling smoke is emanating from my cup. The water clears up after a bit of waiting.

I understand air bubbles, but smoke is weird. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Probably a buildup of something in the water pipes.  Some time ago we'd turn on the bathroom faucet and water mixed with a whole lot of brown rust would pour through for several seconds.  Try turning on every faucet and showerhead in the house at the same time for a minute or so to try and flush everything out.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #87586 on: October 12, 2015, 03:27:18 pm »

Students in Texas are protesting a new law that would force universities to allow students to bring concealed weapons to their classes. However, bringing a sex toy to class would still be punishable by law. Therefore, students are protesting by bringing sex toys to all their classes. The beautiful hash-tag is not...highly appropriate but the rhyme is beautiful so I suggest you read the article.
That is fucking beautiful.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #87587 on: October 12, 2015, 03:28:43 pm »

NO I-
NO I DIDN'T PLEASE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT AAA
Do it.
After all, your mother probably wouldn't be all that happy about those things on your phone, no?
but i don't even work in an office
You do now.
At any rate, that's enough shitposts for now I guess.
KoSS, it's your lucky day, cos I'm relieving you of your duty.

Okay. Office building of supernatural creatures. Keep an eye out, folks.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87588 on: October 12, 2015, 03:46:18 pm »

PM me about it, I'll join. ;3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87589 on: October 12, 2015, 03:56:21 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87590 on: October 12, 2015, 04:25:04 pm »

Office Building of the Damned RP Thread Game Thing when?
DO EET.

Office politics simulator, hell yeah!
I think la ran a game like that once... except it was an RTD and actually rather brilliant.
Oh and it was completely insane, but that's a given on this forum. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87592 on: October 12, 2015, 04:39:16 pm »

I would be completely interested in this. Never was interested in high school games, but...

(Also, high school forum games have been around since... like, the 90s. It's nothing about current forum culture, they've been default for ages)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87593 on: October 12, 2015, 04:43:39 pm »

First time our store has done a sale day for Columbus Day. That means, instead of having Monday off like I normally do, I had to work. We did not expect much in the way of business, since not a lot of people have Columbus Day off*. They also wanted a full day in production, where on an ordinary sale day, production works half the day in the back and spends the rest picking up the scattered clothing and shattered dignity from around the store left by the rampaging customers.

The day did not start off well. Some construction workers, who have been blocking off random segments of the parking lot of the wholesale grocery store across the lot, decided to block nearly all the entrances to our part of the lot. Without telling us. They also tore down numerous Halloween signs we had posted around the parking lot. Again, without telling us(or needing to).

This did not stop the customers. I was there for Labor Day. And for Memorial Day. Today trumped both of those days, in terms of customers. And damage. At one point, a woman calls to me and points out a full cart of stuff, says it's hers but she no longer wants to buy it and nearly demands that I return it all to the places she took it from - not my job even on a normal day; put it back yourself you lazy bitch(<-really wanted to say that). And getting a full production day was pretty much impossible right from the start. There was no way to put out new stock quickly enough through the crowd.

Made worse was the fact that I saw someone who very much looked like my ex-girlfriend. I couldn't get close enough to confirm, and I never saw her again(either of which would have caused... problems), but it was enough to leave me jumpy and paranoid for the rest of the day.

Worst of all, I'm not getting holiday or overtime pay out of this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87594 on: October 12, 2015, 04:45:04 pm »

Hah, yeah right.
Federal guvmint employs lots of peoples.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87595 on: October 12, 2015, 05:13:26 pm »

Apparently I can brain bleach suppress my memories. Thank god for that, I really didn't need the memory of those last 100 minutes.
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87596 on: October 12, 2015, 05:15:34 pm »

From a ways back, but
Firefox might actually be the most customizable one of the mainstream browsers. I can't give any links right now as I'm on a phone, but I'm almost certain you can find an interface to your liking (or make one yourself) with a just bit of searching.

When the major UI changes came through a few months ago, my best friend told me about Classic Theme Restorer.  It pretty much put everything back the way I was used to, and I kinda forgot it was there.

It had a bunch of options, even, in case you did want *some* of the new stuff.  So yeah, Firefox is really customizable (:  A nice benefit of open-source and generous volunteers.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87597 on: October 12, 2015, 06:01:19 pm »

Theres also alternate versions of firefox like pale moon, if you don't want the new ui to even be part of the program that is running.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #87598 on: October 12, 2015, 11:04:09 pm »

Students in Texas are protesting a new law that would force universities to allow students to bring concealed weapons to their classes. However, bringing a sex toy to class would still be punishable by law. Therefore, students are protesting by bringing sex toys to all their classes. The beautiful hash-tag is not...highly appropriate but the rhyme is beautiful so I suggest you read the article.
I enjoyed this comment:
It woud be even funnier if someone were to make a bunch of rubber phalluses that were holsters for guns, so that the full idiocy of the two laws could be, excuse the pun, flagrantly exposed for all to see. Between the symbolism, the sheer absurdity of someone being arrested/charged for the appearance of the holster, while the deadly weapon it contained is protected by law, and the ridiculous legal argument that could be made about the gun making the holster a legal thing to wear, but the absence of a gun making the holster illegal, you'd have so much fodder for comedians and spoofs that it might, just barely, have a chance at getting one, or both, laws strick down or taken off the books.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #87599 on: October 12, 2015, 11:50:31 pm »

That's what you get for being so sweet! :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 5838 5839 [5840] 5841 5842 ... 11037