Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4290 4291 [4292] 4293 4294 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488517 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64365 on: December 01, 2014, 06:14:03 pm »

It's accurate for dudes too though. Ever seen someone you'd like to ask out alone when there was a possibility for them to be in a group?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #64366 on: December 01, 2014, 06:17:48 pm »

As for suspension, well you can understand that, no? Just cements the fact it's not a party view. And yea, he does have the right to express his view-doesn't mean there won't be consequences.
It shows that they don't want those views openly associated with the party. Given that he was suspended for offering continued press interviews about the issue, rather than for having those views.

And you think that a significantly right wing party is going to have those people in the same density as the general population?
I don't think there's a way to see if people with certain political views can be deemed to possess more crazy views than others'.

But yes, I would assume the number of people susceptible to believing stupid things stays fairly constant.
I never said anything about "more crazy". I was referring specifically to that kind of anti-gay sentiment.

And while this is tangential, I am of the opinion that at least left wing crazy is more often than not well-intentioned, while right wing crazy is outright vitriolic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Show me a political party not crazy about PR?

And any Christain is susceptible to that kind of anti-gay statement, regardless of political view.

No more replies from me-got sleep to do.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64367 on: December 01, 2014, 06:19:27 pm »

Ahh.  Ill only say that some lack the proper concept of Do Unto Others.  Given how they were attention seeking rather than actually protesting Id say the police should have been called.

I look forward to the day when a conservative group can parade about and harass people.  But then Ill be sad when they do that over take legal action :\ (Emphasis mine)

They do.  It's called the Bundy Ranch and simply threaten to kill public employees who are merely trying to do their jobs.  That and the Open Carry assholes in Texas who march into every restaurant they can trying to stir up trouble about how they have guns.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64368 on: December 01, 2014, 06:22:40 pm »

Ok now I think she almost asked me out? Or didn't? It felt like it for a bit before it started feeling like not.

I can't figure this shit out man I honestly can't.

(also I do plan on asking her out, just gotta catch her somewhere other than a crowd of friends, that's too weird)

Btw, please don't listen when people tell you that "girls do this" or "girls do that" nobody likes being stereotyped. It's a real turn off.

+1 to not stereotyping.

Seriously though, benefit of the doubt. While some of it is a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point[Stereotyped people are stereotyped, therefore they act stereotyped], you know what they say about assumptions.

Quote from: Words of Wisdom
Don't make assumptions idiot
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64369 on: December 01, 2014, 06:23:03 pm »

Ahh.  Ill only say that some lack the proper concept of Do Unto Others.  Given how they were attention seeking rather than actually protesting Id say the police should have been called.

I look forward to the day when a conservative group can parade about and harass people.  But then Ill be sad when they do that over take legal action :\ (Emphasis mine)

They do.  It's called the Bundy Ranch and simply threaten to kill public employees who are merely trying to do their jobs.  That and the Open Carry assholes in Texas who march into every restaurant they can trying to stir up trouble about how they have guns.

And they make me sad.  Open carry is supposed to be how it isnt a big deal, and pedantic crybabies waving them about cant see that.  Make everyone look bad.
And I dont support extremism.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64370 on: December 01, 2014, 06:27:55 pm »

There was that idiot in tennisee who did that to a school.

Well, they dident go into it, but they marched around infront of it with a rifle.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64371 on: December 01, 2014, 06:32:01 pm »

That's fair pisskop.  I have no problem with peaceful protests myself, but am very much a "If you wish to change things, do it within the system" type person and have no love of theatrical antics such as glitter bombs or the open carry stuff because I find it just irritates people and makes people more likely to disagree.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64372 on: December 01, 2014, 06:34:22 pm »

It seems to be done overdramatically to inspire resolve as well as pride. Annoying that pride and hate still have so much effect; but its found across all spectrums.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64373 on: December 01, 2014, 06:38:09 pm »

There was that idiot in tennisee who did that to a school.

Well, they dident go into it, but they marched around infront of it with a rifle.
I'm betting that turned out poorly for him.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64374 on: December 01, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »

Wait, what?
The mathematician...
Turing!

That's why I don't really buy the holier-than-thou stance a lot that a lot of people take to other countrys which are even slightly behind the West on social freedoms:

"OMG <country X> is so primitive they do <thing Y>"

"Oh, you mean that thing which was normal in our country too until about 40 years ago?"

Given 10000 years of human development, if something somewhere else is comparable to something in your country within living memory, that's not a clear sign that the other country's people are somehow "backwards" as humans.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:49:44 pm by Reelya »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64375 on: December 01, 2014, 08:49:55 pm »

Quotes from my housemate's two year old son:
"I'm gonna fuck you up, mommy! Bang bang!"
"Shut it down, mom. Shut it down."
"I'm gonna bite your nipples!"
"No, I'm mommy! You're [son's name]!"
"I'm so proud of you, mommy."
*Putting on all of her dresses at the same time* "Am I pretty, mommy?"

He's adorable, but he's also a bit of a hellion. I've never seen a two year old who is so violent towards his own mother. Even though she complains, she's still way more patient with him than I'd be, and she's younger than me, too.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #64376 on: December 01, 2014, 09:25:28 pm »

Quotes from my housemate's two year old son:
"I'm gonna fuck you up, mommy! Bang bang!"
he said wot m8

Seriously, a two year old? I doubt he really understands what he would mean by that but seriously?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64377 on: December 01, 2014, 09:31:21 pm »

He probably got it from his dad. I've never met the man, but from what I've heard, he's a drug addict who, unfortunately, is the only person who can take care of the kid on a regular basis. When the kid isn't here with his mom, or at daycare, he's at his dad's house, because thew rest of the family can't take care of him. From what I've heard, sending him to live with the rest of her family would be just as bad, if not worse. Here's hoping she can get her own place soon, and full custody along with it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64378 on: December 01, 2014, 09:37:26 pm »

Poor thing.  It really tears me to see an otherwise fine child caught up like that.  Its even harder when parents seem to love the kid enough, but just have bad influences about.
PKs DF Mod!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64379 on: December 01, 2014, 09:46:00 pm »

Did I also mention the dad is super homophobic and is paranoid that his son is going to be gay? He's also a conspiracy theorist and won't support giving his son flu shots not because of the autism bullshit that was going around, but because of some conspiracy about the government using it to give kids diseases or something.
Pages: 1 ... 4290 4291 [4292] 4293 4294 ... 11037