Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5338 5339 [5340] 5341 5342 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458195 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80085 on: July 01, 2015, 03:39:20 am »

Never liked Ashley all that much for any number of reasons, but that is certainly one of them. She's a lot like the Turian Councillor :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #80086 on: July 01, 2015, 03:44:40 am »

Ashley is just a bit of a space racist, if you talk to her between missions enough she basically says 'You're still my commander, dude, you say jump, I say how high'.
And at least she isn't as bad as come of the big picketers of space racism.
Wrex is a pretty dependable character, though, he's biologically at least a few hundred years, intelligent, hell, he can even get fairly emotional, pretty good for what equates to a mercenary.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80087 on: July 01, 2015, 03:52:28 am »

Which is hilarious, because he's considered pretty cool-headed amongst the quad-knockers.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80088 on: July 01, 2015, 04:06:43 am »

Playing Mass Effect and I'm really digging it so far. I understand the Mass Effect has it's share of writing problems like any story in the history of storytelling, but one in particular has been bothering me the whole time I've been playing. Ashley, supposedly a career soldier, is pretty quick to doubt the commands of her superior officer. I haven't even made any especially questionable decisions, besides releasing the Rachni queen (which Ashley wasn't even present for). As a matter of fact, Wrex, who I'd expect to be the least cooperative of the bunch, hasn't said anything either way about my decisions! ???

Yeah you need to switch your brain off during games made by this company. The games are meant to drive people with actual thinking capacity insane.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80089 on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:32 am »

Playing Mass Effect and I'm really digging it so far. I understand the Mass Effect has it's share of writing problems like any story in the history of storytelling, but one in particular has been bothering me the whole time I've been playing. Ashley, supposedly a career soldier, is pretty quick to doubt the commands of her superior officer. I haven't even made any especially questionable decisions, besides releasing the Rachni queen (which Ashley wasn't even present for). As a matter of fact, Wrex, who I'd expect to be the least cooperative of the bunch, hasn't said anything either way about my decisions! ???

Yeah you need to switch your brain off during games made by this company. The games are meant to drive people with actual thinking capacity insane.
Hey, Reapers do mess with your mind.
Alan help.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80090 on: July 01, 2015, 04:18:59 am »

How would you feel if your CO started outsourcing the good of your species to a bunch of shifty aliens?

Humanity has been whining for decades that they weren't part of the Cool Intergalactic Politics Club, and now that they have a human Spectre they're bellyaching about having to *gasp* work with aliens? Humans in Mass Effect are stupid, I should let the Reapers take them all :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80091 on: July 01, 2015, 04:22:01 am »

How would you feel if your CO started outsourcing the good of your species to a bunch of shifty aliens?

Humanity has been whining for decades that they weren't part of the Cool Intergalactic Politics Club, and now that they have a human Spectre they're bellyaching about having to *gasp* work with aliens? Humans in Mass Effect are stupid, I should let the Reapers take them all :P
Why should humans have to bow to aliens at all? Should have just released a von-Neuman swarm on the lot of them back at Shanxi.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80092 on: July 01, 2015, 04:25:31 am »

Actually, most of the humans are fine working with aliens *cough*Asari*cough* it's just that a small subset of humans dislike relying on aliens because they feel it demeans them, the only reason Ashley 'hates' aliens was because her dad did.
Alan help.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80093 on: July 01, 2015, 04:43:42 am »

Humanity's first contact ended in an invasion and nearly a full scale war, and indeed a shadow war between batarians and humans regularly sees human colonies raided and enslaved with little help from the council.

The other species are ambivalent or vaguely antagonistic towards humanity. Even an outright destruction of a human colony by the geth is met with a shrug and 'lol human matter'. Cerberus is silly, but there's a genuine reason people might not like letting aliens you've known for minutes on board the ship of secret tech.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80094 on: July 01, 2015, 04:53:21 am »

I personally find their games pretty freaking cool, and with reasonably good plotlines.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80095 on: July 01, 2015, 04:58:05 am »

inb4 Neo is the only one of us with actual thinking capacity
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80096 on: July 01, 2015, 05:01:10 am »

I personally find their games pretty freaking cool, and with reasonably good plotlines.

Their big issue is that their plotlines are good enough to be taken seriously

But not terrible enough to ignore the dumb parts.

To enjoy their games you have to be able to go "Yes this was dumb or even a huge gaping plothole... Moving on" and basically not think about it too much... while still being able to fixate on the good stuff.

Unlike say... Bioshock Infinite where the storyline was just dumb from start to finish and thus you could ignore all the idiocy because the game was moronic.

Or Diablo 3 where it was not only bad but hilariously terrible!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 05:06:31 am by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80097 on: July 01, 2015, 05:08:30 am »

Diablo III had a small issue with their release... mostly being 'Don't put a plot-twist in a game which requires 3 playthroughs to unlock the hardest difficulty'.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80098 on: July 01, 2015, 05:10:34 am »

Diablo III had a small issue with their release... mostly being 'Don't put a plot-twist in a game which requires 3 playthroughs to unlock the hardest difficulty'.

You honestly could make a long list of the tonal, canonical, and just flat out dumb issues with the game.

I certainly once tried... and given that I was able to write a list of just the first chapter of the game alone... yeah that is saying something.

Bioshock Infinite as much as it is made out of pure distilled nonsense cannot compete with Diablo 3... It honestly just about reached the pinnacle of human dumbchievement

---

Edit addition: Also what twist? The game had TONS of twists...tons of terrible twists.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 05:24:43 am by Neonivek »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80099 on: July 01, 2015, 05:25:40 am »

Given that the plot summary sounded like the worst kind of fanfiction when Diablo's story wasn't all that great to begin with, I'd believe it.

The weird thing is, Diablo II was just inches away from having an actual plot. The cutscenes were awesome, on par with some of the pre-rendered scenes from Starcraft: Brood War, and I liked the things that were hinted and implied (such as the fate of the Rogue and Sorcerer from Diablo 1). Marius' and Tyrael's (Baal disguised as Tyrael, anyway) voice actors were excellent. With some less campy in-game voice acting and slower gameplay akin to the original game, D2 might have actually had a story that somebody could care about.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 5338 5339 [5340] 5341 5342 ... 11040