Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5043 5044 [5045] 5046 5047 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516904 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75660 on: May 04, 2015, 12:22:49 pm »

Not unless you figure out how half of the time-based powers work.

Also spawning stands is something not well supported by DF engine, so I'd wager a guess that the answer is "no".
I think Elf Collaborator made a Persona mod a long time, so there might be something usable from that.
It's FEF, not FEOF

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #75661 on: May 04, 2015, 12:43:52 pm »

As far as scents go, I don't mind fairly subtle things (Coconut is amazing, I've found) and a handful of stronger scents (I have a coffee scented candle that I absolutely love), but a lot of them will make me extremely sick. Axe in particular has caused me to vomit before.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75662 on: May 04, 2015, 12:44:39 pm »

I overheard some of the contractors who are doing renovation work around campus talking. Sounds like college is neglecting to pay them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75663 on: May 04, 2015, 12:47:59 pm »

I think I might be the only person in the world who thinks that a person smelling of wood smoke is not a bad thing. Seriously wood smoke is a great smell, why would a person think it was bad?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #75664 on: May 04, 2015, 12:55:36 pm »

I think I might be the only person in the world who thinks that a person smelling of wood smoke is not a bad thing. Seriously wood smoke is a great smell, why would a person think it was bad?
I agree.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75665 on: May 04, 2015, 12:55:59 pm »

It's one of my favorite scents. Right up there with pine sap, grilled meat, and that clean and sharp smell in the air just after it rains (which is apparently called petrichor.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:00:32 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #75666 on: May 04, 2015, 01:00:47 pm »

I think the reason deodorant's so strong is it needs to cover up the smell of BO, and BO does a very good job of managing to sneak under the smell of deodorants, so you need something strong to block it all out.
This is only true if you don't bathe. I've known people who use completely unscented deodorant that was basically an antiperspirant and that was it, and they never smelled, much less strongly.

Perfume and cologne are very situational things; out of all the people I've known, only one girl ever managed to use artificial scents in a way which was routinely (as opposed to once-in-a-blue-moon) attractive and tasteful. The spray-on deodorants might as well have been invented by a woman as a way to identify douchebags. The main problem, somewhat ironically, is that most people (and a lot of popular scents) are overpoweringly strong.

That, and people-smell isn't actually bad. Sweaty-workout smell, yes, in almost all cases, though. And "hasn't bathed in a week", ew. But just the smell of a person who bathes daily and isn't sweating much/any isn't unpleasant in the vast majority of cases. As mentioned, natural scents are also often nice; real wood smoke, pine, and other non-industrial smells are good.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #75667 on: May 04, 2015, 01:06:24 pm »

I like the smell of some girly perfumes. Even a small amount makes me pleasantly dizzy and light-headed, though I think that part is just me. Other deodorants... eh. I'm indifferent.

One thing I don't understand is that I really like the smell of this really corrosive chemical we use to clean the grill at work. It's disgusting and probably carcinogenic, but I still really like it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #75668 on: May 04, 2015, 01:12:54 pm »

Wet earth after a long period of time without rain smells horrible when cows are involved.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #75669 on: May 04, 2015, 01:24:23 pm »

On the other hand if you are in, say, a pine forest it can smell wonderful. :P (Though personally I'm a bigger fan of the smell of moisture right before it rains, rather than right afterwards).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #75670 on: May 04, 2015, 01:26:11 pm »

It's one of my favorite scents. Right up there with pine sap, grilled meat, and that clean and sharp smell in the air just after it rains (which is apparently called petrichor.)
I like the smell of wood smoke as long as the wind isn't blowing it straight into my face so I can't breathe.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #75671 on: May 04, 2015, 02:40:05 pm »

Wet earth after a long period of time without rain smells horrible when cows are involved.

Long hours put in on a farm as a kid have acclimated me to that smell, so every time i drive past one of the numerous farms in south georgia I get nostalgic rather than disgusted.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75672 on: May 04, 2015, 02:44:26 pm »

There's about five colognes I'd buy:

Dirt, wood-smoke, pine sap, old books, and petrichor :v

Otherwise I'm not really a fan.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:47:39 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75673 on: May 04, 2015, 03:54:40 pm »

Petrichor basically means Rockblood. That is my equal parts WTF and happy. I now have yet another potential band name (for some reason I'm noticing these a lot lately).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75674 on: May 04, 2015, 04:02:10 pm »

I don't remember what the hell I was dreaming about, but I just woke up at quarter to seven feeling really agitated. Wasn't even busting to use the toilet. I'm thinking maybe it was something to do with all the crazy wind outside.

Edit: oh, also, my mother's visiting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 5043 5044 [5045] 5046 5047 ... 11037