Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3990 3991 [3992] 3993 3994 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14415861 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #59865 on: October 03, 2014, 06:27:07 pm »

Sadly... there was a chance that coupon was real.

I have my doubts, since there were quite a few things wrong with it. Like text showing through the front, despite there being nothing on the back. And possibly the incredibly poor quality of the coupon's image and text, complete with fading ink.

Plus the fact that she printed several off over the past few days.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59866 on: October 03, 2014, 06:28:29 pm »

You missed out the 'white neckbearded racist scumbag' part. Because all whites are racist in their eyes, except themselves.
Source.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59867 on: October 03, 2014, 07:16:36 pm »

You missed out the 'white neckbearded racist scumbag' part. Because all whites are racist in their eyes, except themselves.
Source.
"All flavors of people welcome, but we don't serve vanilla at this yogurt shop."

1. Can the "white people are like vanilla" thing die already, instead of being perpetuated by the man also known as Robert Van Winkle and appropriated by SJWs as a derogatory term? You can't say "black people are like chocolate" any more, and vanilla isn't even white! The color of vanilla ice cream (or yogurt, in this case) is the color of the ice cream itself, not the vanilla flavor. Grrr!

2. I like how they don't realize that they contradict themselves within a single sentence. Or maybe they don't care, because the logical failure there makes my white tears taste better to them.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59868 on: October 03, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »

Source.
"All flavors of people welcome, but we don't serve vanilla at this yogurt shop."

1. Can the "white people are like vanilla" thing die already, instead of being perpetuated by the man also known as Robert Van Winkle and appropriated by SJWs as a derogatory term?

2. I like how they don't realize that they contradict themselves within a single sentence. Or maybe they don't care, because the logical failure there makes my white tears taste better to them.
There's a prevailing idea that being oppressed allows you to deliver out just deserts.

I.E. they hurt me, so now I am justified in taking more, usually at their expense.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59869 on: October 03, 2014, 07:19:25 pm »

There's going to be a Tetris movie. What.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59870 on: October 03, 2014, 07:21:52 pm »

Source.

1. Can the "white people are like vanilla" thing die already, instead of being perpetuated by the man also known as Robert Van Winkle and appropriated by SJWs as a derogatory term?

There's a prevailing idea that being oppressed allows you to deliver out just deserts.

I.E. they hurt me, so now I am justified in taking more, usually at their expense.
You had an opportunity to make a "just desserts" pun and you missed it.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59871 on: October 03, 2014, 07:23:14 pm »

Source.

You had an opportunity to make a "just desserts" pun and you missed it.
They did say it's a yoghurt shop...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59872 on: October 03, 2014, 07:27:08 pm »

Its hard to quantify White Privilege without either being racist or just essentially saying that they are "Not this minority" which is not exactly a privilege.

But if I had to qualify it, it is that they take the lead in a dance sort of way and are able to set the standards.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59873 on: October 03, 2014, 07:30:34 pm »

i think it has a lot more to do with "The White Man's Burden"

in that

there's all these white men in power who feel the need to make laws that

sort of

absolutely totally repress the rights of others

mostly poor people

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59874 on: October 03, 2014, 07:31:42 pm »

Ive never seen it as 'repress everyone else' so much as 'concentrate our own power and prestige'.  Which is a perfectly natural reaction to holding power; to expand it in some fashion, be it word of authority, physical power (resources, etc), or political base.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #59875 on: October 03, 2014, 07:31:53 pm »

i think it has a lot more to do with "The White Man's Burden"

in that

there's all these white men in power who feel the need to make laws that

sort of

absolutely totally repress the rights of others

mostly poor people
And it's only white people who do this.

... right.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59876 on: October 03, 2014, 07:35:34 pm »

... right.

A lot of people believe this... but actually no

It is pretty universal across the board.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #59877 on: October 03, 2014, 07:38:14 pm »

... right.

A lot of people believe this... but actually no

It is pretty universal across the board.
Admittedly, it's mostly based on what race is in power at the time.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59878 on: October 03, 2014, 07:47:26 pm »

Exactly. It's evidence that all SJWs are Americans or rarely other Westerners - they never stop to consider how racist and insular Japan can be, or that those poor oppressed Muslims in the West practice the only legal religion of other countries.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59879 on: October 03, 2014, 09:37:15 pm »

Went to go take my anxiety medication. Couldn't find it.

Eventually did. The container was shattered. One of the dogs ate some of my medication. And most of my garbage.
Pages: 1 ... 3990 3991 [3992] 3993 3994 ... 11038