Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3586 3587 [3588] 3589 3590 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473841 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #53805 on: July 12, 2014, 12:54:57 pm »

your plumber is a miracle of the universe

can i swap for the birdhouse cunt

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53806 on: July 12, 2014, 12:57:07 pm »

If you can find him, sure.

I think he may be a timelord.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53807 on: July 12, 2014, 01:00:35 pm »

https://gma.yahoo.com/parents-rescued-navy-warship-plan-file-lawsuit-144843401--abc-news-parenting.html
...Why would there be any issue with them taking their children out on the boat? You might as well say it's wrong and immoral take them on a road trip.
<twocents>
Well, on a road trip you can stop at a hospital if someone gets sick or injured, while if that happens on a boat you have to wait several hours, if not days, for rescue assuming anyone picks up your emergency signal. And one-year-old kids can get sick and injured quite easily, with all sorts of nasty stuff. I could see the logic in waiting another year or two so you don't have quite such young people on such a long voyage.
</twocents>

A dick move by the phone provider in any case.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53808 on: July 12, 2014, 01:05:48 pm »

mastahcheese your workplace is haunted.  However now the ghost knows you know and it dosn't want the information getting out.

Beware for the next thing to dissapear may be yooooooooooouuuuuuuuu *fades away to smoke*

* Greiger coughs and chokes on the smokebomb before hiding under a box.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53809 on: July 12, 2014, 01:13:27 pm »

* LordSlowpoke whips out exclamation point

* LordSlowpoke affixes exclamation point above their head

* LordSlowpoke puts the box in a bag with the greigar still inside

s> 1x baglizard+2 5kk

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #53810 on: July 12, 2014, 01:24:10 pm »

Do they look like this?
It is terrifying.
That video reminded me why I'm glad 80s and early 90s fashion eventually died.

* Greiger coughs and chokes on the smokebomb before hiding under a box.
Ah, so you're the one who took my smokebombs.

* Kadzar grabs the smokebombs and tries to make an exit, but ends up just choking on the smoke

Okay, so I'm a little out of practice.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #53811 on: July 12, 2014, 01:32:46 pm »

mastahcheese your workplace is haunted.
Nah, I'm pretty sure it all traces back to the plumber. Unless maybe the plumber is a ghost?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53812 on: July 12, 2014, 02:20:26 pm »

mastahcheese your workplace is haunted.
Nah, I'm pretty sure it all traces back to the plumber. Unless maybe the plumber is a ghost?
No, he's not a ghost. He's physically injured muliple employees on "accident" so I'm pretty certain he's not a ghost.
Hasn't got me yet, though cause I know how to dodge.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #53813 on: July 12, 2014, 02:22:36 pm »

physically injured muliple employees on "accident"

Mastah, it's the plumber. I am not Holmes, but this is not a Holmes-level mystery. You have a black magician in your midst. And I do not mean a sangoma, I mean a servant of unholy powers from beyond the void in the stars.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53814 on: July 12, 2014, 02:23:09 pm »

Told my dad and my step-mom about some more of my mom's bullshit. They found it hilarious.

I guess some of it is kind of funny, in a depressing sort of way. They mentioned that they already knew about my mom doing most of my homework for me, since she would call them and insult them whenever they tried to help me do an assignment. They mentioned that "my" work had always gotten low marks when handed in, and that if I did the work myself, I may have gotten better marks.

For one assignment my dad helped me build a skateboard out of plywood. Apparently my mom had called my dad up and mocked him about how she was destroying it. At least I know where it went now. Se told me "it got lost in the move", when we moved in with her boyfriend.

They got a big laugh about the time I got brought down to the office for a plagiarized assignment. My mom copied some article word for word. The kicker is that the project she had me hand in had nothing to do with the assignment. So I was given a ton of shit from the school for both plagiarism and being off-topic, and had to re-write the entire thing down in the office under the watch of several teachers.

Some of it is funny in hindsight, I suppose.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #53815 on: July 12, 2014, 02:29:59 pm »

Your mother doesn't deserve the title.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #53816 on: July 12, 2014, 03:09:53 pm »

That's really awful. And I mean really frickin' awful. At this point, if I were you, I'd start doing the work myself. Let your "mother" write/copy whatever she wants and tell you to hand it in, but that sounds like a terrible idea if you're getting in trouble for it.
Don't tell her anything she doesn't need to know. She doesn't need to know that it isn't her work that's getting decent marks. She also doesn't need to know if it was your dad or stepmother who helped you.
I don't know all of the details, but if possible, cut ties with her. Not literal grab-scissors-and-chop-up-neckties, because that would be silly, but just leave.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53817 on: July 12, 2014, 03:14:19 pm »

Told my dad and my step-mom about some more of my mom's bullshit. They found it hilarious.

I guess some of it is kind of funny, in a depressing sort of way. They mentioned that they already knew about my mom doing most of my homework for me, since she would call them and insult them whenever they tried to help me do an assignment. They mentioned that "my" work had always gotten low marks when handed in, and that if I did the work myself, I may have gotten better marks.

For one assignment my dad helped me build a skateboard out of plywood. Apparently my mom had called my dad up and mocked him about how she was destroying it. At least I know where it went now. Se told me "it got lost in the move", when we moved in with her boyfriend.

They got a big laugh about the time I got brought down to the office for a plagiarized assignment. My mom copied some article word for word. The kicker is that the project she had me hand in had nothing to do with the assignment. So I was given a ton of shit from the school for both plagiarism and being off-topic, and had to re-write the entire thing down in the office under the watch of several teachers.

Some of it is funny in hindsight, I suppose.

How did your mom get away with doing all of the work for you? I mean, theres your handwriting and hers, and really, you could have said your mom did, if they believe you.

Sounds bordering on abuse, and being completely mental.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53818 on: July 12, 2014, 03:15:41 pm »

I'm in college, and this happened back in grade school. And highschool. Sometimes she still tries to butt in on my college work. But she doesn't understand most of it so she doesn't do it too often.

I've said this before, but I'm not living with her right now. That may change when school starts up again, since I won't be able to reach school from my dad's house. Not at a reasonable time anyways.

I got a reminder a few days ago that it was time to pay my college tuition. Or it will be time, in about a week, but my mom refused to get off the phone with me until I could confirm that I had paid the bill.

She manages to hover over my shoulder even when I'm not living with her.

E: She had everything typed up. My handwriting is chicken scratch, since cursive was being phased out in my school back when I was in grade three or four. But it seems some schools still teach it, judging by my sister's homework.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:19:37 pm by BlackFlyme »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53819 on: July 12, 2014, 03:20:47 pm »

You should give her a pie in the face every time she hovers over your shoulder, ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3586 3587 [3588] 3589 3590 ... 11037