Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3171 3172 [3173] 3174 3175 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460482 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #47580 on: April 18, 2014, 07:46:57 pm »

I've been wondering if I'm agender lately. I mean, the more I think about, the more I realize that gender isn't really part of my internal identity at all. Which is kinda WTF. Mostly because it's taken me nearly 21 years to come to this conclusion/get this idea. e-e
I'm reasonably sure that most people are that way, and Tumblrites just play up to a massive degree how important gender is.
This. I mean, most people have some sense of gender, but outside of fiction it is one of a large number of personal identifiers, less important than many and more important than many, often changing depending on the situation.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #47581 on: April 18, 2014, 07:50:15 pm »

I don't care about being masculine but I identify very confidently as male.  If that makes any sense.

I've been wondering if I'm agender lately. I mean, the more I think about, the more I realize that gender isn't really part of my internal identity at all. Which is kinda WTF. Mostly because it's taken me nearly 21 years to come to this conclusion/get this idea. e-e
I'm reasonably sure that most people are that way, and Tumblrites just play up to a massive degree how important gender is.
"Gender doesn't matter" is an increasingly popular sentiment but I'd be shocked if more than like 5% of people truly feel that way.  As for agenderdness... I can't think of a single person, internet or otherwise, I've known who openly identifies as agender.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #47582 on: April 18, 2014, 08:09:01 pm »

I very strongly ID as male, but also have zero attraction to feminine types (be they male or female).

No Girls Allowed in my Clubhouse.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47583 on: April 18, 2014, 08:15:56 pm »

I don't care about being masculine but I identify very confidently as male.  If that makes any sense.

"Gender doesn't matter" is an increasingly popular sentiment but I'd be shocked if more than like 5% of people truly feel that way.  As for agenderdness... I can't think of a single person, internet or otherwise, I've known who openly identifies as agender.

I think it's how they would like to feel.  Social expectations based on gender norms or ideals are a pain in the ass for most people.  I've seen too many cases of wannabe macho men to think otherwise.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47584 on: April 18, 2014, 08:21:44 pm »

I think i'm genderfluid, but I'm sticking to male until there are further evidences
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47585 on: April 18, 2014, 08:25:54 pm »

The ending of Warhammer40k: Space Marine. So he saves the planet, kicks ass, takes out at least 50 fallen chaos marines and a DAEMON PRINCE, along with a warboss of similar power, and the Imperium's reward for this brave ultramarine? Investigate him for chaos taint! What the fuck! He just saved a forgeworld that made TITANS from being lost, and killed off a DAEMON PRINCE! What the hell Imperium! >:( >:( >:(

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47586 on: April 18, 2014, 08:29:10 pm »

Waghaghaaaa~!! Read one of the books sometime mate! It's a crapsack universe in 40k. Nothing good ever happens. :p

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #47587 on: April 18, 2014, 08:29:54 pm »

Waghaghaaaa~!! Read one of the books sometime mate! It's a crapsack universe in 40k. Nothing good ever happens. :p
^this
It's FEF, not FEOF

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47588 on: April 18, 2014, 08:30:50 pm »

Still stupid as hell. At least the Blood Ravens have the good sense to let the badass daemon-killers go and kill daemons instead of investigating the heretic-killer for heresy. Grimdark is fine, grimderp is not.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47589 on: April 18, 2014, 08:33:57 pm »

^this
And seriously, contact with a major chaos power -- like hey, daemon prince -- is well known to inflict chaos taint. Which may be a particularly grody fungal infection, but this is the stuff it takes Inquisitors to deal with. Hopefully it's just a little nurgling or something in hiding in his boots.

Because seriously. Space marine chaffing has been known to destroy entire worlds. You can't play around with that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47590 on: April 18, 2014, 08:35:44 pm »

And seriously, contact with a major chaos power -- like hey, daemon prince -- is well known to inflict chaos taint. Which may be a particularly grody fungal infection, but this is the stuff it takes Inquisitors to deal with. Hopefully it's just a little nurgling or something in hiding in his boots.

Because seriously. Space marine chaffing has been known to destroy entire worlds. You can't play around with that.
Ok, point on the major chaos power thing, and the prince was a former space marine. But what is chaffing? Term for a space marine going to chaos and deciding to blender the everything?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #47591 on: April 18, 2014, 08:36:24 pm »

Zat twas an extension of the fungal infection metaphor.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47592 on: April 18, 2014, 08:37:40 pm »

That's pretty tame compared to what the practice was in the past.  Get your hands on a copy of "Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness".  Then you'll see the real Chaos.  Read Dune for the real Imperium.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47593 on: April 18, 2014, 08:40:01 pm »

Ok, point on the major chaos power thing, and the prince was a former space marine. But what is chaffing? Term for a space marine going to chaos and deciding to blender the everything?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47594 on: April 18, 2014, 08:40:53 pm »

That's pretty tame compared to what the practice was in the past.  Get your hands on a copy of "Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness".  Then you'll see the real Chaos.  Read Dune for the real Imperium.
Dune does not generally blow up planets to get rid of daemon infestations. Which, if I remember right is the normal response to daemon princes. So Titus is a planet buster :P
Pages: 1 ... 3171 3172 [3173] 3174 3175 ... 11040