Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3991 3992 [3993] 3994 3995 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14414888 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #59880 on: October 03, 2014, 09:38:31 pm »

Exactly. It's evidence that all SJWs are Americans or rarely other Westerners - they never stop to consider how racist and insular Japan can be, or that those poor oppressed Muslims in the West practice the only legal religion of other countries.

Sure. But globally, America/Britain has the most power. I mean, there's a reason the POTUS is called the Leader of the Free World.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59881 on: October 03, 2014, 09:50:18 pm »

Not so sure about Britain, honestly. And most of the US's power comes from having (according to Wikipedia) over two thousand nuclear missiles.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #59882 on: October 03, 2014, 09:56:34 pm »

And a brand-name reputation, like how Nintendo is scraping by.

Maybe America will end up as a corporation, like Shadowrun. "100% REAL AMERICAN PATRIOTISMTM" takes the place of "United States of America" on maps and globes. American citizens are now "EMPLOYEES OF 100% AMERICAN PATRIOTISM CORPORATION".
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #59883 on: October 03, 2014, 10:05:04 pm »

Not so sure about Britain, honestly. And most of the US's power comes from having (according to Wikipedia) over two thousand nuclear missiles.
Sort of.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59884 on: October 03, 2014, 10:06:51 pm »

Went to go take my anxiety medication. Couldn't find it.

Eventually did. The container was shattered. One of the dogs ate some of my medication. And most of my garbage.

Hope your dog is okay, probably should take it to the vet because who knows what an overdose would do.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59885 on: October 03, 2014, 10:09:57 pm »

Maybe America will end up as a corporation, like Shadowrun. "100% REAL AMERICAN PATRIOTISMTM" takes the place of "United States of America" on maps and globes. American citizens are now "EMPLOYEES OF 100% AMERICAN PATRIOTISM CORPORATION".
glory to nanotrasen
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59886 on: October 03, 2014, 10:12:47 pm »

Sort of.
Well, yeah, and they spend more money on their armed forces than the next ten or so countries combined.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59887 on: October 03, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »

Also, GLORY TO THE MOTHERCOUNTRY
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #59888 on: October 03, 2014, 10:14:29 pm »

That's why no one nukes us, and why no one really cares to match our military (since that sort of pissing match has arguably been obsolete since Hiroshima).  But our power comes from a lot of more subtle forms of influence... not that more subtle than a nuke is really saying much.  Allies, puppets, spies, cultural influence, ludicrous military that has a strong focus on projecting power, those kind of things.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #59889 on: October 03, 2014, 10:17:02 pm »

Sort of.
Well, yeah, and they spend more money on their armed forces than the next ten or so countries combined.
Screw military, man. We should go all LCS on the government's ass. :P

glory to nanotrasen
On a related note, our second outside reading book for English has to be historical fact-- a book about actual events, the way they happened. Not historical fiction.

Do you guys think 1984 counts?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59890 on: October 03, 2014, 10:20:29 pm »

That's why no one nukes us, and why no one really cares to match our military (since that sort of pissing match has arguably been obsolete since Hiroshima).  But our power comes from a lot of more subtle forms of influence... not that more subtle than a nuke is really saying much.  Allies, puppets, spies, cultural influence, ludicrous military that has a strong focus on projecting power, those kind of things.
Well, everyone is whining about the NSA and their "spy on evry1!!11one!" approach.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59891 on: October 03, 2014, 10:21:38 pm »

It's like they've forgotten about all the space cameras looking down on them with glass eyes...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59892 on: October 03, 2014, 10:22:10 pm »

Hope your dog is okay, probably should take it to the vet because who knows what an overdose would do.

All but one pill is accounted for. They were all scattered along the floor. The actual container is still nowhere to be found, it was the cap that was heavily chewed, so the dog eating the container is a concern.

Not sure which dog it was, but all of them seem to be acting normal.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59893 on: October 03, 2014, 10:23:54 pm »

Sort of.
Definitely not Britain. Their hegemony was dead by the end of the First World War. For that matter, for all that massive conventional forces and nuclear stockpiles are a source of power, they're less meaningful in the current paradigm than perhaps any other point in history, given the relative importance of soft power these days. That, and our military power isn't really geared for the conflicts we've been fighting since... probably the Korean War or so; a nuclear arsenal or conventional force designed to fight a land war against the Soviets doesn't do much in a highly asymmetrical conflict against an opfor that isn't going to try to fight pitched battles.

Of course, on the flip side, I'm not inclined to listen to the hysterical capitalist economists who are apparently convinced that China is going to grow indefinit- actually, I'll stop there, or I'll still be here twenty minutes later ranting about the sheer shortsightedness of the people who bought into Francis Fukuyama's laughable declaration of the "end of history" after the Soviet Union collapsed.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59894 on: October 03, 2014, 10:43:11 pm »

The irony about the US is that if we're facing any threat at all right now it isn't a conventional military fight, its an economic decline.  We're sinking into debt to the point where we're taking out loans to pay the interest on our other loans... while buying million dollar jet fighters for wars against people who don't even have aircraft in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 3991 3992 [3993] 3994 3995 ... 11038