Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4884 4885 [4886] 4887 4888 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471884 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73275 on: April 02, 2015, 12:02:26 am »

Well I just saw something that should of never been seen by human eyes. or any eyes. I was quite disturbed and my stomach is upset.
Its good to be reminded that there are much worse things on the internet then I've already seen. Although it almost felt familiar for some reason.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #73276 on: April 02, 2015, 12:03:29 am »

What did you see? You must tell us!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73277 on: April 02, 2015, 12:05:15 am »

Yeah you don't just come up with something like that without giving specifics.

Were there tentacles?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #73278 on: April 02, 2015, 12:21:15 am »

When someone says they've seen a new plateau of horror on the internet, I find it's best not to ask how high it is. Whether it's higher or lower than the one you've seen, the answer will make you feel bad.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73279 on: April 02, 2015, 02:25:41 am »

I'm pretty sure the universe itself trolled me for April Fool's Day.

I was driving back to the drop yard near my house so I could go home after a long, stressful day when the red light on my truck's computer began blinking. This red light only blinks when the computer detects a serious or potentially serious issue, and automatically sends a report to the company. Thing is, I hadn't been doing anything that could possibly be considered a serious issue. So I turned on the computer screen to see what the issue was, and there it was.

For some reason, my remaining allowed drive time for the day had dropped from about 5 hours to negative 2100-plus-change hours. This obviously triggered an hours-of-service violation because, legally, you cannot drive when out of hours. Not too long afterwards, my hours returned to normal.

I can only assume that I passed through a time warp at some point that jumped me roughly 89 days into the future, before passing through another warp that brought me back to the present day (and I swear it dropped me back a good fifteen miles as well, since the drive seemed to take much much longer than normal).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #73280 on: April 02, 2015, 02:40:27 am »

time warp
[obligatory Rocky Horror reference]
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73281 on: April 02, 2015, 04:17:40 am »

Ended up with a weak browser hijacker on my laptop somehow... probably my kids doing kid things. The WTF was when I cleared it out, I apparently had almost 40 other bits of malware on here. That probably explains the running slow and overheating thing. Much better now they have been nuked from orbit.
This is a blank sig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73282 on: April 02, 2015, 06:35:10 am »

Why fold it half, though, MZ? If you cut it into thirds...
Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73283 on: April 02, 2015, 06:36:31 am »

Yeah I am dropping the Boogeyman poll idea.

It is kind of clear at this point that it is a terrible idea to open up path for any criticism towards DF, the boards just aren't ready yet.

I'll think about re-opening the idea in the summer.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73284 on: April 02, 2015, 06:42:08 am »

It is kind of clear at this point that it is a terrible idea to open up path for any criticism towards DF, the boards just aren't ready yet.
What I've seen so far is that you aren't open towards criticisms towards your ideas. If you can't take them, don't deal them yourself.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73285 on: April 02, 2015, 06:49:33 am »

Yeah I am dropping the Boogeyman poll idea.
I'll think about re-opening the idea in the summer.
That thread was bizarrely hostile. I disagree with you, and I still find the reactions unwarranted. Though I also disagree with the 'ban list.' I would not say the boards are not closed to criticism, I would say that your criticisms were poorly worded and would have been better presented as neutral statements rather than personal experiences. I mean this with no antagonism, purely criticism; a lot of the issues you brought up are akin to someone embarking in an evil biome, building a surface fort without a roof and complaining that when a husk cloud rolls in and everybody dies it isn't fun, because losing isn't fun. That's just not right.
In regards to whether DF adventure mode can get boring... Spot on. I feel a discourse in this direction would be far more fruitful. Though, I do wonder how useful it would be - Toady is developing it after all, and the updates are adding more depth upon depth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73286 on: April 02, 2015, 07:03:21 am »

It was only my flat out unfiltered experiences with the game. They couldn't be argued against because they are not my opinion but rather what I myself have felt for myself. As it isn't my opinion but rather what I seen and felt myself. It is like someone telling a story about how they walked outside and got cold and you go "Objection! You could have worn a coat".

The major issue wasn't so much that people disagreed or brought forth criticism but so much that the criticism was antagonistic and caustic to the overall conversation and I just flat out wanted to eliminate everyone who was just going to poison the thread. Or that they just flat out didn't want to actually talk about the topic.

But then people got more and more antagonistic as the thread went on.

As for "Adventure mode can get boring" No, that wouldn't be a fruitful thread because of the "defense rally" of how adventure mode is actually fun and the reason your not having fun is because your not doing something.

The Ban-list COULD be seen as a mistake but frankly looking at how people posted... Do you honestly think that the thread would have been much better anyway? The only difference is whether or not people would have been trying to force me to defend my position for 10 threads or not, with the outright trolling being interspersed.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73287 on: April 02, 2015, 07:05:59 am »

yeah you can already tell that everybody is going to pile upon you if you bring up valid points, so why bring up points in the first place right?

are you seriously surprised that people get angry when you just tell them to stop posting without adressing any of their points?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73288 on: April 02, 2015, 07:09:31 am »

Their points?

Who is they?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73289 on: April 02, 2015, 07:11:30 am »

Maybe they kept trolling because they realised that a person who would wantonly "ban" other people from a "discussion" isn't interested in any actual dialogue to begin with.

Seriously, if you aren't open to other people stating their opinions, what the hell are you doing on a forum in the first place?
Pages: 1 ... 4884 4885 [4886] 4887 4888 ... 11037