Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5337 5338 [5339] 5340 5341 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454660 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80070 on: June 30, 2015, 03:42:46 pm »

Oh good.  I feel better now.

(Got to stop living life precariously though other peoples dogs...)
Agreed.

(I think you might mean vicariously)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:19:58 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80071 on: June 30, 2015, 05:16:15 pm »

Some guys came in to install a new press.

One of the office workers can't stop coming by, pretending he is important. Won't stop fiddling with the damn machine, and sometimes pushing back progress made by the installers.

Though they were a bit funny to watch at times too. They were trying to thread some cables through some metal piping. Well, one was. All by himself, on a precarious ladder. Pushed the cables up into the piping, until it went out the other end. Then he went to the other end and gave it a yank so that he could start pulling the cable from the other side. Instead all of the piping was ripped out of the wall, and had to be re-attached.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80072 on: June 30, 2015, 05:20:39 pm »

There's always a Mr. Important available to act like the boss when strangers are around. It seems to be normal human behavior, as ridiculous as it seems at times.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80073 on: June 30, 2015, 05:44:15 pm »

S'over (for now, anyway), but bloody hell the storm that hit today. Haven't seen thunder like that in this area in a long, long time -- hard enough and heavy enough the house was literally shaking at points, and about half the time I was having trouble telling if it was thunder or a bloody tornado coming down. Sustained peals that lasted like, twenty, thirty seconds at times, it was faintly ridiculous. Oddly enough, it wasn't really raining that hard, either -- still pretty hard, but not unusually so. Just hella' thunder and fairly strong winds.

Pretty damned impressive, just somewhat hard to enjoy due to the whole couldn't-tell-if-tornado bit. Weather be intensifyin'...

E: Ooh, checked the feeds now that the power's back. There's no less than eight varied warnings or watchings by the NWS about either severe weather or severe thunderstorms. Seems appropriate :V
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:57:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80074 on: June 30, 2015, 05:45:32 pm »

descan get out of the clouds

you're causing dissonance

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80075 on: June 30, 2015, 05:53:07 pm »

saw Xcom2 trailer.

*cried tears of shame for the franchise*
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80076 on: June 30, 2015, 05:56:34 pm »

saw Xcom2 trailer.

*cried tears of shame for the franchise*
Isn't it based on the scripted stream they had a bit ago? I doubt it'd be that bad.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #80077 on: June 30, 2015, 07:00:38 pm »

Okay, usually I don't complain on the internet, but this is about a computer.
Fuck computers.
I'm coding a videogame project in my spare time. I'm working with Stencyl, basically gamemaker for flash. I had a bit of trouble and I worried it was scuttled again due to computer doing shenanigans. Turned out to be fine. I then ran a test and found I couldn't move the player character.
I checked and said out loud "What the fuck". I wish there was a rage thread, but this is the most appropriate without it. All of the code related to the protagonist was erased. None of the code for the walls, or the enemies. Just the protagonist.

Fuck computers, I say it again. I'll say it a third time. Fuck computers. I love everything apart from the actual coding in game development. I only take joy out of it when it starts looking like something.
Uuuuugh. Nothing else does anything like this. I don't wake up one morning only to find that all the characters in my novel are speaking Swahili. I don't look at my drawings and find that the colors have been reversed. I only get this nonsensical bullshit when I'm trying to code.

From now on, computers are now awfulboxes. They don't deserve the title of computer.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80078 on: June 30, 2015, 07:22:01 pm »

Today is a grim reminder... that people I work with/associate with have only the barest understanding of how some pieces of technology works.  Specifically the smartphone device in this case.  I had to go out and fiddle with a smartphone that couldn't find/connect to a hidden wifi.  Albeit, its cause the smartphone has an app that needs connection to the internet to do job related things.
Normally not a problem, but its after normal work hours.  After I've gone home for the night and don't want to leave it for anything.

...  I still use a basic phone.  Don't really want to spend that extra 10 per month and weary that I'll end up downloading some games onto it and be perpetually glued to it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80079 on: June 30, 2015, 07:49:12 pm »

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you've got an incredibly low threshold for getting glued. Even with an upsized tablet, the flat fact is that the UI for mobile games are just kinda' unilaterally shit (unless you happen to have some sort of peripheral to plug into the thing, anyway), to an extent that your standards have to be pretty damn low to actually get stuck in a game played on tablet or phone. Even if it's an otherwise good game, such as bringing an emulator into the picture or somethin', actually playing the ruddy things is just kinda' miserable, if you've ever been meaningfully exposed to a PC or proper console/handheld.

... now, if you have any particular attraction to reading the things are basically the devil, especially once you get .html and the normal spread of e-book attachments working on the machine. They're actually pretty damn good for that, particularly the larger touchscreen ones.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #80080 on: July 01, 2015, 12:38:36 am »

My phone is bascially entirely used for chatting and internet browsing nowadays. Games are meh on the phone.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80081 on: July 01, 2015, 12:46:14 am »

I only emulate games where precise controls don't really matter anyway. I've beaten a few JRPGs on my smartphone without incident, an old cheapo Android one. Some casual games are alright too, like your Angry Birds and 2048 and such, but those are more idle time-wasters than something you could really get addicted to.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #80082 on: July 01, 2015, 12:53:51 am »

My phone is bascially entirely used for chatting and internet browsing nowadays. Games are meh on the phone.

I made the mistake of putting openxcom on my phone.

I accidentally nearly ran down the entire battery during a late night bathroom break because I lost track of time.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80083 on: July 01, 2015, 03:33:23 am »

Playing Mass Effect and I'm really digging it so far. I understand the Mass Effect has it's share of writing problems like any story in the history of storytelling, but one in particular has been bothering me the whole time I've been playing. Ashley, supposedly a career soldier, is pretty quick to doubt the commands of her superior officer. I haven't even made any especially questionable decisions, besides releasing the Rachni queen (which Ashley wasn't even present for). As a matter of fact, Wrex, who I'd expect to be the least cooperative of the bunch, hasn't said anything either way about my decisions! ???
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80084 on: July 01, 2015, 03:36:35 am »

How would you feel if your CO started outsourcing the good of your species to a bunch of shifty aliens?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 5337 5338 [5339] 5340 5341 ... 11040