Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3602 3603 [3604] 3605 3606 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481463 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54045 on: July 14, 2014, 02:13:57 pm »

I can't think of a Lego pickup line.
"I'm working on a lego spaceship, and I think you're my missing piece."

Come ON guys, how did no one do something like that one?  No wonder ya'll single :P
"Let's be legos and interlock our pieces."

...This is hard.
"I'll attach to your bottom end." ...No?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54046 on: July 14, 2014, 02:16:53 pm »

I have an avatar rotation on the /tg/station forums and it contains only two images because I only found two :V

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54047 on: July 14, 2014, 02:19:13 pm »

I have an avatar rotation on the /tg/station forums and it contains only two images because I only found two :V
What are the images of?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #54048 on: July 14, 2014, 02:19:22 pm »

Baby, we're like legos. I know we've just met, but already I feel my entire being unwinding, and attaching to you. For every up, there is a complementary down. We're meant to be together. We fit and only force could bring us apart. I love you, and am connected to you in part of a structure greater than the both of us. We are mere building blocks in life, but as long as we're together that's okay.

Eh, I don't think that's a pickup line. Meh, it'll do.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54049 on: July 14, 2014, 02:20:55 pm »

Just use some pick up lines from Liberal Crime Squad.

Speaking of which, how long will it be until we can woo the ladies in DF?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54050 on: July 14, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »

have an avatar rotation script I wrote myself, so it can do funky stuff like "only display this picture between 1am and 2am, and at no other time" or "only display this image to requests coming from this specific ip address" and it easily lets me fiddle with stuff like. It turns out you can actually basically just load a php script as an image and it will run just fine until it replaces itself with what you expect. :V

Also, reminds me I should probably make more extensive use of those features for !!fun!! (and if anyone here needs slightly more complex avatar rotation services, feel free to hit me up, I can only do a few people since I don't want to hurt my bandwidth too much but right now I'm just doing myself.)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #54051 on: July 14, 2014, 02:23:50 pm »

That would be fun. And some children, too. It'll be like Fable. My character was just chatting, having fun, next he knew he had a hungry mouth to feed.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54052 on: July 14, 2014, 02:38:58 pm »

I can see it now, the Sims meets Dwarf Fortress adventure mode.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54053 on: July 14, 2014, 02:39:46 pm »

That would be fun. And some children, too. It'll be like Fable. My character was just chatting, having fun, next he knew he had a hungry mouth to feed.
Maybe mod in a night creature race to play in adventurer mode?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54054 on: July 14, 2014, 02:40:44 pm »

What are the images of?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #54055 on: July 14, 2014, 02:41:05 pm »

have an avatar rotation script I wrote myself, so it can do funky stuff like "only display this picture between 1am and 2am, and at no other time" or "only display this image to requests coming from this specific ip address" and it easily lets me fiddle with stuff like. It turns out you can actually basically just load a php script as an image and it will run just fine until it replaces itself with what you expect. :V

Also, reminds me I should probably make more extensive use of those features for !!fun!! (and if anyone here needs slightly more complex avatar rotation services, feel free to hit me up, I can only do a few people since I don't want to hurt my bandwidth too much but right now I'm just doing myself.)
I would like this.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54056 on: July 14, 2014, 03:06:52 pm »

Someone said the dictionary is changing the definition of "literally" because people use it to mean figuratively.

That isn't the WTF because if that was true, then sure the dictionary should.

The WTF is because if it if it was true then the people who write the dictionary are stinken morons because people use "literally" to mean "literally" and the dictionary writers apparently never heard what a hyperbole is. This would be like if the dictionary changed the definition of "nothing" to mean "something"

I still don't exactly believe it is true because it requires several levels of stupidity.
I think I heard about that. If it were true, then it'd be like all the other times they put in slang or colloquial use: Labelled as "colloquial:" and appended at the bottom.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54057 on: July 14, 2014, 03:36:19 pm »

Maybe mod in a night creature race to play in adventurer mode?
There already was that one noodle incident, but I don't think that counted as wooing.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54058 on: July 14, 2014, 03:37:43 pm »

It's been changed for a while now.

OED.
Merriam Webster.
Google (using a dodgy API because they don't offer direct access).

In 2005 Language Log looked at the history of the "wrong" use of literally, tracing it back to 1766. More recently, when the Google dictionary changed, they found that the OED had noted such usage since 1903 and nearly every dictionary had already included that usage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54059 on: July 14, 2014, 03:39:11 pm »

Someone said the dictionary is changing the definition of "literally" because people use it to mean figuratively.

That isn't the WTF because if that was true, then sure the dictionary should.

The WTF is because if it if it was true then the people who write the dictionary are stinken morons because people use "literally" to mean "literally" and the dictionary writers apparently never heard what a hyperbole is. This would be like if the dictionary changed the definition of "nothing" to mean "something"

I still don't exactly believe it is true because it requires several levels of stupidity.
I think I heard about that. If it were true, then it'd be like all the other times they put in slang or colloquial use: Labelled as "colloquial:" and appended at the bottom.

The problem is that it misunderstands the slang use on a fundamental level. Even the slang definition of literal is literal. It is a hyperbole.

That is why it is so dumb.

It isn't like when people who "Man that's so sick!" to mean cool.
Pages: 1 ... 3602 3603 [3604] 3605 3606 ... 11037