Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5042 5043 [5044] 5045 5046 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517331 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75645 on: May 04, 2015, 06:54:11 am »

It is easy to do DBZ and have it balanced.

Put everyone on a level playing field while still having the intense power levels.

That would almost certainly only leave one survivor from any encounter, with all of the others spread around in mad gibs. So, much like normal DF then, I suppose.
This is a blank sig.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #75646 on: May 04, 2015, 07:02:43 am »

Now, all this DBZ stuff is well and good and all, but...
Could you do stands from JoJo?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75647 on: May 04, 2015, 07:08:32 am »

Not unless you figure out how half of the time-based powers work.

Also spawning stands is something not well supported by DF engine, so I'd wager a guess that the answer is "no".
._.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #75648 on: May 04, 2015, 07:12:25 am »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:05:56 pm by penguinofhonor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75649 on: May 04, 2015, 07:14:43 am »

The versatility of any game engine can be measured in the amount of animes it can simulate.

And that is why FateRPG is the best :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75650 on: May 04, 2015, 07:59:36 am »

Going from Wind Waker to Twilight Princess. The art style in both are absolutely gorgeous. But I think Nintendo keeps upping the Nightmare Fuel levels with each installment. i'm gonna have nightmares about the Twilight realm. And it doesn't help that the first time I took damage in this game was when a Deku Baba chomped right at my ballsack.

Everyone knows that screaming in DBZ is a free action, anyways :P

Same with charging up and transforming.
Also beam attacks are undodgeable except for times when they are dodgeable

DBZ logic

Slow beams, that are undodgable despite most characters being capable of flight and/or at least short-range teleportation.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75651 on: May 04, 2015, 09:12:14 am »

Going from Wind Waker to Twilight Princess. The art style in both are absolutely gorgeous. But I think Nintendo keeps upping the Nightmare Fuel levels with each installment. i'm gonna have nightmares about the Twilight realm. And it doesn't help that the first time I took damage in this game was when a Deku Baba chomped right at my ballsack.

Everyone knows that screaming in DBZ is a free action, anyways :P

Same with charging up and transforming.
Also beam attacks are undodgeable except for times when they are dodgeable

DBZ logic

Slow beams, that are undodgable despite most characters being capable of flight and/or at least short-range teleportation.
Most of these beams are actually guided, though. It comes up a few times in late Dragon Ball series where Goku starts firing trick shot Kamehamehas and shit. Also Krillin vs Saibamen shows what happens when you try to dodge beam blasts.
._.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #75652 on: May 04, 2015, 09:37:18 am »

I have a Rubiks Cube. It has an image printed on each side.
1. This makes it pretty hard to distinguish the sides.
2. This makes it really hard to solve. I can't even solve a normal Rubiks cube.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75653 on: May 04, 2015, 09:57:14 am »

I have a Rubiks Cube. It has an image printed on each side.
1. This makes it pretty hard to distinguish the sides.
2. This makes it really hard to solve. I can't even solve a normal Rubiks cube.

Apart from the image making colors unclear, isn't an image or a flat color the same in terms of solving it? All the edge pieces will be in the same position I think (gotta keep color on the other side of the piece inside its own color) but I'm not 100% sure the middle piece of each will also be the same.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75654 on: May 04, 2015, 11:44:10 am »

I am thinking of making a topic asking bay12ers if they like artificial smells and perfumes.

But I am wondering if "my" personal dislike of them is shared even among a small amount of people.

It isn't that I dislike "scents" (One of my old favorite shampoos had a subtle peach smell) it is that most of them are obnoxious and perfumes almost universally smell bad to me.

Or is it a taste thing and most people just like bad smelling perfumes or something.

I am mostly convinced it is just "my" problem. Since I've never heard "perfume" described as anything but great smelling... or air fresheners as anything but good smelling.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:46:46 am by Neonivek »

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75655 on: May 04, 2015, 11:50:43 am »

I am thinking of making a topic asking bay12ers if they like artificial smells and perfumes.

But I am wondering if "my" personal dislike of them is shared even among a small amount of people.

It isn't that I dislike "scents" (One of my old favorite shampoos had a subtle peach smell) it is that most of them are obnoxious and perfumes almost universally smell bad to me.

Or is it a taste thing and most people just like bad smelling perfumes or something.

I am mostly convinced it is just "my" problem. Since I've never heard "perfume" described as anything but great smelling... or air fresheners as anything but good smelling.

Not just you.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75656 on: May 04, 2015, 11:55:01 am »

Not just you, neo. Not even remotely. I've had a couple times where being around people with perfumes on made me literally physically sick -- stuck in bed for like two days straight after being in a classroom with someone that had some kind of godawful strong something on them.

And most perfumes, colognes, etc., do indeed just smell goddamn terrible. Occasionally run in to something subtle enough and pleasing enough it's nice to be around, but most of that stuff is like a nasal shit-sledgehammer applied directly to the brain. Junk's almost as bad as cigarette smoke, a lot of the time. Terrible, terrible stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #75657 on: May 04, 2015, 11:55:41 am »

Not just you.

I hate perfume!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75658 on: May 04, 2015, 11:59:35 am »

I think the reason deodorant's so strong is it needs to cover up the smell of BO, and BO does a very good job of managing to sneak under the smell of deodorants, so you need something strong to block it all out.

In my experience MOST of the time it is due to 1 of 2 things (or both!)
1) It is a deodorant cologne so to speak
and
2) The person decided that instead of the SINGLE LAYER that they would try to make their pits swim in it.

At least the ones you wouldn't smell it unless you stuck your nose right into my arm pit... and if you did that then I think we might have more problems then the smell.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75659 on: May 04, 2015, 12:00:58 pm »

I'm rather ok with most perfume, altough I dont really have any preference for one smell or another. I rather like my girlfriend's perfume and natural smell, altough thats just because it reminds me of her. To me smells are always tied to a certain feeling or memory, so if one smell reminds me of something I find pleasing, then I'll like it.

I find most parfum and eau de parfum to be bleh, though, but I like most eau fraiche and eau de toilette I've come across.

I dont like how pretty much any deodorant smells, but most of them, as mentioned, require you to dig into your armpits with your nose to actualy feel them, so its not a problem. Then again deodorant isn't really perfume, sooooo :v
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 12:02:59 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 5042 5043 [5044] 5045 5046 ... 11037